Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my valkyr rework

KlutzMeister

my dumbass had an idea,

1-move like attack on titan or spider-man, with special attacks from 4 ....maybe even a web on ground/walls to limit enemies movement like tether grenade

2- tap is same but hold increases range and duration of stun and more screaming

3- eternal war folded in and press 3 while active to spread buff to allies

4- hold jump to leap forward, slashing jump attack as you go and with a flurry on landing
damage resist drains over time, restored by kills
kills increase damage and range of team healing from access life steal
passive+ bonuses for reviving allies

20 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Because it fun to use?

Just "fun" is why her kit is a one trick pony supported entirely by Eternal War and maybe Prolonged Paralysis, and chasing Eternal War/Hysteria duration with Narrow Minded greatly hurts this "fun" ability that is Ripline as well as Paralysis in range.

"Fun" at the expense of a well-rounded kit is not worth it in the current meta. It has to be useful and fit a role you don't already have by default  (Operator mobility). At least Nova is a team transport, but ripline shows it was designed before Operators were a thing.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

I dunno,

she seems to be doing well as is,

there are just better tanks and melee rework is screwing her Hysteria at the moment that makes her less preferred. 

Do believe her 1 should be something more than what it is though, maybe strip armor or something if you hit enemies with it. 

Ripline needs a change. Having a mobility ability sounds redundant with operator void dash but its actually good. Not having to switch to your operator to move is a good qol and yeah not everyone have waybounds to make void dash really usable so its not bad to be able to rely on your warframe ability. So just make it a straight forward dash or a targeted dash without useless animations. Targeted dash would fit more with the berserker theme, just dash quickly to an enemy and eventually put a small cc.

Warcry would need a buff, either more armor or convert to damage reduction.

Paralysis, obviously remove the shield mechanic... There is no reason to build for shield so why she should have a shield synergie...

Hysteria is more about a general melee issue. Hug range melee is not really effective, yeah the single target dps is big, but i prefer to kill 10 guys than overkill one. So yeah lets wait melee 3.0, soon tm...

But overall shes fine. This is just about making her better.

Edited by belanya

11 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I still don't understand why Valkyr reworks still include ripline for mobility when there's your operator. Such a waste of energy and ability slot.

Because the game is Warframe not &(^% space tweenframe. 

Edited by AzureTerra

34 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Because the game is Warframe not &(^% space tweenframe. 

That's the same argument as "The name of the game is Pokémon, not Trainer" or "The name of the show is Dragon Ball Z, not Goku".

Might as well complain that in Gears of War you don't play as an actual clock cog while you're at it if only a specific concept around the product's actual name is acceptable to you while ignoring everything that comprises its universe and how they relate to each other.

Edited by Jarriaga

3 hours ago, belanya said:

Not having to switch to your operator to move is a good

I fail to see how it is good considering:

- It costs energy. Operator is free.

- It's slower than Operator even considering the time it takes to pop out.

- It doesn't travel even half the distance your operator does.

- It gets further nerfed in travel distance when chasing the only good builds Valkyr currently offers, which widens the gap even more.

- On top of that, depending on your focus school and Arcanes, your dash gives back energy (Zenurik) and/or locks enemies in place (Magus Lockdown).

What are the advantages Ripline offers that makes it "good" when considering the above? What do you gain by using Ripline that offsets all the above?

not everyone have waybounds to make void dash really usable so its not bad to be able to rely on your warframe ability.

That's like saying Valkyr should have 3000 base armor and 200% base power strength because not everyone has a maxed-out Umbral Fiber and Umbral Intensify. That's the player's fault and should not be used as a defense for outdated ability designs.

So just make it a straight forward dash or a targeted dash without useless animations. Targeted dash would fit more with the berserker theme, just dash quickly to an enemy and eventually put a small cc.

Now this I agree, replacing it with something that does more than just movement. Personally, I'd prefer if Ripline was removed, Warcry made her first ability as the core of her kit, and Paralysis was reworked with a different scaling formula (Agree shields are counterproductive) and more range. As for her new 2 (Since Warcry would now be her 1) I'd like to see Valkyr get an ability that boosts her melee damage based on the damage she takes during its "warm up" phase. Think of Wukong's Defy but giving her melee damage instead of armor as Valkyr gets angrier.

Warcry needs a revision. Base ability is 13 seconds (15, but 2 seconds cast animation) and the scaling formula for the armor value it gives is horrible. At 200% strength, it only gives 700 armor to Valkyr because it scales off base armor, not total armor. It does nothing else for the team (Other than the attack speed buff) because of this. I don't know of another ability with such diminishing returns for ability strength scaling in the entire game. On top of that, Eternal War is mandatory just to keep the attack speed buff because of the short base duration. The extra duration when killing with melee should be part of the core ability. The augment should do something else like making it re-castable and buff team armor based on Valkyr's own total armor values (Instead of teammate's base armor), giving Valkyr a secondary "defender" role that would improve her team value and would make the Warcry augment feel different rather than mandatory. 

Hysteria should incorporate Hysterical Assault by default considering the weapon has a very short reach even with Primed Reach and no energy waves to help cut distance, and should get the Nezha treatment of being changed into flat damage reduction so you can help sustain it longer with Hunter Adrenaline/Rage. Her current Hysteria drains very fast because energy consumption increases the longer the ability is used and you can't replenish it unless you drop Hysteria. Her augment could then in turn be used to revert Hysteria to what we currently have so both camps are happy and the ability feels different based on augment or no augment, so now you'd be able to choose between 1) Not being completely impervious but staying in Hysteria for much longer, or 2) Being completely impervious to damage but not being able to use Hysteria for long (When compared to 1).

I'd also propose additional synergies resulting from casting Paralysis when Warcry is active and another synergy when both Hysteria and Warcry are active. Paralysis should help alleviate Valkyr's problems dealing with armored enemies by causing corrosive and blast procs if cast while Hysteria is active, and it should give a temporary passive evasion* bonus and movement speed bonus if cast while Warcry is active.

*Evasion defined in this case as what Agility Drift does: Reduce the accuracy of enemy units attacking the player from range.

Edited by Jarriaga