Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, DE Indirectly Nerfed Mirage With the New Update.

Gawizard

Wow that's nuts. I had no clue heat procs worked for light I wish I knew that when it worked.

It would also be cool IF MIRAGE COULD JUST CHOOSE HER BUFFS *cough cough* OR HAVE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME *cough cough*
I don't really care how good people think her explosive legerdemain build is, that girl needs help.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DeliciousDoob69 said:

Wow that's nuts. I had no clue heat procs worked for light I wish I knew that when it worked.

It would also be cool IF MIRAGE COULD JUST CHOOSE HER BUFFS *cough cough* OR HAVE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME *cough cough*
I don't really care how good people think her explosive legerdemain build is, that girl needs help.

Both buffs at the same time makes her just as  braindead easy as chroma imo

51 minutes ago, Gawizard said:

Both buffs at the same time makes her just as  braindead easy as chroma imo

Chroma is practical, though. He's not very well designed or interesting to play, but he's undeniably useful. Mirage just gets gradually worse every few months. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)shadowsurfer6 said:

It's be nice if you could just pick the buff instead of self damaging. But hey, I just play mirage for fun occasionally.

I still hold the opinion that Mirage skills should default always do shadow effect and then apply the light effect in addition/ontop if she is in light or if she has her 4 out+blind duration of it after.

26 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

I still hold the opinion that Mirage skills should default always do shadow effect and then apply the light effect in addition/ontop if she is in light or if she has her 4 out+blind duration of it after.

honestly to make her buffs more consistent, id like if you can manually over ride her 3 so you can gain either DR buff or dmg buff at will but the effects of the buffs to be lowered than if you were to be in full light / darkness. Also if you've played mirage, her 4 is dookie, complete poop, would  want that replaced with something i can actually use and feel its impact.

Edited by Gawizard

22 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

Chroma is practical, though. He's not very well designed or interesting to play, but he's undeniably useful. Mirage just gets gradually worse every few months. 

This. Mirage's age is really showing at this point, she shouldn't need any gimmicks to stand on her own. At this point almost every frame is getting reworked with damage mitigation and all our new frames have damage mitigation. That fact that she has to chose between doing damage and surviving is just a weaker option than picking a lot of other frames. Also don't even get me started or how her buffs actually fluctuate based on realtime light and darkness levels her buff percentage shown by the UI is a complete lie. If if those reading don't believe me this can be easily tested in the simulacrum.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-02 at 10:36 PM, DeliciousDoob69 said:

This. Mirage's age is really showing at this point, she shouldn't need any gimmicks to stand on her own. At this point almost every frame is getting reworked with damage mitigation and all our new frames have damage mitigation. That fact that she has to chose between doing damage and surviving is just a weaker option than picking a lot of other frames. Also don't even get me started or how her buffs actually fluctuate based on realtime light and darkness levels her buff percentage shown by the UI is a complete lie. If if those reading don't believe me this can be easily tested in the simulacrum.

its sorta fair to have either one or the other. Her dmg buff applies after all mods, being able to put out dmg that overtakes chroma's with ease while tanking a metric poopload makes her not a glass cannon but yet another dps frame with DR. Honestly what she needs for survivability is evasion while moving, at higher levels, a hyekka master will flickshot his napalm nade at you while youre bullet jumping / wall dashing. I also want to see the evasion mechanic reworked so it just a chance to ignore dmg on hit. Would also Buff titania too.
Does she need a makeover (ability wise) yes, do they have to be completely different? No, her kit is pretty great as is. 3/4 of her abilities work and 1/4 of them work correctly

I don't think the heat proc thing was intentional but it's hardly like Mirage hasn't suffered over the years.

Lighting rework which destroyed her buffs, limiting clones that shoot reducing her status output and of course line of sight on Blind which was the kicker to removing her from being good at anything but damage. I still remember when I came back to the game Mirage was like the only good frame they'd made since I had quit.

Her new 2nd ability wouldn't be bad if not for how it interacts with clones and enemies. Her 4th ability would be fine if it had considerably faster cast time. Changing the way her buff interacts with light or toggle would fix her damage / defense. If they only actually tried then she could be salvaged as a DPS / CC frame.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...