Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do I Feel Like a God

kwlingo

21 minutes ago, Sigma-118 said:

Wouldn't that be why the game's easy?

Depends on if your perspective.  Does it make you a god gamer?  No, there's no challenge.  Are Warframes actually gods in the lore?  Sometimes, maybe, sort of.  Are Warframes far more powerful than enemies?  Most definitely.

17 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Love going into defense and everything just dies when I let the magic do its thing. I see everyone running around killing everything while i go collect loot and spam my killing abilities. Love it!!! lol Saryn, Volt, Mesa, Equinox. The thing I love most is that I don't need to see my enemies to kill them and still getting most the damage and kills. Am I a God?

go above 60min mark u will see how godly u r

11 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

Depends on if your perspective.  Does it make you a god gamer?  No, there's no challenge.  Are Warframes actually gods in the lore?  Sometimes, maybe, sort of.  Are Warframes far more powerful than enemies?  Most definitely.

My apologies but your intent behind this reponse seems lost to me. What I meant with my previous comment was that warframe is designed to be a breeze. To make people feel badass, to make them feel like they are ... well .... a god. Not sure where feeling like you have god-level skills as a gamer came into play here. I mean this is neither a pvp centric game or a super hardcore pve game like dark souls.

2 minutes ago, Sigma-118 said:

My apologies but your intent behind this reponse seems lost to me. What I meant with my previous comment was that warframe is designed to be a breeze. To make people feel badass, to make them feel like they are ... well .... a god. Not sure where feeling like you have god-level skills as a gamer came into play here. I mean this is neither a pvp centric game or a super hardcore pve game like dark souls.

That's just a convenient excuse people use because the developers are struggling at balancing content properly.  It's easy, therefore it is intended to be easy.  I'm fairly confident that the devs would be more satisfied with a more normalized difficulty curve.

Regardless, my point was that the language being used here is ambiguous.  The OP might be referring to something entirely different to what you might immediately think.

1 hour ago, Zekkii said:

That's just a convenient excuse people use because the developers are struggling at balancing content properly.  It's easy, therefore it is intended to be easy.  I'm fairly confident that the devs would be more satisfied with a more normalized difficulty curve.

Regardless, my point was that the language being used here is ambiguous.  The OP might be referring to something entirely different to what you might immediately think.

Ok now we seem to be in a bit of a my interpretretation vs yours kind of situation. If i've understood you correctly you are under the impression that DE either didn't intentionally make the game as easy/make players as badass as we are now or that they have changed their mind sometime after making it so and now want to make the game more challenging/hardcore. Of course please do correct me if i'm wrong, at the moment I am only making guesses to hopefully speed up the conversation since forum discussions such as these can drag on if I stop and wait for confirmation at every uncertainty.

Anyways continuing on the assumptions I just made, why would this be the case? Why would DE who are filled to the brim with vets of the industry slowly steer a game in a direction for several years without realizing what direction they were steering it into? Why would they change their minds (ok not the best question here)? What is it that they have shown/said/done that would indicate that they want to go in a challenge-direction, so to speak?

As for the OPs post, i'm not sure how much room for interpretation there is really. They are talking about and praising the feeling of melting a S#&$ ton of enemies like they were nothing. And then ending by asking "Am I a god?" which yes, is a bit of an ambiguous question. But when you take context into account the amount of possible interpretations decrease drastically. At the end of the day the two most sensible interpretations that I can come up with is that the OP is asking wether this sense of power in the gameplay is intentional or wether the tenno are in-game gods in some shape or form. Of course I can only act according to my limited understanding of things but this seems to make sense to me at least. Again please do correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: For clarification the third paragraph is made under the assumption that OPs question is not a rhetorical one.

Edited by Sigma-118

On 2019-09-23 at 4:34 AM, Uan91 said:

I could meme this with Hela and Thor but I'm too lazy

Do it! ahahah

On 2019-09-23 at 2:42 AM, Reakacemrz said:

go above 60min mark u will see how godly u r

As a God this would take a life cycle of mine away. Even Gods cannot escape time itself. If I find a way I will teach my children.

Edited by kwlingo

You’re not a god you’re just playing a very easy game designed with power fantasy in mind that is simple enough for anyone with the brain power of a trout to obliterate.  Combine that with a playerbase that comes shrieking if you dare suggest any nerfs for game balance and you’re left with perpetual power creep and ezmode.  

Lets not get it twisted, this game is good silly fun but bragging about being “good” at it is like bragging you’re good a falling off roofs.