Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Big Railjack concern!!!

RavingRoman

Guys! I need urgent opinions about Railjack!

I'm highly worried that it will be just like flying an giant archwing, and realized that does not feel like good gameplay in my opinion.

Personally, I think it should be like a VTOL (Vertical Landing and Take Off) jet with two modes.

VTOL: Flies somewhat like a helicopter, steady but cannot outrun anything.

Jet mode: Flying like an ace combat jet for some real dogfights, fly-bys and bombing runs. And for the real flyboys out there, they can use a joy stick and have actual races in all types of terrain.

Here is a video of what it can be like. Using a VTOL jet from Saints Row as reference

https://youtu.be/9sM9RvWwIH0?t=8

Let me know what you think

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I think its going to be a giant archwing, and that you're going to stay away from it so that no one will find you running Railjack missions, which with all things considered... That's probably the best result I can expect from it.

That is precisely what I am worried about and mentioning this now so that people are aware and can discuss it. 

There isn't much discussion about it though... You have different energy settings to choose from, for different performances, so the VTOL suggestion downgrades it... You also have different parts to choose from, different upgrades to choose from...

Its all up to you how you're going to equip it... No point thinking/discussing about it now when its going to be released in phases, like the Melee system. Once it goes live, we (me and/or any other player) can discuss about your worries all you want, because we'll have facts as a baseline for a proper discussion.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

There isn't much discussion about it though... You have different energy settings to choose from, for different performances, so the VTOL suggestion downgrades it... You also have different parts to choose from, different upgrades to choose from...

Its all up to you how you're going to equip it... No point thinking/discussing about it now when its going to be released in phases, like the Melee system. Once it goes live, we (me and/or any other player) can discuss about your worries all you want, because we'll have facts as a baseline for a proper discussion.

That is very true. Though I disagree that a VTOL/Jet mode is a downgrade. The basics are already available as it is. All it needs is that the speed is capped in the VTOL mode and is much faster in the Jet mode while the jet mode cannot hover or go backwards. This would provide reasonable limitations that makes the game mode a little more challenging, and can solve a speed issue in a more reasonable way. 

1 minute ago, RavingRoman said:

ll it needs is that the speed is capped in the VTOL mode and is much faster in the Jet mode while the jet mode cannot hover or go backwards.

... You do realize that Railjack is going to be in space, right?

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... You do realize that Railjack is going to be in space, right?

I doubt it will exclusively be in space. If AW is brought to the atmosphere, I believe so will Railjack. I doubt DE will pass up the chance to use it in a base raid where you find the reactor in a fortress and have the railjack shoot it up with it's main gun after providing one hell of a distraction for the infiltration team. 

If you say so.

I still want it to go live before I say anything else about it. Discussing theories is something I don't like to do, otherwise I'll fall asleep because it drags... and drags... and keep dragging... and then I reach 90 years old and it keeps dragging... and dragging...

I prefer to discuss technical stuff, since that's exactly where progress happens. Theories are just groundwork ideas, and don't really work unless there's a technical component making it happen. So, until it goes live, anything happening in this topic are just theories... Groundwork ideas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

If you say so.

I still want it to go live before I say anything else about it. Discussing theories is something I don't like to do, otherwise I'll fall asleep because it drags... and drags... and keep dragging... and then I reach 90 years old and it keeps dragging... and dragging...

I prefer to discuss technical stuff, since that's exactly where progress happens. Theories are just groundwork ideas, and don't really work unless there's a technical component making it happen. So, until it goes live, anything happening in this topic are just theories... Groundwork ideas.

Preference is respected. 

Although I do feel like there some things I want to discuss before it is implemented because there may be some things that you are so far along that you cannot undo. 
But I think that is why DE opens these workshops. 

They have fast small fighter combat. That's AW. If Railjack is yet another fighter sim just scaled up, then why have AW? Its impractical from a gameplay perspective of two different modes filling the same roll. Railjack is crusier combat. Slower, methodical. Of course its going to operate like a giant AW. because thats the best way to pilot a vehicle in warframes frictional space fluid. Subs in subnautica control like giant archwings. Archwing control is what needs to change.

AW was to get its own rework for railjack. Yet they have not covered it at all at Tennocon or the devstreams. universal blink and modular versions cant be all they have.

Edited by Firetempest

32 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Its impractical from a gameplay perspective of two different modes filling the same roll

This I disagree with this because of the way they have the same multi-directional movement, included hovering in place and reversing on a dime. 

The request is for railjack to be even less agile than Archwing. Forcing forward movement, requiring you to power down thrusters before full stop and reversing. However, having more top speed than the Archwing. Maybe the Saints Row example is too agile, but it definitely needs to be even heftier as a ship

6 hours ago, RavingRoman said:

I'm highly worried that it will be just like flying an giant archwing, and realized that does not feel like good gameplay in my opinion.

Well, I highly suggest you go watch the actual game-play sessions they've had while demonstrating it. It flies like that, as far as we know.

On 2019-10-20 at 11:15 PM, RavingRoman said:

*blah blah*

Jet mode: Flying like an ace combat jet for some real dogfights, fly-bys and bombing runs. And for the real flyboys out there, they can use a joy stick and have actual races in all types of terrain...

*sees reference to ace combat. Nods in approval*