Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profile Stats and Mission Failures

EntityEnigma

I like seeing how many missions I failed so I disagree. Keep it. If you don't like, don't look at it. But if it's removed then how will the people who do like to see how many missions they've failed be able to see it? No matter how minor, removing it is removing a piece of the game. It's better to have more than less.

1 minute ago, Goodwill said:

I like seeing how many missions I failed so I disagree. Keep it. If you don't like, don't look at it. But if it's removed then how will the people who do like to see how many missions they've failed be able to see it? No matter how minor, removing it is removing a piece of the game. It's better to have more than less.

I agree. I think for those that don't like seeing their number of failures, use that frustration and energy towards improving yourself and failing less. I done that over time and got to a point I simply don't fail anymore. For some, having stats can be a nice motivator to improve yourself. 

For some players, they set goals on working on improving certain profile stats. Not everyone of course but I'm sure a small minority do. It would be a shame if the stats just went poof, and vanished while others were still working on those goals. 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)l Saminator l said:

As I said in one of the earlier posts, some do enjoy the feature of profile stats being included in a long term game like Warframe, like myself.  Saying that it won't diminish the fun of any other group is pretty arrogant as it means you didn't take into account the players that do like seeing their stats. It was already posted above too.

Given how inaccurate WF stats are, I have a very hard time believing anyone could seriously care about them. I think you're just saying it for the sake of being contrarian.

If some feel strongly that profile stats should be removed, the best solution would probably be to add a setting somewhere in the options that allows you to disable the public and private view of your profile stats. That way for those that don't wish to see their profile stats, they are happy.

Again, for the third time, that's not how it works. Some people are bothered by knowing that failures are tracked even when they're not looking at the numbers.

I doubt this is something DE would introduce as like others have pointed out,

That I do agree with. DE can't be bothered to fix issues that detract from the game much more for a much greater number of people, this is completely under their radar.

It would just be a waste of a DE's time to work on this when they have more important things to work on. 

Eh, maybe? Given how trivial and quick it would be to do, I might see a point to doing it. It could be done quicker than this discussion took place, in all likelihood.

Edited by SordidDreams

8 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Given how inaccurate WF stats are, I have a very hard time believing anyone could seriously care about them. I think you're just saying it for the sake of being contrarian.

Ironically despite your comment, people care enough about them to have them removed? If people didn't care about the stats, we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.

5 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Ironically despite your comment, people care enough about them to have them removed? If people didn't care about the stats, we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.

Inaccuarate stats are less enjoyable than accurate stats. That shouldn't be controversial. So people who normally enjoy stats have their enjoyment diminished by the inaccuracy, while people who dislike stats dislike inaccurate ones even more. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

Edited by SordidDreams

4 minutes ago, (XB1)l Saminator l said:

What about for those that the stats work just fine and accurately like mine? I don't mind your points in the debate, happy to listen to others points of views on anything, but some of your points make it sound as if those that do care about the profile stats simply don't exist. Or that you don't care for them. 

I seriously doubt the stats work differently for different people.

The profile stats are about useless. It says my most played frame is Ash even though I haven't played him in years, same with the weapons and companions and such. It doesn't keep track of what really is your most used anything well at all.

Plus, I ignore the mission stuff because from experiance most failures are from DC's, level gen problems, getting stuck and the unstuck feature won't work, etc. 

Hopefully when they do the UI pass to it they will update the sheet and make it more relevant.

31 minutes ago, Jhura said:

The profile stats are about useless. It says my most played frame is Ash even though I haven't played him in years, same with the weapons and companions and such. It doesn't keep track of what really is your most used anything well at all.

Not to mention some of the stats are just completely wrong and nonsensical. Like for instance my Helios somehow keeps gaining kill assists despite having no damage-dealing abilities. He's up to 7 now, after several thousand hours of gameplay, so it's clearly a very rare occurrence, but it does keep happening once in a while. Same thing with some of the old operation stats, for some the score keeps going up despite the operations having finished years ago. And don't even get me started on the mission end screen:

Spoiler

Warframe0069.jpg?width=872&height=491

Stats in WF are a complete sh*t show, you can't really trust any of the numbers the game gives you.

Edited by SordidDreams

7 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Inaccuarate stats are less enjoyable than accurate stats. That shouldn't be controversial. So people who normally enjoy stats have their enjoyment diminished by the inaccuracy, while people who dislike stats dislike inaccurate ones even more. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

So why not compromise? How about, they fix the way stats are calculated? That way, people who dislike innacurate stats will be satisfied, along with those like myself who want to keep them.

4 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

So why not compromise? How about, they fix the way stats are calculated? That way, people who dislike innacurate stats will be satisfied, along with those like myself who want to keep them.

Because that would be a lot of work, tracking down all the various bugs and weirdness that goes on under the hood. I'd rather DE spent their time working on more important issues that detract from the game a lot more for a lot more people. And more importantly, there's no way to retroactively figure out what the correct stats are supposed to be, so already existing inaccurate stats are forever going to remain inaccurate (and therefore pointless).

Removing them completely, on the other hand, is trivial.

Edited by SordidDreams

6 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Because that would be a lot of work, tracking down all the various bugs and weirdness that goes on under the hood. I'd rather DE spent their time working on more important issues that detract from the game a lot more for a lot more people. And more importantly, there's no way to retroactively figure out what the correct stats are supposed to be, so already existing inaccurate stats are forever going to remain inaccurate (and therefore pointless).

Removing them completely, on the other hand, is trivial.

But you can remove the stats. It's called not looking at them. Now DE have to dedicate 0 seconds into a problem that is easily rectified. Hell, it requires precisely 0 clicks from the player to fix it themselves. I would rather them spend their time fixing ACTUAL problems in Warframe than over such a trivial matter.

48 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

But you can remove the stats. It's called not looking at them. Now DE have to dedicate 0 seconds into a problem that is easily rectified. Hell, it requires precisely 0 clicks from the player to fix it themselves.

For the fourth time, that's not how it works. Some people are bothered by knowing that failures are tracked even when they're not looking at the numbers.

48 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

I would rather them spend their time fixing ACTUAL problems in Warframe than over such a trivial matter.

Yes, that's literally what I said in the comment you quoted. Thank you for agreeing with me.