The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I assume speaking for the volunteer who got unfairly treated is forbidden?

Andruegoing

I am a Chinese player.
Since the midnight radio wave update this year, the quality of Simplified Chinese text is very poor.
Even filled with garbled and machine flips, I would like to ask what is wrong with the warframe localization team.
Why is the text that is normal enough to become a poor translation or even garbled?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My english is bad and I love the game,so I must using the machine flips,I`m sorry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

我是一名中文玩家
自从今年午夜电波活动更新以来,简体中文文本质量非常之差
甚至充斥了乱码和机翻,我想问下究竟warframe的本地化团队出了什么问题
为什么原本很正常的文本都会变成劣质翻译甚至是乱码?

10 minutes ago, Andruegoing said:

Why is the text that is normal enough to become a poor translation or even garbled?

Issues with one of the people that was translating it (removed from the team). Just Google/relevant search engine it. There is plenty of information about it.

Seems like a disappointingly handled situation going by reading up on the subject, hopefully DE's more recent translation job openings and these events can be used to better evaluate existing staff actions and team-work based communications.

Recent controversial issue regarding the China translator had been interesting, which made me to come up with a suggestion.

Generally, in SEA there's plenty of Chinese, which are not descendant or related to Communist China, with Chinese as their mother tongue. And as a former British colony, Malaysians and Singaporeans are also very well versed in English.

Chinese in SEA don't make every issue into an attack against their whole nation like China does, we're responsible for our own mistake and since due to culture, most of the time whatever happened the blame would be on us individuals instead on the company.

Unlike China Chinese, if we're removed from any program, we don't stick down and raise a whole ruckus, since we have a life.

I'm a Chinese from SEA and this is not satirical. This is just a suggestion from a old player.

Most sea player dont speak or read chinese.

And they prefer English. That why not a single game ever translated to a bahasa or pinoy.

They either English or Japanese or korean. And we never ever get china release game.

Imagine you live in asia but you can't read Japanese and korean. And most major game use this language. They never release english version on sea

When they release English version. Its normally for NA or EU server.

If DE ever  do a translation. Big prop to them. But personally. Its not needed 

2 hours ago, kswong98 said:

Recent controversial issue regarding the China translator had been interesting, which made me to come up with a suggestion.

Generally, in SEA there's plenty of Chinese, which are not descendant or related to Communist China, with Chinese as their mother tongue. And as a former British colony, Malaysians and Singaporeans are also very well versed in English.

Chinese in SEA don't make every issue into an attack against their whole nation like China does, we're responsible for our own mistake and since due to culture, most of the time whatever happened the blame would be on us individuals instead on the company.

Unlike China Chinese, if we're removed from any program, we don't stick down and raise a whole ruckus, since we have a life.

I'm a Chinese from SEA and this is not satirical. This is just a suggestion from a old player.

This kind of reeks of some type of resentment towards the mainland Chinese lol.

Like I understand the politics of SEA and China but this is kind of petty.

14 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

I can tell you what happened @Andruegoing.

Basically the guy who was removed from the team was leaking out information that he wasn't supposed to leak out and he admitted to it.

No, the translator was merely describing and introducing crowdin (a translator platform, basically just a 3rd party tool website, which DE would be using) to the fans, and that happened BEFORE NDA was signed.

That's exactly why this time it's so explosive, DE is now kicking volunteers who's standing in their way of making benefits (fortune) from other translation organizations with false accusation, jxtichi012 was a top tier translator so DE started from him first.

And obviously and sadly this community does not give a ****

Edited by banyok

3 minutes ago, banyok said:

No, the translator was merely describing and introducing crowdin (a translator platform, basically just a 3rd party tool website, which DE would be using) to the fans, and that happened BEFORE NDA was signed.

That's exactly why this time it's so explosive, DE is now kicking volunteers who's standing in their way of making benefits (fortune) from other translation organizations with false accusation, jxtichi012 was a top tier translator so DE started from him first.

And obviously and sadly this community does not give a ****

Another accusation about insulting staff member was simply him complaining about the low quality of some translation from another member, saying that they "look like translated from google translate", and he said that without using a single offensive word. Moreover the whole thing happened in a private chatting group, dk how DE was able to dig them out but it is vicious.

I have just known that a Chinese volunteer translator was falsely accused by DE and got kicked, so I googled it. It appears every thread speaking for the volunteer was removed and DE did not make any respond to that. And obviously and sadly the community pays no attention to that.

So I assume speaking for the volunteer who got unfairly treated is banned?

The volunteer that could not be trusted (regardless of what he signed) can speak for himself, it's a private matter that we cannot and should not interfere.

Your intentions might be good, but there is nothing to discuss really.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, banyok said:

I have just known that a Chinese volunteer translator was falsely accused by DE and got kicked, so I googled it. It appears every thread speaking for the volunteer was removed and DE did not make any respond to that. And obviously and sadly the community pays no attention to that.

So I assume speaking for the volunteer who got unfairly treated is banned?

Don't also forget that that matter has zero relevance to this particular subforum as we don't need english-chinese translation. 

It's as if... everyone just speaks english here. 

• Like 3