Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moframe of Mind Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

Removed my entry, as I came to the conclusion that it was not the most respectful way to portray moustaches in Movember (fake moustaches as disguises). While not of gender that is expected to grow moustache, mental health is a real deal of me, and I should do better than use the contest topic in this kind of joking way, even if the joke itself isn't mean-spirited. I will not make another entry as I used my chance already.

Edited by NuttyNuti
Entry removal, reason stated in the post.
  • Like 1

This is a kick in the teeth and a half!!

"Movember" is a movement to make room for talks and discussion about male depression and anxciety.

I myself have been severely depressed at times and when i started to hear about Movember thru Sergio Perez i too started growing my moustache, as part of the Movember movement.

https://nl.movember.com/

My moustache is coming along fine, thanks for asking... Just do me this one favor, dont try and piggy back ride on this subject just because you thought it sounded funny.

"Prime Parts, Spectres, Archguns, it's yours my friend; as long as you have enough credits!"

Warframe0001.jpg

Edited by BLT185
Took so many tries to get the image into a format where it would appear here, including posting it on imgur and the like

TL;DR I wear my stache here and IRL in memory and celebration of my ancestors

dNwwGuP.jpg

Spoiler

I started growing my mustache 4 years ago, for a few reasons. I wanted to see if I could, I was participating in Movember that year, and it was in memory of my Uncle who had passed away from his second round with lymphoma. The guy had a glorious broomhandle mustache and played in bluegrass bands all across the backwoods of Pennsylvania. His version of Last Train to Poor Valley made you want to weep. I started to do some genealogical digging and apparently my ancestry has a long history of glorious mustaches. These four years, my stache has become part of my identity. When I was at GDC and I followed up with folk afterwards, I had to remind them "I was the guy with the mustache." They never forget the mustache. Yeah, I guess it's goofy to talk about my passed Uncle in a game forum, but here it is I guess. Here's to you Uncle.

PS. I sure hope I get to keep this stache as an attachment DE, can't tell you how these curly handlebars thrill me, it's like looking at a photo of myself. 

Edited by Operator_Papa
finally figured out the blasted image code thing

A 'stache stands out in battle -- or mustached metal man -- or Metal Mario Alter

ccVGBgR.jpg?1

When you've got a mustache, you're not just "that guy"; you are "that guy with the mustache".  As it turns out, mustaches are really noticeable with Iron Skin on.  Even if I get nothing out of this, at least I've advanced the Rhino fashion meta.

Edited by PieExplosion