Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 pixie sized Titania nerfs happened

Andele3025

13 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

How??? we can't even do loops or himmelmans with these new controls?!

Just did an exstensive session on cetus with itzal and titania and it was crap, with skywing if you try to loop, as you should be able to with the current setup, you stop facing the "ceiling" and can't complete the turn, dodging doesn't work as well because you only gain few meters on one side or the other, basically being a sitting duck for all homing weapons, new blink tends to activate when you don't want it.

All changes so far seem extremely undesiderable.

i dont care about tricks this isnt a flight game. i care about effectively hitting my targets with tight movement.

Just now, EinheriarJudith said:

i dont care about tricks this isnt a flight game. i care about effectively hitting my targets with tight movement.

That Titania had no problem before, now instead you can only fire and attack in the direction you're flying, boost accidentally when you don't want to etc.

If you believe this is an improvement...

Just now, Ikusias said:

That Titania had no problem before, now instead you can only fire and attack in the direction you're flying, boost accidentally when you don't want to etc.

If you believe this is an improvement...

boost accidentally? this does not happen to me. i did not find her movement previously to this tight or snappy.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

boost accidentally? this does not happen to me. i did not find her movement previously to this tight or snappy.

It was this snappy, you just had to know that she used some weird amagamation of AW controls and normal movement and abuse it as such (aka using up movement for additional speed and do half strafes to stop or the barrel rolls, which you no longer need to use), technically she became slightly more "floaty feeling" due to now using AW turn rate and new camera positioning, but that of no practical impact unlike inability to move in one direction while shooting where you aim with the camera. However i too dont know how one could ever accidentally boost with new controls (especially since aiming damn turns it off).

5 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

How??? we can't even do loops or himmelmans with these new controls?!

Guess I'm also part of the minority. (I miss doing loops, btw ) But if the death of stored momentum means I no longer have to run into a door that is refusing to open because the host lives in pluto, I don't mind.

@Ikusias From your memory, have a closer look on the razorwing model, and compare it property-wise with the old one. "Afterburner" and "Sprint" are two different properties

Titania is able to use Afterburner after this update, making her abnormally fast (previously, you couldn't use afterburner on Titania because then it needed shift+space+w, where this would make titania sprint upwards instead of afterburner) now, you can, as afterburner is triggered by w + shift only. The 15-20 degree lift angle is more likely due to the previous 45 degree angle would zoom you into the ceiling, as well as making players nauseous, especially since the camera is closer to Titania now (archwing flight model)

What actually is happening, is the lack of sprint. Titania is no longer able to sprint. Its either strafe or afterburner. Nowhere in between. This is what makes her feel weird to use.

Suggestions:

>If air sprint could be reintroduced to Titania, it can help by returning the original 45 degree vertical movement. Only when you use afterburner, is when the vertical movement will be 15-20 degrees instead.

>If afterburner is on a separate key-bind, it can help by giving us the option to not be on steroids, and then we can use the old model, while having the new one as an option via the key bind

2 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

It was this snappy, you just had to know that she used some weird amagamation of AW controls and normal movement and abuse it as such (aka using up movement for additional speed and do half strafes to stop or the barrel rolls, which you no longer need to use), technically she became slightly more "floaty feeling" due to now using AW turn rate and new camera positioning, but that of no practical impact unlike inability to move in one direction while shooting where you aim with the camera. However i too dont know how one could ever accidentally boost with new controls (especially since aiming damn turns it off).

she feels like an attack heli to me now lol that strafe shooting is bliss imo.

• Like 1

And that explains my issue: got her boosting as DE removed her dash? under razorwing blitz it feels very inconsistant, at times smearing my frame over the landscapa at others being barely faster that regular flyght.

Still she feels much less controllable in tight spaces than before.

Dex Pixia also lost fire rate and precision apparently

Still sore also about needing to go operator for any and all [X] interaction...

Barely justifiable by lore due to Titania being farmable only after unlocking the second dream.

But for a frame that needs to farm resources from most of the solar system and to forma both frame and two weapons (currently at 7 formas overall) DE effort is still mediocre

1 minute ago, Ikusias said:

Dex Pixia also lost fire rate and precision apparently

This is a visual bug, or at least, It is in my end. The sound got bugged where it won't play if in accordance to the fire rate. Accuracy seems mostly the same. Didn't notice anything different in accuracy since everything gets oneshot anyway though.

1 minute ago, Ikusias said:

tested in closed tiles or on open world maps?

Both. I saw Dex Pixia killing enemies even though it didn't look/sound like it was firing. (invisible bullets pretty much.) Can confirm that clients were able to see me fire continuously (tested with a clanmate) even though it seemed like I wasn't in my end.

51 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Entirely DE patch note issues because unlike on stream where they properly explained that normal forward = w, just shift = sprint forward as if you held direction and sprint on normal frame/old forward and sprint and w+shift aka old only sprint = afterburner. Which actually is a soft fix to the issue that before afterburner and up were the same keybind.
Instead they posted "Now, holding Shift to Sprint and W will trigger the Afterburner once you get some momentum going." which if you go from old controls to new doesnt explain anything other than you dont have to hold spacebar anymore until one tests each keybind individually.

Tho as said, sprint being forward with at best some 25~ish degree influence from other directions instead of other directions overriding the forward movement by at least half is the big "feels bad part" (and ofc unable to boost/afterburner while aiming).

Nope, this isn't the same as the patch notes...

I start in full warframe, I'm running (I use the setting to not have to hold sprint) and I switch to pixie.  Next thing I know I'm zooming off at max speed and am half way across a map/room before I'm able to press shift again to turn it off.   Essentially it's an issue that OLD archwing controls had on PoE etc and got fixed a while ago, never had it with titania until now because titania always used to start without sprint activated. 

I also can't stop with sprint active, it just keeps flying even if I let go of all keys.... which is definitely not the DE patch note issue mentioned.

3 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

lack of inertia also is umpleasant as Hek - now she flights like a brick

eh... if it means I no longer have to ram into a door that is refusing to open because of lag, then I don't mind this particular bit.

Dodging bombard rockets are a hell lot easier though.

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I also can't stop with sprint active, it just keeps flying even if I let go of all keys.... which is definitely not the DE patch note issue mentioned.

That is known as the choice of using toggle sprint/personal issue, unlike her being unable to aim/shoot in one direction while moving in another (that isnt backwards) at near max speed which she could before.

I'm practicing with her as we speack... overall there's something unpleasant in how she responds that I can't exactly explain.

Boosting and bracking to counter inertia felt much more natural than how she responds now to imputs...

Dex Pixia rate of fire and spread seems so far as others remarked more of a graphic issue than anything

27 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

That is known as the choice of using toggle sprint/personal issue, unlike her being unable to aim/shoot in one direction while moving in another (that isnt backwards) at near max speed which she could before.

um... no it's not....

Non sprint, it stops, sprint button active it carries on without any keys being pressed.... it doesn't do that in archwing which this is supposedly based off of. 

45 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Switch it to hold sprint and test again. I think the game is carrying  over your movement state.

Even if that fixes the issue for titania in pixie mode all that is really doing is removing it from normal play as a warframe.... and well I shouldn't need to remove something that used to work fine to fix something that wasn't an issue until this update.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Non sprint, it stops, sprint button active it carries on without any keys being pressed.... it doesn't do that in archwing which this is supposedly based off of. 

I think there is a reason for that.

In one of my previous posts with @Ikusias, I mentioned that Titania can no longer sprint. Only Strafe or afterburner.

Well, I've been testing in the simulacrum, and apparently, Titania CAN sprint, but only if you hold the shift key. It switches to afterburner if you hold W with shift.

Problem: Sprint is ever so slightly slower than afterburner, That I may just be having a placebo (I need to someone to confirm), and once you are in afterburner, the game doesn't let you get out of it (you can hear the afterburner sfx playing), even after you release w and just holding shift. This seems to be a bug, as this does not happen with archwing as archwing always able to afterburn before update (They were made in specification to afterburn, but not Titania). Now the afterburner in Titania is colliding on her sprint function, making her abnormally fast and/or inconsistent.

If this is the cause for this bug, and DE should be able to fix it via fixing archwing's afterburn, since it is based of it (probably a child class). The fix should be inherited in. Though we can only wait if DE ever fixes archwing.

6 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

In one of my previous posts with @Ikusias, I mentioned that Titania can no longer sprint. Only Strafe or afterburner.

Well, I've been testing in the simulacrum, and apparently, Titania CAN sprint, but only if you hold the shift key. It switches to afterburner if you hold W with shift.

Yes, as i explained it on page 1: "Entirely DE patch note issues because unlike on stream where they properly explained that normal forward = w, just shift = sprint forward as if you held direction and sprint on normal frame/old forward and sprint and w+shift aka old only sprint = afterburner. Which actually is a soft fix to the issue that before afterburner and up were the same keybind."

6 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

If this is the cause for this bug, and DE should be able to fix it via fixing archwing's afterburn, since it is based of it (probably a child class). The fix should be inherited in. Though we can only wait if DE ever fixes archwing.

It seems that there is indeed a bug if you go from afterburner>sprint it keeps you in afterburner until you release sprint (not sure how you could trigger it in normal gameplay/out of testing tho because you tend to only have a reason to either afterburner or normal move), but going afterburner>forward movement when you need to not rush past works as intended/without issues, a issue shared by both AW and titania.

33 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Problem: Sprint is ever so slightly slower than afterburner, That I may just be having a placebo (I need to someone to confirm), and once you are in afterburner, the game doesn't let you get out of it (you can hear the afterburner sfx playing), even after you release w and just holding shift. This seems to be a bug, as this does not happen with archwing as archwing always able to afterburn before update (They were made in specification to afterburn, but not Titania). Now the afterburner in Titania is colliding on her sprint function, making her abnormally fast and/or inconsistent.

Whatever the issue is it clearly needs fixing because it's pretty obvious DE didn't do much if any testing on titania before pushing it out the door. 

Did a few hours of testing with Titania...

Had to remove Razorwing Blitz because the buffed movement speed was uncontrollable, removed narrowminded as well and went efficency+ umbral vitality and intensify with a side dish of energy conversion and growing power... fairly usable and I got to slot adaptation as well... but razorwing now feels "wrong" for lack of a better term.

You hower shooting or you dash, no in-between.

Sometimes Titania remains stuck in flight at odd angles, in particular when veering to the left.

Anyone checked if speed mods influence razorwing?

hace 12 minutos, Ikusias dijo:

Anyone checked if speed mods influence razorwing?

Yes they do. With speed mods and razorwing blitz you're faster than an archwing in afterburner. I also got a boost from Wisp and at that point I crossed 700m in a few seconds. 

Still the lack of inertia is bothering me, before i could  take adavantage of it and there was also acceleration, Titania didn't go from idle to full speed in an instant like now.

And you could reverse boost or dash in more or less any direction, now you dash or afterburn but only straight ahead and turning is like lugging around a cartful of bricks