Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey guys Remember Zephyr? Fashion+kit problems

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

48 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Titania already sits upon that throne.

idk about you but max duration zephyr is almost close to the real life fastest bird and animal on the planet

i saw your titania video but i still feel like zephyr is brokenly faster....to an unnecessary limit

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

idk about you but max duration zephyr is almost close to the real life fastest bird and animal on the planet

i saw your titania video but i still feel like zephyr is brokenly faster....to an unnecessary limit

Want me to try and make a video comparison?

EDIT: No point, just compare the video to other High duration zephyr builds on YouTube, not even close to Titiania.

Edited by Raqiya

7 минут назад, Raqiya сказал:

Want me to try and make a video comparison?

A video about wasting a ton of mana for a 20 seconds speed boost Vs uh... just tapping one button and zip out in the sky, I assume.

Anyway, that comparison could be valid if there were similar skill mechanics, like Volt vs Goss, but not in this case.

Just now, Miyabi-sama said:

A video about wasting a ton of mana for a 20 seconds speed boost Vs uh... just tapping one button and zip out in the sky, I assume.

Anyway, that comparison could be valid if there were similar skill mechanics, like Volt vs Goss, but not in this case.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just a speed junkie. I often have speed conversations with Hopper on this forum and in this case it was a discussion on flat out who's faster.

6 минут назад, Raqiya сказал:

Don't get me wrong, I'm just a speed junkie. I often have speed conversations with Hopper on this forum and in this case it was a discussion on flat out who's faster.

I mean Titania not only junked Zeph's uniqueness as flying frame, but also doing it better. Or at least did until openworld was introduced.

Funny stuff, I was always trashing her inertia boost, but started enjoying it as it contributes to the feeling of flight.

8 hours ago, Caelward said:

He remains the most positive of the old debaters.

Seasonal Affective Disorder is a *@##$... But! Here I am!

Let's get started with the OP's post:

1. Her animations are outdated 

Her animations are definitely outdated, two of them (at least) are actively counter productive. The Hover is the greatest offender because it is actively counter to what you do as Zephyr, and what you do as a Warframe; you stand still for up to three seconds and do absolutely. nothing. Nobody in the game does this. The only frame that does something even close to this is Mesa when she's waiting for a new enemy to run into range, and even then there's ways around that.

The Hover needs, absolutely needs, to be an active cast that we can use while mobile and as a tool for further mobility. Let us cast it in the air, to lock ourselves in place, as an air-brake or just as a place to be safe as we re-aim to go somewhere else. Let it be a mobile animation on the ground, letting us re-position ourselves before use to ensure we get the most out of it.

And most importantly make it do something. Mechanical effects are king in Warframe, that's what makes scaling, that's what makes reliability, mechanical effects. You're up in the air, hovering, great! Why? What are you doing up there than you couldn't be doing elsewhere? Does it come with any sort of bonus? No. Does it come with any sort of synergy? No. Does it do anything other than change you from 'staying still on the ground' to 'staying still in the air'? No.

The next offender is Tailwind. The animation was recently given a cancel; if you hit a wall, it cancels the animation. This is a single, solitary, miniscule step in the right direction because unless you do actually hit an object or wall, nothing happens. You are in the animation for the entire duration and accelerating through it until you have all that momentum that you cannot use. You can't start a reload, you can't even aim your Tailwind a little despite her having more aerial steering than Gauss has literal steering while using his own 1 ability. Removing that animation entirely would allow us to do a number of things, such as cast an in-air Hover, slow with back-roll, steer with our innate in-air steering, make curved paths through the air like an actual air caster instead of a nerf dart.

Forget 'outdated', at least two of her animations need to go entirely. Then the rest can be updated.

2. her supposedly upcoming deluxe that was confirmed 3 or 4 devstreams ago is very boring 

I actually like her Deluxe, a little. But I like it only as much as I liked it when it was announced. There's been no improvement, the design released in June 2015 has had a direct render in the engine, there has been now four years between the release and the in-game, and not a single change seems to have been made. The in-game render makes it more detailed, but there's literally nothing else going for it.

The one thing I'm excited about, just the one thing, is that Deluxe has a Deluxe Effect shown for it on the originals, and that Effect is potentially gorgeous energy wings that appear under certain circumstances. Zephyr Prime has extendo-feathers on her arms for when she's in-air, maybe Zephyr Deluxe gets glowing energy wings. Or maybe only when she casts. I am looking forward to the results.

3. Her kit still lacks behind the amazing kit designs of new and reworked warframes 

I can spend hours talking about the kit, too.

Thing is, there's a short version:

Tailwind's animation needs to go. The modding needs adjusting so we don't use Duration for the Dash, but instead can use a combo of Range and Strength, so changing those up for our different builds gives us different results (high range, no strength for Turbulence gives us an Operator dash while neutral range and higher strength for Jet Stream gives us bounding low-gravity leaps, and variants in between).

Hover needs to be mobile and needs to provide some kind of mechanical change to her kit, even something as simple as making Airburst travel faster while you're up there, the mobile cast also means we can give it an actual Duration instead of this arbitrary 'as much as you charge it' duration.

Dive Bomb has done its time, it can be laid to rest. Give her Dive Bomb as a very weak second Passive, allowing her to use a very, very weak Melee Ground Slam (with custom animation) when she doesn't have a Melee equipped, and add custom animations to the Melee Ground Slam when she does. It doesn't need to deal damage, but a radial knock-down and a quick 'get me down from here' function in her Passive is something that everyone can see would improve her.

Airburst needs to travel faster and have a mechanical effect other than the Ragdoll. Ragdoll is better than nothing, but it's objectively the worst CC in the game. We have now seen that the Lift mechanic that DE have crammed into the Melee system is actually pretty good CC (even if it's annoying for actual Melee, don't jump down my throat there guys). Let's have that instead of Ragdoll.

And Tornado only needs some behavioural changes to be a very useful CC ability; limit the range that it can go away from the casting point. This will give us a reliable area that it travels around (by giving it a fixed range we negate the meme builds of negative Range that will make it all spawn around a Pod and never move) and by limiting it to that range, we can buff it in other ways. Buffs include increasing its travel speed and making it spawn at the location of cast, not on enemies around us, which will allow us to clear areas with effective CC and then sustain that by having the funnels move outwards to seek more targets to the limit of their cast.

Combine this with actual updates, such as giving the Airburst/Tornado synergy an actual effect. I don't care if that effect is a mechanical effect or not, growing taller is not an effect that does anything at all. It can be something as simple as 'hit a funnel with Airburst and it holds enemies more reliably for the duration' it doesn't really have to be complex. Just... something.

And yes, that's the short version.

I'm contributing!

Yay? ^^;;

Her 1's dash should remain (probably as what happens when you bullet jump in hover mode) and just put you into wallgrab when you strike a wall with the dash and return full control to you while allowing you to launch again with your 1 for no/greatly reduced casting cost. Hover stinks, Birbframe_Prime above covers everything there is to say otherwise. Divebomb should remain as a melee lift skill with a mild vacuum effect.

Airburst should be a skill that gives her a reason to get in close with enemies, imo. Something that makes her risk close combat. Maybe it could make short-range wind lashes come off of enemies to strike surrounding foes when they're struck in melee.

The better her flying capability the more Turbulence is gonna need to be nerfed to compensate. As it is, it's already trivial to play keep away to the point of never being in any sort of danger.