Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetic damage

Demotros

It's looking more and more like magnetic is getting left behind. Any considerations of adding additional use to it? Chance of disarming enemies, causing guns to misfire, or short instance of the new lifted status? Any one of those could be useful in making melee an option to typical gun or ability focused play.

7 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Someone suggested swapping magnetic and void status procs, which...would be an interesting thing to do admittedly.

I saw that post. I like the idea of giving Magnetic the bullet attractor, but I'm not sure the shield reduction would be useful for Void. Honestly, as it stands it would hurt to just let Magnetic have both...even if the shield works on Corpus and the attractor only works on enemies with armor, it would still be an upgrade. Lol

8 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Magnetic is definitely the damage type that needs updating. Probably more than IPS which was a planned change.

As it stands right now, Magnetic is an "anti-player" proc and serves very little in the way of being useful against enemies.

Agreed.

And...is IPS even still being changed? I haven't seen any mention of it since it was scrapped on Khora like a year and a half ago. It's still needed though...

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I saw that post. I like the idea of giving Magnetic the bullet attractor, but I'm not sure the shield reduction would be useful for Void. Honestly, as it stands it would hurt to just let Magnetic have both...even if the shield works on Corpus and the attractor only works on enemies with armor, it would still be an upgrade. Lol

Agreed.

And...is IPS even still being changed? I haven't seen any mention of it since it was scrapped on Khora like a year and a half ago. It's still needed though...

They scrapped the planned changes and went back to the drawing board. It's...best if DE tackles the system as a whole, not just damage types but the way armor and shields work as well. I mean, shields as they are...are not an alternative to Armor, they are a vastly inferior method of defense.

11 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

They scrapped the planned changes and went back to the drawing board. It's...best if DE tackles the system as a whole, not just damage types but the way armor and shields work as well. I mean, shields as they are...are not an alternative to Armor, they are a vastly inferior method of defense.

Yeah, back at that time I mentioned that all damage types and defenses and scaling needed to be reworked together with every piece in mind. Each rework of pieces without a greater plan in the works is only a bandaid that will need to be replaced again afterwards. 

aside from the classic Bullet Attractor change, if Magnetic Status on Enemies say, also halted Shield Regen for 5 seconds or so - ala Shields cannot increase by any means whatsoever whether it be Shield Drone, special Ability, natural Regen, nothing - that could also prove to be useful.

ofcourse, Magnetic would have to wait for Shields to be more significant on Enemies, via them being more difficult to dispatch with than currently which is not very difficult since they have the lowest Level scaling of any EHP related factor on Enemies.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

but I'm not sure the shield reduction would be useful for Void.

it wouldn't, but at the same time, Void Status is likely to always be useless so i guess it wouldn't be the end of the world.
pretty much the only thing that would be useful for Void Status would be either freezing the Enemy, or violently ragdolling them. anything else, preeeety much useless.

but Magnetic having a Bullet Attractor, could be useful. that is, as long as the Bullet Attractor would actually affect Enemies.

Weapon & robotics jamming would be nice, not least since then Counter Pulse would basically just force a Magnetic proc.
Like, imagine that for a moment, Mag causing Mag procs. What a wild world that would be.

[I'd also prefer weapon jamming on the Tenno side instead of that super-fun Energy loss.
Hek, then it'd even make sense why Infested would want to cause Mag procs,
seeing how they want their enemies in Melee range instead of being able to shoot at them from afar.]

Failing that, Magnetic procs creating a radial (ragdolling) pull effect would be quite alright as well,
then it'd be useful as a CC tool and would combo excellently with Gas.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it wouldn't, but at the same time, Void Status is likely to always be useless so i guess it wouldn't be the end of the world.
pretty much the only thing that would be useful for Void Status would be either freezing the Enemy, or violently ragdolling them. anything else, preeeety much useless.

but Magnetic having a Bullet Attractor, could be useful. that is, as long as the Bullet Attractor would actually affect Enemies.

True. Honestly, I'm surprised Void damage isn't more deadly, considering the lore suggests it's literally deadly to basically everything except us. It could have a modified version of a viral/toxic proc that doesn't actually deal damage but just lowers the targets max health every second it ticks.

19 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I'd also prefer weapon jamming on the Tenno side instead of that super-fun Energy loss.

i'm pretty happy that Magnetic has a Duration now, instead of just vaporizing Energy on hit, doing a DoT to our Energy.
because that lets me dab on everyone as i cancel Magnetic Status with Molt, while everyone else feels the pain of wishing they could dispel Status meanwhile as they say being able to dispel Status isn't a useful tool :^)

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

True. Honestly, I'm surprised Void damage isn't more deadly, considering the lore suggests it's literally deadly to basically everything except us. It could have a modified version of a viral/toxic proc that doesn't actually deal damage but just lowers the targets max health every second it ticks.

i thought about Void Status making Enemies more vulnerable to Void Damage, but then it would be competing against Crits on Amps, and whichever one averages more Damage would then be the only thing worth using and the other of the two would be useless.
i don't want to get into that lose-lose situation.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Honestly, I'm surprised Void damage isn't more deadly, considering the lore suggests it's literally deadly to basically everything except us.

Lore-wise, madness would be more appropriate. Combine rad proc effect with disarm, or repurpose fire's panic mechanic combined with damage pulses in a short radius.