Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would be the first think you'd do if you were your Operator?

(XBOX)yepbeeble

Firstly - going to assume it's not 100% game accurate because, well, Operators don't have skin other than their face otherwise :tongue:.

Assumptions made: powers are basically what those powers would be under broader specifications and the specific-case uses are just game logic provided they stay roughly within context. For example, void blast is pushing telekinesis, not exclusively an explosion, Flame Blast/Flaming Dash is pyrokinesis of the 'can manifest fire under supernatural conditions but can't control it after the fact). Transference is what it's implied to be in the Sacrifice being advanced telepathy and not exclusively possession, and the ESP that they use for Cutscenes isn't literally just canned cutscenes. Stuff like that. Also, assuming Murder isn't required for developing focus because, like... that'd suck.

And just for fun going to assume that with enough focus and practice I can develop other Operator focus powers because A: there doesn't seem to be any lore reason against it and B: because this is a thought experiment anyway and I only have Madurai Maxed.

So, first thing would be pretty damn boring - finish uni + masters. Boring, yes, but superpowers don't guarantee a stable income, crime can bite you in the ass, as can fame from superpowers since you'll never get a moments peace. Better to have a secret identity and not step too far out of line. Plus, going with that last assumption, a few extra years to get stronger is useful, and I can still get into uni because of transference - use the telepathy element to convince people you're still you and your sudden shift in appearance doesn't change that. Then proceed to start using powers for shenanigans to supplement anything else I choose to do. Tenno can do a hell of a lot of things, including but not limited to: pyrokinesis, electrokinesis, astral projection, limited temporal manipulation, limited flight (1-200 metres is not a bad distance for void dash). They've also got superhuman physicality too, in terms of speed. Plenty of opportunities for fun stuff.

Unless you mean absolute first thing, in which case, FREAK OUT BECAUSE I'VE SUDDENLY TURNED INTO A DIFFERENT BODY WHAT THE ACTUAL -

Y'know, I can't imagine a sudden body-swap is something most people would take in stride :tongue:

• Like 1

My first thought was I'd go to Cetus to taste some food, because my poor operator never eats anything!

But then Loza made me realize the question is probably about what would I do with superpowers irl. So I'd go into the deepest wilderness and try living there in complete isolation for a while, just to see if I could. With my operator powers, I could hunt, fish, build a shelter, and protect myself from predators easily. My boyfriend would absolutely love this!