Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

75 Vitus Essence is Too Much, and We Have Too Much Power/Energy?

BL4CKN0ISE

On 2019-10-26 at 6:42 PM, BL4CKN0ISE said:
  • Nerfing the Catchmoon is a problem because apparently it's necessary for harder content.
  • 75 Vitus Essence is a problem because it's too hard to get.
  • We have too much energy and it makes the game too easy.
  • Melee will be dead if we can't hit enemies 20 meters away and keep CO and BR as they currently are.
  • Anything else?

This is the most confusing community. I was a new player at one point and Warframe was harder. I'm not a new player anymore, so I play harder content. Is that choice a struggle for certain players or something? Arbitrations doesn't take that long to get pretty challenging for a lot of frames. 

I read so many topics that seem to contradict each other and they're all popular. People hate power, but they hate nerfs. People want challenge, but they avoid harder modes. I know how this works. They're not always the exact same people, but sometimes they are. It's just fascinating. 

This is basically a pointless topic, but I guess my overall point is there's no easy answer for Warframe. Balancing, creating endgame content, new player experience, etc. This must be so difficult for DE. 😟

Edit: Just to be clear, the bullet points are just stuff I've been reading here the past few days/weeks. They're not my opinions. 

Im pretty sure CO change is a substantial buff actually.

I mean. These opinions seem contradictory, but it's because they're held mostly by different people. This is a community, after all, and it isn't monolithic. It's also fundamentally impossible to please the entire playerbase at the same time. 

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

Im pretty sure CO change is a substantial buff actually.

Most likely, yes. It's also probably going to be elevated to mandatory mod status, which isn't really a good thing. 

They really did go about trying to change it the wrong way. 

If I want challange, I do it in my loadout.

Wanna struggle to survive and to kill things? change your frame, weapons, unequip mods, create a new account. I create alt accounts to speedrun the game, challange myself with a no-mods-run into a mission or something like that, I'm always trying to find some neat interactions between  some underused mods and stuff like that.

But after 2 days playing that, I go back to the loadouts that will accomplish the mission as fast as possible. As a beginner, I was playing around 2~3h/day until my frustation and not being able to do something reaches the limit and get in bad mood for days, I got really invested once I got an atterax with maiming strike, even more when I got a Catchmoon.

Everyone is running around with the most OP gear they can.

NO ONE LIKES TO BE WEAK, IMPOTENT AND LEFT BEHIND.

Many players share the same experience, we crave for challange and yet, we all search for the most powerful and efficient gear to keep playing and farming all day.

So, why do we are going from a active and mobile gameplay style to the Inaros/IgnisWraith-I've-forgot-how-to-bullet-Jump-And-Glued-My-Finger-to-W-And-LeftMouse

18 minutes ago, __suko said:

If I want challange, I do it in my loadout.

Wanna struggle to survive and to kill things? change your frame, weapons, unequip mods, create a new account. I create alt accounts to speedrun the game, challange myself with a no-mods-run into a mission or something like that, I'm always trying to find some neat interactions between  some underused mods and stuff like that.

But after 2 days playing that, I go back to the loadouts that will accomplish the mission as fast as possible. As a beginner, I was playing around 2~3h/day until my frustation and not being able to do something reaches the limit and get in bad mood for days, I got really invested once I got an atterax with maiming strike, even more when I got a Catchmoon.

Everyone is running around with the most OP gear they can.

NO ONE LIKES TO BE WEAK, IMPOTENT AND LEFT BEHIND.

Many players share the same experience, we crave for challange and yet, we all search for the most powerful and efficient gear to keep playing and farming all day.

So, why do we are going from a active and mobile gameplay style to the Inaros/IgnisWraith-I've-forgot-how-to-bullet-Jump-And-Glued-My-Finger-to-W-And-LeftMouse

But you shouldn’t have to jump through all these hoops for a sense of challenge or difficulty in a game that’s been going on for years. DE should be competent enough in development to produce a challenge without a player doing all of this 

Are people still under the impression that you only get one Vitus every double-length rotation or something? Considering you're earning a Warframe 75 Vitus isn't that much since you not only get it with each rotation, but it's also a not-particularly rare drop from Drones and also packs of 3 are a rotation reward. They're not expecting to just hand you Grendel after you spend just half an hour in Arbitrations.

On 2019-10-26 at 10:06 PM, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

All this stuff is happening on probably every game 5 years or older.

When you're a vet in the beginning, you actually learn how to play and not just pew pew. You're completely aware of the potential you can reach with all kinds of tactics and different setups and loadouts. 

Then your game becomes more popular, and the game has to cater to the influx of new players. Everyone doesn't have time to be hardcore. So the things you slaved over are given away much easier, and you can totally tell some guy is new and is just parroting a meta build.

They can have the same setup as you, but they die a lot or mess up fight mechanics etc.

Things get nerfed, and the casuals throw a fit because they relied on it. 

......but anyone with real confidence and skill knows they never needed the meta. You were just messing around. You can go back to any loadout or setup you want, and watch everyone else scramble to youtube and twitch to find something else lol.

As someone who has done 99% of the game as MAG, and even in some of her worst states, while still carrying, yeah, this.

15 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

I mean. These opinions seem contradictory, but it's because they're held mostly by different people. This is a community, after all, and it isn't monolithic. It's also fundamentally impossible to please the entire playerbase at the same time. 

Most likely, yes. It's also probably going to be elevated to mandatory mod status, which isn't really a good thing. 

They really did go about trying to change it the wrong way. 

holy crap i ran the numbers and 3 status effects with the damage boost is equivalent to having roughly 5 status effects on the old version. almost 11x damage

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

i love my umbra excal electric finisher build just like this guy loves his mag.

Between MAG and MAG Prime I have at minimum 40% of my total play time on them. I have used other frames lately, but mostly since I need them to carry friends through a handful of levels. By 99% of the game, I do mean all content types. Popping those ships on the plains is something most people appreciate.

Edited by Cerebrum123
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

holy crap i ran the numbers and 3 status effects with the damage boost is equivalent to having roughly 5 status effects on the old version. almost 11x damage

Yeah, and 3 status effects is absurdly easy to achieve. My MOA alone can do 3, to say nothing of almost every gun I have. 

It's probably even more OP than it was before in the grand scheme of things, while also being a lot easier to use. 

9 hours ago, Zandermanith222 said:

Are people still under the impression that you only get one Vitus every double-length rotation or something? Considering you're earning a Warframe 75 Vitus isn't that much since you not only get it with each rotation, but it's also a not-particularly rare drop from Drones and also packs of 3 are a rotation reward. They're not expecting to just hand you Grendel after you spend just half an hour in Arbitrations.

on console you still do

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

Yeah, and 3 status effects is absurdly easy to achieve. My MOA alone can do 3, to say nothing of almost every gun I have. 

It's probably even more OP than it was before in the grand scheme of things, while also being a lot easier to use. 

blood rush and condition overload builds were relatively close in power depending on the weapons used but now the gap is bigger than the grand canyon.

Edit: I could be wrong though, Id need to see the formulas for blood rush after the update.

32 minutes ago, Cerebrum123 said:

Between MAG and MAG Prime I have at minimum 40% of my total play time on them. I have used other frames lately, but mostly since I need them to carry friends through a handful of levels. By 99% of the game, I do mean all content types. Popping those ships on the plains is something most people appreciate.

I use to use nova before her MP change. I never cared for the concept of being OP i just liked what I liked. I didn't really like her after that change and i dropped her completely after the antimatter drop change. I moved on to excal then umbra but of course you can't go 2 secs as a umbra main without someone ridiculing you. Too much elitist attitude in this game, as if people forgot the word "Fun"

Edited by (PS4)Keiji_Haku

Pong doesn't share these kinds of identity crisis, because unlike Warframe, it had a goal in mind.
Games used to be purely entertainment. We're lucky in today's market if we can purchase or install a form of entertainment, that's not just a themed online store. Anyway, back to The Outer Worlds until the next Warframe update, then I'll come back and do some unpaid QA for the console community.

Edited by Morthal

26 minutes ago, Morthal said:

Pong doesn't share these kinds of identity crisis, because unlike Warframe, it had a goal in mind.
Games used to be purely entertainment. We're lucky in today's market if we can purchase or install a form of entertainment, that's not just a themed online store. Anyway, back to The Outer Worlds until the next Warframe update, then I'll come back and do some unpaid QA for the console community.

Took me a while but i figured out whh i dont like outer worlds. I think its too safe of a game. Im more interested in cyberpunk now

Wait....PC got an arby's update and we didnt? 

I just started doing arbitrations and I spent a lot of time in 1 run for like 4 vitus.

I mean it's not a huge deal cause all I wanted was the amber BP but I still need vitus to use that lol.

Edited by (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu
Auto correct bs

34 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I just started doing arbitrations and I spent a lot of time in 1 run for like 4 vitus.

I mean it's not a huge deal cause all I wanted was the amber BP but I still need vitus to use that lol.

Sadly i do not try to track every hotfix so i only really see about 3 or something hotfixes since the Atlas drop, so i would likely need to do some digging to figure out what is going on with this.

Though honestly between drones, the death mechanic and the enemies starting at a much higher level, i feel that D.E. needs to just have arbitations work with regular rotations, since loads of missions like defense/survival/etc. are more of a pain in the arse to farm with this 10 wave/minute rotation bit and disruption seems to still be on a 4 conduit per rotation reward still. Seriously, stacking difficulty mechanics will drastically make things more troublesome, and just because you added a less then 10% chance for drones to drop vitus essence and a 7% or something chance (NO DANG SCALE UP AT ALL WITH HIGHER ROTATIONS!!!!) for a rotation to magically give you a vitus essence packet instead, should of been 15% honestly at the very least.

This is kind of why i was beyond salty on the 25 vitus essence `PER KEY` for grendel parts, because even if i can key share with others, i would rather have a stock of 75 so i can cover all my bases. Since we all know, there will be some TROLLING hosts who will purposely leave mid-way to screw with up to 3 other players who were intended to key share. Just has to be a few to start that riot fest people. Because we do not have any nice flexibility with arbitation(namely how the weapon/warframe bonus will likely land on frames that have ZERO use for power strength or would be insanely useless for the game modes, on top of being innately squishie even with the magical trinity combo to make any warframe into a semi-tank, even freaking Loki), despite the crappy rewards that only it serves as a endo farm more then the vitus essence and absurdly low drop rate mods that we cant even buy with vitus essence if we constantly get screwed over and only get endo & statues, yeah...

Anyway, thankfully i have not had to care much on amber stars, except whenever that stupid slotting statue crap shows up that is still present in nightwave, but thats just me being greedy for required resource type challenges needing to be minimized or removed.

Small P.S: Think i found what might of have not come to console yet:

I`ll need to double check later today, to confirm if part of the update was even rolled out, which i could confirm if the aura/arcane mods that the update was suppose to roll out are even present. Someone can feel free to double check for me, but likely since i was too focused on Atlas prime that i did not really think about it as much, till i noticed the arbie missions still were under a 10 round bit. Though note wise in the PS4 section: Seems like we did not get 25.7.5 hotfix either.

Edited by Avienas

27 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yea apparently that update just got overlooked. Would be nice to have

1 hour ago, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

Took me a while but i figured out whh i dont like outer worlds. I think its too safe of a game. Im more interested in cyberpunk now

Oh fore sure! Cyberpunk will be my final PC game and hopefully my old gpu lives to see it's release. The entire industry has mutated into a colony of entitled wallet eating leeches, but that's just what I think.