Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun Sugatras?

JacobLazer

So the cute little ornament on the Kuva Chakkhurr has got me thinking, if this gun can have a little dangly thing on it, why can't others?  I think it would be fun if we could put sugatras on primary and secondary weapons (guns, bows, spearguns, throwing knives).  I see no reason why not.  and if that can't happen, then I would love to have the Chakkhurr ornament as a melee sugatra.  What do y'all think?

chakkhurr-sugatra.png

Edited by JacobLazer
small addition
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

When would you ever see them outside the exact moment you took the screenshot?

The same could be said for sugatras on melee weapons.  You probably wouldn't even notice them during combat.

Although with gun sugatras you would probably get a good look at them when you aim.

• Like 2

would they be called.. SuGUNtras? :)

this exists in Borderlands 3, where they are called Trinkets, but they work because Borderlands is in First-person, so you can always see your weapon closely, in Warframe it would be hard to see, kind of like with our Sugatras anyway, but, more customization isn't a bad thing, and some people may want a more personal touch on their favourite weapons.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

would they be called.. SuGUNtras? 🙂

this exists in Borderlands 3, where they are called Trinkets, but they work because Borderlands is in First-person, so you can always see your weapon closely, in Warframe it would be hard to see, kind of like with our Sugatras anyway, but, more customization isn't a bad thing, and some people may want a more personal touch on their favourite weapons.

I thought the same thing when I first found out about melee sugatras, you really don't see them at all during combat since we're seeing everything in first person, not to mention once you factor in mods like Primed Fury and Berserker it's impossible to get a visual on them.   But boy do they look good when I'm showing off at Maroo's.

3 hours ago, JacobLazer said:

You probably wouldn't even notice them during combat.

You swing the weapons, spin around, hold the handles up to guard. There are many instances where you can see the sugatra.

That being said, if you really think you can't see them on melee weapons, then that is not a reason to add them to guns.

3 hours ago, JacobLazer said:

Although with gun sugatras you would probably get a good look at them when you aim.

What part of the gun do you aim with?

29 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

What part of the gun do you aim with?

When you aim with most weapons the camera zooms in not only on the target but also (indirectly) on your warframe, so you'd probably get a better view of any primary or secondary sugatras while aiming.

Edited by JacobLazer
typo

• 3 weeks later...

I would really like that personally. They would be useless but it would be some nice detail. I think it would be cool if they were more like the links on zaws, showing if there was an exodia installed on it. I do however think we need holster customization for fire arms, I want that more.

• Like 1