Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 10.1.3

[DE]darryl1

Instead of adressing to the problem behind afk farm you decided to mess with sentinels. I dont think grinding the same mission over and over again to scrape enough mats for something to craft will make people to buy mats for plat. And dont even start "Resource missions". 300 salvage for 100+ level mobs. Yeah. Thanks.

... so now afk farming is a big concern? With all due respect, how about focusing on bugs instead of nerfing sentinels? They're SUPPOSED to cover our butts. That's the very reason players get them, usually when they first start out and it's all their money and resources to do so.

-When exiting a menu, sometimes the menu will hang. I have to force warframe64.exe to close just to get out of it, and I've left it hanging for 30+ mintues before. (foundry, arsenal, dojo construction, etc)

-Despite limiting the acceptable ping for hosts, I still often get connected to a host that makes it impossible to play.

-During host migration, I often get disconnected entirely.

-On a few occasions, when starting a mission, the intro will not play and the game is broken. Doors won't open, enemies won't spawn, HUD won't show up, etc. Sometimes, after a few minutes, the intro will play and we can move on.

-When using melee, sometimes my warframes arm will get stuck in the animation for drawing the weapon and I can't fight (melee or gun) until it goes away.

-When bosses die, they tend to explode. This often sends loot/blueprints flying to unreachable locations. I had a blueprint get stuck on the ceiling before. Why does the force of the explosion, or the force of the ignis for that matter, effect loot?

-Placing mods and hitting apply, then reopening the upgrade menu will sometimes show that no mods are installed. Playing a mission, the weapon will also behave like there are no mods. But after the mission, the mods will show up and be working. I can also just log out and log back in and they'll show up.

-When opening the foundry, it sometimes hangs with no blueprints shown. I have to close it and reopen it for anything to show up.

-Inviting guild mates to void missions seems to require adding them to your friends list.

-Left over omni ammo shows up in my gear list. When attempting to equip it so I can use it and get rid of it prevents me from exiting the gear menu or even removing the omni. Requires closing warframe, since the game becomes unresponsive.

-enemy death animations not triggering?. Even while hosting, I've had dead enemies just standing there, like nothing at all was wrong.

-Phantom gunfire. On several occasions, I've seen a stream of bullets coming from where a walker used to be standing before getting killed.

-Revived players still showing up as downed on map.

I can see a lot of other things in the bug sections of the forum that I haven't experienced. So... all that, and you guys are focusing on preventing sentinels from doing their job?

Edited by Dab117

... so now afk farming is a big concern? With all due respect, how about focusing on bugs instead of nerfing sentinels? They're SUPPOSED to cover our butts. That's the very reason players get them, usually when they first start out and it's all their money and resources to do so.

-When exiting a menu, sometimes the menu will hang. I have to force warframe64.exe to close just to get out of it, and I've left it hanging for 30+ mintues before. (foundry, arsenal, dojo construction, etc)

-Despite limiting the acceptable ping for hosts, I still often get connected to a host that makes it impossible to play.

-During host migration, I often get disconnected entirely.

-On a few occasions, when starting a mission, the intro will not play and the game is broken. Doors won't open, enemies won't spawn, HUD won't show up, etc. Sometimes, after a few minutes, the intro will play and we can move on.

-When using melee, sometimes my warframes arm will get stuck in the animation for drawing the weapon and I can't fight (melee or gun) until it goes away.

-When bosses die, they tend to explode. This often sends loot/blueprints flying to unreachable locations. I had a blueprint get stuck on the ceiling before. Why does the force of the explosion, or the force of the ignis for that matter, effect loot?

-Placing mods and hitting apply, then reopening the upgrade menu will sometimes show that no mods are installed. Playing a mission, the weapon will also behave like there are no mods. But after the mission, the mods will show up and be working. I can also just log out and log back in and they'll show up.

-When opening the foundry, it sometimes hangs with no blueprints shown. I have to close it and reopen it for anything to show up.

-Inviting guild mates to void missions seems to require adding them to your friends list.

-Left over omni ammo shows up in my gear list. When attempting to equip it so I can use it and get rid of it prevents me from exiting the gear menu or even removing the omni. Requires closing warframe, since the game becomes unresponsive.

-enemy death animations not triggering?. Even while hosting, I've had dead enemies just standing there, like nothing at all was wrong.

-Phantom gunfire. On several occasions, I've seen a stream of bullets coming from where a walker used to be standing before getting killed.

-Revived players still showing up as downed on map.

I can see a lot of other things in the bug sections of the forum that I haven't experienced. So... all that, and you guys are focusing on preventing sentinels from doing their job?

This

^ This. If you're in Solo Mode and suddenly need to answer the phone or nature's call, you can press the Esc key to pause the game. There's no need for your Sentinel to cover you.

On a slight tangent, if you're in one of the group modes, ideally your squad should cover for you since it IS a Co-Op game. If there's no cooperation within the squad, then I think that points more to an issue with the player community than with Sentinels in general. In any case, I don't think Sentinels should act as a substitute for a squad if that's how some players are using them.

Whatever the case, I agree that the change to Sentinels is probably not the best solution for what DE is trying to remedy.

I highly doubt you ever met a "cooperating and friendly team". Obviously you do what your warframe is supposed to do.

Here is the default case: you join an online random game, you see your squadmates, you run around killing stuff and just doing what you and your frame supposed to do and thats it. It's almost like your saying that random people would put up a fortress if they could to protect you while you are away for a bit...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A way to screw over veteran players that already invited all their friends to play the game months ago

^ That

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now give us veteran players the ability to get the rightful rewards of the referral system because you couldn't put it in a...tad sooner -.-

Also, why the hell is it such a huge problem if people are AFK farming??? Obviously not good in multiplayer (not that i can't complete anything with 1 less player....) but again, AFK farming sounds like something that you do in solo or private (i've never seen one, thats why i suppose).

This is a goddamn grindgame (don't you dare deny it), they are gulity because they wanted to make it less painful?!

I'm honestly starting to lose faith in DE...

Edited by Koloricsi

Would pick this one of the most important one. I bet devs will call it client server lag. From my point of view it would be better that if i kill it on my client, he would resurrect later if server says so instead i'm wasting extra ammo on the standing dummy.

And lag affecting gravity ? Seriously ? Never in my life seen such "bug". Doors half way opening, loot getting stuck mid air... what is this sorcery ? Yeah i know it's animation progress synced to server, but it still looks like crap.

improve the chat please - too much people have weird nicks and searching their names on the bigass list or typing them to give an invintation is so annoying - gathering a party for a void missions is a torture. In fact i would have liked not only better chat but also room system for a void missions like in a warcraft 3, like check up on list of available void mission rooms, enter one, creator of the group sees your stats and then accepts you into party or kicks you...simplicity at its best.

How about not off-handedly referring to a frustrated segment of your player-base, tired of the overwhelming grind and farm designed into the game, as lazy?

A Number of us have voiced these concerns. You know what's becoming most troubling about Digital Extremes and Warframe? I'm starting to look for ways to beat the system. Not looking for new ways to play the game, but ways to beat DE and Warframe. IT. IS. NOT. FUN. I feel like I might be better served watching a screen of squares with pictures of Orokin Cell, and Mutagen samples, and Neurodes on them and then every 5 minutes I can click on the picture, and a item pops out and then I can click on the item and I get to collect it and when I get enough I can build the a neat item I want, like a neat new Sentinel Tractor that will automate some of that 5 minute work for me. Or an Orokin Cell Mine that will automatically generate more Orokin cells, so I can create the Orokin Transwarp Generator which will allow me to Fund enough Lotuses to trigger the Lotusocalypse.

The day Warframe merges with cookie clicker is the day my Naga gaming mouse will BURST INTO FLAMES. Also? Space Carpal Tunnel!

I was actually initially making a Farmville/facebook game reference, because essentially that's what the game has turned into. But facebook games, give you a flurry intense activity, and then you are gated by having to wait, unless you pay, like the Foundry. Where as Cookieclicker. the farming can be nigh constant. until you get to the point where everything costs trillions of cookies. then it is much more efficient and satisfying to wait until you have multiples of trillions to purchase many things at once. Leave cookie clicker running over night, wake up in the morning, and reap the rewards. Sound familiar? 

Edited by mrfluffydeath