Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternative Nightwave Tier-Rewards if you already own them.

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

For everyone who already has the Saturn Six armor, the special weapon mods, the Eidolon Ephemera, and etcetera from the previous seasons, can we just get more Intermission Credits or something instead? There is no point whatsoever in owning duplicates of these items, and having truly pointless rewards isn't the best idea in my opinion. 

i think the best solution for both kind of users, the one who already got everything and the one who dont have the items from previous seasons, is to put a Special Ticket in the tier reward, that ticked should be used in the Night Wave store to exchange for previous rewards or for a bundle of Nightwave credits

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

There's also no point to duplicate threads.

If someone else happens to share my opinion, and also happened to post it ahead of me, that just makes the issue more visible to DE. I'm not going to browse through five pages of forum threads before sharing my feedback, just to see if someone else happened to have already made a similar thread.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, enemystand said:

i think the best solution for both kind of users, the one who already got everything and the one who dont have the items from previous seasons, is to put a Special Ticket in the tier reward, that ticked should be used in the Night Wave store to exchange for previous rewards or for a bundle of Nightwave credits

I think this can just be done automatically by the game: it can check if an item is a cosmetic (which needn't be duplicated) and if that item is already in the player's inventory, gib credit.

It's also probably easier because they don't have to design a new icon for those tickets in the inventory system. I mean, yeah, new icons are easy enough to do, but the code for auto-checking it? Might take five minutes if you're really nursing your coffee while typing it out.

Why do you think there's an Umbra Forma in there.

Wasn't one in the first intermission. They know it's useless rewards for a good 75% of the community so they added Umbra bait. I'd say replace repeats with Creds but I don't want those either. I personally only do it for mods, cosmetics and the Umbra Forma and it's not like it's fun or anything. Great design, 10/10.

1. DE can't keep up with the development time needed to make new mods, cosmetics and rewards somehow.
  2. A small loud portion of the community wants to know when rewards will return even though most are useless.

Result = Baro 2.0

28 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Why do you think there's an Umbra Forma in there.

Wasn't one in the first intermission. They know it's useless rewards for a good 75% of the community so they added Umbra bait. I'd say replace repeats with Creds but I don't want those either. I personally only do it for mods, cosmetics and the Umbra Forma and it's not like it's fun or anything. Great design, 10/10.

1. DE can't keep up with the development time needed to make new mods, cosmetics and rewards somehow.
  2. A small loud portion of the community wants to know when rewards will return even though most are useless.

Result = Baro 2.0

This all just goes back to people thinking NW isn't supposed to be a replacement for alerts, despite the devs saying it is. Ofc vets are going to feel that most of the rewards are lame/uninteresting--they are the same rewards we've had from Alerts for years. The only difference is that we now have the 30 levels of progression rewards, which are still nice imo, but I can see why people would complain about the duplicate skins and stuff. Those should be replaced with a larger amount of cred than the post-30 levels. For example, if you already have the S6 armor, that slot should be replaced with 50 cred or something. Sure, cred isn't the most useful thing either, but it's something. Potatoes/Kuva are always useful, imo. For that 0.00001% of players who have more potatoes than they know what to do with, there's still Kuva. If you don't like Kuva, that's your problem. The rest of the player base can find some use for some of those rewards. At a certain point, you can only offer so much for the super vets before it comes at the cost of everyone else, and we shouldn't want that (and I'm saying this as a 6 year vet myself).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

This all just goes back to people thinking NW isn't supposed to be a replacement for alerts, despite the devs saying it is. Ofc vets are going to feel that most of the rewards are lame/uninteresting--they are the same rewards we've had from Alerts for years. The only difference is that we now have the 30 levels of progression rewards, which are still nice imo, but I can see why people would complain about the duplicate skins and stuff. Those should be replaced with a larger amount of cred than the post-30 levels. For example, if you already have the S6 armor, that slot should be replaced with 50 cred or something. Sure, cred isn't the most useful thing either, but it's something. Potatoes/Kuva are always useful, imo. For that 0.00001% of players who have more potatoes than they know what to do with, there's still Kuva. If you don't like Kuva, that's your problem. The rest of the player base can find some use for some of those rewards. At a certain point, you can only offer so much for the super vets before it comes at the cost of everyone else, and we shouldn't want that (and I'm saying this as a 6 year vet myself).

Personally I would have 100% skipped this round had I not seen the Umbra Forma.

The Devs said Nightchores was to replace Alerts but its makes no logical game play sense. Alerts could have been updated and still been a part of the game alongside Nightchores. One being steady progression and one being random. I still personally think Alerts were removed due to the more common use of bots. Now players need to get creds and play if only for an hour a week to get those potatoes where as before a bot would just ping you and you'd log in for 5 min then log out.

At the extreme veteran level Potatoes and Kuva aren't actually that useful either. Esp for the time investment compared siphons with a Booster + Kavat. I had a running gag going for 100 Orokin Reactors. Think I got halted at 90 since Nightwave as I'm obviously not going to buy a Reactor over Catalyst in spite of having 65 of those also.

The addition of Kuva wasn't bad by any means. I'm more saying the system is pretty flawed and unenjoyable making it actually worse than Baro repeat syndrome. The progression rewards should be more um... generic while increasing the cred rewards then putting these repeats in the shop for players who want them that way no one is wasting their time ranking up regardless of their status in the game. I'm not giddy over Kuva, Creds or Endo for a rank but it's better than repeats.

8 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

If you feel this way about it, you may be burned out. If the rewards are just repeats anyway, just take a break.

Lol I have been. Haven't really played in a year outside doing Nightchores for the 5 weeks? it takes to hit rank 30 for 1-2 hours a week.

Other than that I log in and out cuz 44 hours boosters are funny and I wana see if they go past 48 hours but yea. I'm an Endurance runner and now that it takes 3h+ Solo to test a build I've not much reason to play the game anymore. It's too much of a time investment for such a simple thing. I've mostly been playing Path of Exile and other games.

If anything my contempt for Warframe has only grown by playing Path of Exile and seeing how easily a Dev team 1/4 the size pumps out content. New mechanics, new items, new skills, class balances. Every 3 months on the dot and the season/league challenges are actual challenges unlike the participation trophies Warframe gives out.

I also prefer exclusivity when it comes to cosmetics. Items no. Everyone should get those at some point but Cosmetics?  ^&*% new players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Lol I have been. Haven't really played in a year outside doing Nightchores for the 5 weeks? it takes to hit rank 30 for 1-2 hours a week.

Other than that I log in and out cuz 44 hours boosters are funny and I wana see if they go past 48 hours but yea. I'm an Endurance runner and now that it takes 3h+ Solo to test a build I've not much reason to play the game anymore. It's too much of a time investment for such a simple thing. I've mostly been playing Path of Exile and other games.

If anything my contempt for Warframe has only grown by playing Path of Exile and seeing how easily a Dev team 1/4 the size pumps out content. New mechanics, new items, new skills, class balances. Every 3 months on the dot and the season/league challenges are actual challenges unlike the participation trophies Warframe gives out.

I also prefer exclusivity when it comes to cosmetics. Items no. Everyone should get those at some point but Cosmetics?  ^&*% new players.

I can strongly empathize with where you're coming from. I love PoE too, but I wish they would do what Warframe does and allow players to trade the premium currency. My biggest gripe between the two games is identical, though: They need an AH--a real one, not this 3rd party web site BS. "Barter" trade systems are the absolute worst and it pains me that two of the best games I can play both make the same enormous error. I haven't been playing PoE this season because the league didn't look so interesting and I had some catching up to do in WF anyway. I'll probably play in Dec when the next one hits. I might derp around in Standard before then, but I'm primarily a temp league player.

• Like 1