The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best amp for Eidolons?

IIcyTom

Right now I'm using shwaak, pencha and clapkra. It's the first one I made after maxing the mote amp, which combo should I get next? I know certus brace is great. but haven't unlocked them yet, currently 40k standing away from unlocking it. Just wondering whats the next best thing.

Best starter amp is going to be an x23 amp (any prism, Shraksun scaffold, Lohrin brace). If you can get the Certus brace, then use that instead. The best amps overall are either an x27 (any prism, Shraksun, Certus) or an x77 (any prism, Propa, Certus) amp, but the x77 amp is significantly harder to use and practically requires that you have the Virtuous Shadow arcane to be usable.

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi

x27 is the best choice, x23 if you dont have fortuna amps

Use your alt fire, if the choice of the prism doesnt matter its cause you dont really use it. You can use a high fire rate prism if you need to empty your void strike stacks quicker but it doesnt matter so much. Its your alt fire, the scaffold that ll deal the damages.

Madurai void strike is mandatory.

Virtuos shadow is the best arcane, crit is far better cause of weird maths on eidolon shield.

Try to shoot through volt shield.

The shraksun scaffold has punchthrough and can multi hit. So in order to greatly increase the dps you go below the eidolon and try to aim through its leg and its entire body. You can get 4 hit with on shot like that.

7clZ6KNT5z5qsxAIFirkkxSHtx78934k5x7kvIoK6p4HehqQ-5oNPzN1JeiWmvkUjAOFizAmoPFu-vkkiGRPgL37GV7iwPbXJGOpPVZsnobAr8DvtNj4KLnomsQnWwXP-cmXtMj_

Last hit is yellow cause the shield got entirely depleted and it hit a synovia.

• Like 2

The best amp is the one that works for you. You really gotta experiment with the different Prisms and Scaffolds to see which ones you actually like.

My personal favorite is a Shwaak, Pencha, Juttni. But I also sometimes make use of a Granmu, Shraksun, Lohrin.

I've got enough Amps that I have NO desire to try different combinations. They're a pain to max out, so once I get the MR for a Prism, I just figure I'm done with it.

So while I want to try Shwaak, Shraksun, Lohrin... I don't want to put in the effort.

Some people swear by the new Certus Brace, but I still prefer Lohrin since I like to use the Virtuous Fury arcane.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

The best amp is the one that works for you. You really gotta experiment with the different Prisms and Scaffolds to see which ones you actually like.

My personal favorite is a Shwaak, Pencha, Juttni. But I also sometimes make use of a Granmu, Shraksun, Lohrin.

I've got enough Amps that I have NO desire to try different combinations. They're a pain to max out, so once I get the MR for a Prism, I just figure I'm done with it.

So while I want to try Shwaak, Shraksun, Lohrin... I don't want to put in the effort.

Some people swear by the new Certus Brace, but I still prefer Lohrin since I like to use the Virtuous Fury arcane.

Please don't say terrible things like this....I might very much like using a fork...but if somebody gives me a pool of the worlds most tasty vegetable broth...it won't work too well.   If you are going to hunt eidlons..build an x27 and be done with it.   If poor/broke...goes for an x23.   But anything less than that is so far  down the power curve for shield shredding that it doesn't even have a pulse IMO.  

Edited by Chappie1975

the Shraksun (Piercing Flak Grenade) or Propa (Timebomb) Scaffolds are the only things to consider for Eidolon Hunting.
each of them has high Damage per Shot, and also very high Critical Probabilities. Shraksun because of Multi-hits, and Propa because of having very high Crit Chance.

each has their own quirks that makes optimal application of their Damage capabilities tricky, and you'll have to practice those to learn how to use them consistently.

maximum Crits on your Brace, nothing else matters.
you can use most any Prism you like, as the only primary purpose it's going to have is dumping Void Strike charges and on rare occasions shooting a Vomvalyst (though generally you're better off Killing the Vomvalyst by Dashing through it, especially if you have Meteoric Dash (Madurai) unlocked and Equipped). there is a potential very rare emergency purpose of your Prism, that being an emergency backup for Shield Damage. if say, your Scaffold failed to Crit numerous times in a row and the Shields are still up, if your Prism has very high Crit Chance then you can use your Prism as a failsafe. i do this with Raplak (Semi-Auto sniper-ey), and when i get many non Crits in a row i give up and just shoot Raplak to get the rest of the Shield without having to gamble on yet another failed Crit (since with Virtuos Shadow and the Brace, Raplak has a 93% Crit Chance).

you might be detecting that Amp Crits are important, and yes, they are very important. Amp Parts that have fairly high Crit Stats is a must for Eidolon Shields. so, no matter what don't pick the Amp Parts that have Crit Chances lower than 20% when Gilded. those are all straight garbage for Eidolon Hunting (but you could still use them if you like them, it's just that they're dramatically less effective at everything).

7 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

But anything less than that is so far  down the power curve for shield shredding that it doesn't even have a pulse IMO.  

i suppose technically any of the relatively high Damage per Shot Amp Parts can be used well, as Void Strike will be what carries them either way. and you can do decent Damage with any of those higher Damage w/ Crits Amp Parts.

10 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

Please don't say terrible things like this....I might very much like using a fork...but if somebody gives me a pool of the worlds most tasty vegetable broth...it won't work too well.   If you are going to hunt eidlons..build an x27 and be done with it.   If poor/broke...goes for an x23.   But anything less than that is so far  down the power curve for shield shredding that it doesn't even have a pulse IMO.  

Sorry, but I don't use that Amp build and I do shred shields in 1-2 shots, so in my experience your argument is incorrect. I do make use of Void Strike, of course, but Shwaak performs better than Shraksun for me.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Rahn-Shraksun-Certus with Madurai Void Strike.

Shraksun is your damage dealer. With enough charge from Void Strike paired with Volt's Shield (best to play Volt yourself) you deal great damage per shot. Despite doing twofold damage, every shot counts as only one charge from Void Strike. With a few minutes charge up time for Void Strike before Nightfall, you get 8 one-shot charges.

Why Rahn? In later stages (especially with average groups), you won't have longe charge phases for Void Strike and often have to do with VS multiplicators of just 3-5x between phases. If you have only a few VS charges left, you might want to discharge them quickly with your Rahn shots and recharge for the full eight VS charges instead.

Certus for max crit chance, use Virtuos Strike along.