Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

possible enemy type: super mobile sniper assassins!

dangerdragon117

it would be cool to have enemies that are more mobile, less armored and can bullet jump. basically like the sniper grineer unit with the sniper laser but bullet jumping all over the place and sticking to walls.

these pics are some inspiration

corpus sniper assassinlatest?cb=20161026133813

grineer sniper assassin19067e785bb0cb4b63baaa09a743a7e7--warham

don't know if this goes in fan concepts or not since it isn't original.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

more mobile, less armored and can bullet jump

So basically, more pathetic variants of the Grineer Manics?

I mean, at least the manics can go into stealth and waste your time, but your concept just screams "One AoE ability and they're dead".

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

So basically, more pathetic variants of the Grineer Manics?

I mean, at least the manics can go into stealth and waste your time, but your concept just screams "One AoE ability and they're dead".

I was thinking more of a tenno like enemy that requires you to be mobile and put effort into killing them, not just some bullet sponge with 5 million health or something....

Like Sniper Crewman, but less dumb and can turn invisible and cause physical darkness to surround the Tenno at will?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sniper_Crewman

EDIT: Yeah, throw some Grineer Manic in there too!

It should be part of the Orb Vallis tileset... with the rest of the cheating Corpus units. Yeah, I think this special sniper unit should also use a jet pack and have Vivisect Director/Gantulyst's space energy beams attack for extra frustration.

Edited by nslay

3 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

They'd just dissolve off screen like everything else.

the thing is that there is very little reason to be mobile in this game because the enemies do not dodge or anything so you can just sit in a corner press fire and everything is dead. this game needs something to make us mobile or dead. especially if we can get some enemies who are tricky to shoot and you have to chase after them.

Edited by dangerdragon117

35 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

the thing is that there is very little reason to be mobile in this game because the enemies do not dodge or anything so you can just sit in a corner press fire and everything is dead. this game needs something to make us mobile or dead. especially if we can get some enemies who are tricky to shoot and you have to chase after them.

Thats the thing. You don't need to shoot a enemy to kill it.

"Look this super awesome high mobile enemy jumping around the map, attacking you from all angles"

Meh, press 4 and he's dead. In my case, press stomp and shoot his face after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dangerdragon117 said:

it would be cool to have enemies that are more mobile, less armored and can bullet jump. basically like the sniper grineer unit with the sniper laser but bullet jumping all over the place and sticking to walls.

these pics are some inspiration

corpus sniper assassinlatest?cb=20161026133813

grineer sniper assassin19067e785bb0cb4b63baaa09a743a7e7--warham

don't know if this goes in fan concepts or not since it isn't original.

Enemy snipers in this game would need a rework (well, most enemies indeed), currently they zerg on you like every other unit, they also lock onto you despite not facing you, they don't act like snipers and have the same horrible scaling problem every unit has, an ideal rework for snipers would have to include the following.

1. Engage only from long range, disengage otherwise.
  2. Low health high damage.
  3. No cheesing mechanics, that means they should be facing the player if they are aiming.
  4. Low quantities at any given time.
  5. Their weapons have to give away their position just to compensate for their damage potential.

Nah. The ai is still dumb. And snipers either oneshot you across the realm or they shoot anything except you.

They are an other inconsistent enemy type with their accuracy going up and down like some S#&$ty yoyo.

If they would improve the ai after that this is worth to look at. But even then we can usually press x like the others said.

A glass canon on a jet. Most strategy would be killing him right after he spawn/make your skin harder than his bullet. And since it works to every other enemies in warframe, I guess i will do what I always do. Spamming 1234, rubiko if it's far, catchmoon/redeemer if it's close enough, while being invincible or cloaked if possible

nice arts

Outside of that, more mobile is kinda bad in wf since the ai is terrible. It ll probably make them move straight to you like any other unit, other snipers are quite like that, then move too randomly, making them more boring or frustrating than interesting to fight.

But that doesnt matter so much, since the game is mostly aim in a general direction, eventually press one or two buttons and gg. So yeah it doesnt looks good.