Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora DangleDome change

Doraz_

I would suggest the current changes, as she might be receiving a deluxe skin if i remember well.

Currently, the dome spawns 20-ish points with which enemies can be trapped.

Change it so Khora summons 4 pillars (n- affected by power strenght?)of chains and blades from the ground around herself ( 10/ 15 meters distant from her and pillars being 1 or 2 meters in diameter) with a a max of 5 enemies trapped each.

These pillars will create a line as it is right now to trap the enemies, but the enemies have a surface to get stuck on (the pillar itself), so they don't dangle anymore.

Bullet go through the pillars, but i do not know if in WF is possible to make colliders ignore bullets but not enemies. If a Tag system that tells object what  to collide with and rays what surfaces to ignore is in use it should be no problem.

One pillar at a time when casting is to be excluded, as she needs this ability to protect her/affect all sides, as the dome does right now.

I would try drawing, but for now you have to immagine this claw-like pillar of moving chains and blades, with electricity going through it and enemies that are caught and stuck on the surface, being damaged by the blades moving between them and the pillar.

These can lead to another change, that as it's an ability used mainly for farming or defense, Pillars could give an armor buff to nearby friendly units, or make enemies drop more health orbs around it ... so it has uses when dealing with swarms of more than 20 enemies.

That's it 😄

It could work as, similarly to hydroid, this can have a different style for her standard and prime or deluxe skin.

• Like 1

So take her dome and turn it into a cylinder kinda?

Honestly, Khora is a cool concept but she feels so linear to play. Shes tank, does damage and scales great but.

Her 2 is useless and her 4 is either a cliche panic button or used for farming.

I hope Khora gets a good rework because her kit doesn't feel like it works with eachother. 

My 2 cents at least.

14 hours ago, Kepsiis said:

So take her dome and turn it into a cylinder kinda?

Honestly, Khora is a cool concept but she feels so linear to play. Shes tank, does damage and scales great but.

I hope Khora gets a good rework because her kit doesn't feel like it works with eachother. 

My 2 cents at least.

Yeah, like for cylinders, but if they had hard edges it would be better imo

I'd like to play khora more, but I've always seen her only used either as (1) a whip wieldieng damage dealer or (2) a farming afk-er.

While in the first case i see no glaring issues, in the second one (expecially at high levels and with eximus units) the dome suffers form enemies being

-hard to hit

-stuck behind geometry

-khora players not damaging them with the whip

... this is frustrating, as there is nothing bad in you wanting to play chill for once, but abilities (the dome in this case) should help teammates kill the enemies, not make it more lenghty or diffcult.

Maybe they are already reworking her behind the scene, even if you don't see many complaining like vauban or ember

Her 2 would be amazing if it worked as fast as nidus' tentacle thing.

On 2019-11-24 at 4:50 AM, Doraz_ said:

so they don't dangle anymore

Why, instead of this whole complex change, not simply ask for the dangle to be lessened or removed, even? 

18 hours ago, Kepsiis said:

Her 2 is useless

wat

Ensnare is an amazing CC tool, try a high Range build and see just how far it can snag enemies from all over, through walls etc.

Sure, it's easily (and unjustly) ignored in favor of Dangledome, but there are loads of Frames I'd play WAY more often if they had something that good.

19 hours ago, Kepsiis said:

Cast Ensnare on enemies trapped by Strangledome130xDark Strangledome to spread its effects to nearby enemies, allowing Whipclaw and Venari to deal double damage to ensnared enemies.

• When Strangledome ends, ensnared enemies will be pulled to the original target if the debuff is still active. Use this opportunity to attack them with weapons, Venari130xDark Venari, and Whipclaw.

if you didnt know this thats fine but her 2 is useless? no. no it isnt.

13 minutes ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Khora is fine, Dont touch my Khora! 

i feel u tenno xD not about khora, but i do.

Are you ok with only the change to her 4th tho? Khora mains or enthousiasts (??? lol) should have a better idea if it's needed or not.

Currently a "hook-point" exists on the top of the dome for example, but if it has the same range as the other points, enemies might not be in range for it to catch enemies (still, the range it has bow is pretty good).

4 giant claws in 4 cardinal directions around her would cover potentially more area and more eavenly.

I've always felt the dangle was one of the trades offs of using her 4 instead of her 2 for CC.

Strangledome:
1) On the spot cast

2) Renders you immobile during cast

2) Longer duration CC

3) Has a cap (vertices) of enemies that can be CC'd

4) Enemies dangle making them harder to shoot

5) Non dangling enemies are enticed to shoot at dangling enemies

6) Venari struggles to hit high up dangling enemies

7) Can be a pseudo defensive barrier although whatever objective you're defending can still get shot

8 ) It has farming potential and tears up corpses for Nekros to descecrate

Perfect for index nightwave challenge

Ensnare

1) Has to be aimed

2) Can be cast while aim gliding

3) Has a propagation delay

4) Creates pseudo cover by using ensnared targets as meat shields (this has accidentally saved me in a lot of situations)

5) Has no cap on possible number of enemies ensnared

6) Enemies are still and easily set up for headshots (Harrows rejoice)

7)  A second batch of enemies can be pulled in for the remaining duration

8 ) Venari doesn't struggle hitting ensnared targets

Perfect for locking down enemies who thought they were safe under Arctic Eximus bubbles

Both abilities allow for Whipclaw and Venari to deal more damage. Pros and Cons muh dude. I've played Khora for so long that I can consider dangling enemies an aiming minigame😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

4 giant claws in 4 cardinal directions around her would cover potentially more area and more eavenly.

Personally I wouldn't change anything about Strangledome but if I could suggest using larger ethereal versions of her whip instead of giant claws, it seems more thematically fitting.

In closing I'll just say give her a shot, she has more going on than what you see people use in squads. Perhaps you'll like chain catlady too🙂

2 hours ago, (PS4)RazorPhoenix970 said:

Personally I wouldn't change anything about Strangledome but if I could suggest using larger ethereal versions of her whip instead of giant claws, it seems more thematically fitting.

In closing I'll just say give her a shot, she has more going on than what you see people use in squads. Perhaps you'll like chain catlady too🙂

Yours are very nice comments. Detailed and with nice points, so thank you.

Admittedly, i don't play her much so my suggestion was mainly for visuals and limited to her 4th.

strangle/dangle-dome is really ugly and the dangling almsot makes me do Alt+F4 every time xD

I think the best fix for the current strangledome behavior is to simply have a (low) limit on the momentum of targets once they are captured by it to prevent the occasional mob that spins wildly. This is especially true now since they finally fixed the bug where whipclaw damage didn't propagate through the dome to other targets unless the player was host and everyone is able to see the full glory of Khora's powers. Otherwise, there's good synergy between her skills and the damage boost to whipclaw means that things in the dome or ensnare just shouldn't last very long anyway (outside of level 100+ish missions).

18 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

i feel u tenno xD not about khora, but i do.

Are you ok with only the change to her 4th tho? Khora mains or enthousiasts (??? lol) should have a better idea if it's needed or not.

Currently a "hook-point" exists on the top of the dome for example, but if it has the same range as the other points, enemies might not be in range for it to catch enemies (still, the range it has bow is pretty good).

I am a khora main. Trust me mate, she is really awesome as she is. I dont know about her 2, I dont use it often, but her synergy with 1+4 is one of the best in game. A defense guardian + resource farming frame. She can do so much at once, its incredible. And there are so many ways to build her to use her differently. If you are interested, knock me ingame and I'll show you her defensive abilities and 4's synergy with 1. 

Her 4 is fine as it is, because all you need to do is hit one enemy in dome with 1, then its double damage to everything stuck in dome. Ofc, you need good range, duration and strength. Also, a stat stick to buff her 1 is mandatory (with crit riven).

37 minutes ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

I am a khora main. Trust me mate, she is really awesome as she is. I dont know about her 2, I dont use it often, but her synergy with 1+4 is one of the best in game. A defense guardian + resource farming frame. She can do so much at once, its incredible. And there are so many ways to build her to use her differently. If you are interested, knock me ingame and I'll show you her defensive abilities and 4's synergy with 1. 

Her 4 is fine as it is, because all you need to do is hit one enemy in dome with 1, then its double damage to everything stuck in dome. Ofc, you need good range, duration and strength. Also, a stat stick to buff her 1 is mandatory (with crit riven).

Thank you, that's amazing 🙂

When i go back to the game i'll try and whisper u then.

• Like 1

Her dome is only really nice for an alternative to nekros for farming. It's annoying for everyone else and has some pretty bad clipping issues.

That being said khora is damn strong at the moment. Slapping bloodrush and the new sacrifical steel on a weapon and spamming whipclaw will get you through 99% of the content in the game.

Plus her 2 stuns bosses/lichs/disrupter amalgams for the entire duration or until it wears off.

3 minutes ago, zakaryx said:

Her dome is only really nice for an alternative to nekros for farming. It's annoying for everyone else and has some pretty bad clipping issues.

That being said khora is damn strong at the moment. Slapping bloodrush and the new sacrifical steel on a weapon and spamming whipclaw will get you through 99% of the content in the game.

Plus her 2 stuns bosses/lichs/disrupter amalgams for the entire duration or until it wears off.

I didnt know Blood Rush works with whip, is there a recent change about it?

• 2 weeks later...