Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic Kills Multiplayer !

iWasHuman

Out of all the things that are currently ruining this game from ever being as great as it could be. Relics are probably the worst. With every new prime weapon and frame there's a new relic to farm and to obtain said weapon and/or frame. The playerbase is divided into so many farm groups that finding a farm group instantly is no longer possible. Unless you're running something that has just released. Now with kuva liches into the equation.... A NEW TYPE OF RELIC.  One must first farm regular relics in order upgrade these relics in order to find a group who is running the same relic as you. This system is like having 50 game modes. There just isn't enough players. Relics, Frames and Weapons are rapidly being dumped into the mix to keep players playing b/c of the lack of end game which is creating a major problem. 

Edited by iWasHuman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, iWasHuman said:

finding a farm group instantly is no longer possible

This just ain't true at all. And it's not "like having 50 game modes" because everyone can take different relics into any fissure mission, so the number of "modes" is only dictated by the number of active fissures, as opposed to the old system which had a pile of entirely separate keys for specific missions with no matchmaking.

I think you're exaggerating heavily. Keys sucked, relics are better in almost every way.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

This just ain't true at all. And it's not "like having 50 game modes" because everyone can take different relics into any fissure mission

Riiiight and every relic has about 6 items in the reward pool. Which makes it extremely difficult to get what you want if everyone chooses a different relic which is why most people group up. Unless you have garbage relics containing common or worthless rewards. Which is what most people use when randomly getting into fissure mission to farm traces. 30hours of grind for the sake of grind isn't gameplay. it's homework with graphics. That's not even getting into the farm for the relics in the first place.

Now this is obviously my opinion. That's a fact. Exaggeration... maybe..  Keys weren't prefect either and I'm not saying I want them back. But making a bad system to fix a horrible system doesn't make it a solution. 

Intact (default) 76% (25.33%) 22% (11%) 2%
Exceptional 70% (23.33%) 26% (13%) 4%
Flawless 60% (20%) 34% (17%) 6%
Radiant 50% (16.67%) 40% (20%) 10%

1 minute ago, iWasHuman said:

Now this is obviously my opinion. That's a fact.

...?

2 minutes ago, iWasHuman said:

Keys weren't prefect either and I'm not saying I want them back. But making a bad system to fix a horrible system doesn't make it a solution. 

Yet you have no idea how to make current system better, right? I don't see any suggestions.

1 hour ago, iWasHuman said:

Riiiight and every relic has about 6 items in the reward pool. Which makes it extremely difficult to get what you want if everyone chooses a different relic which is why most people group up. Unless you have garbage relics containing common or worthless rewards. Which is what most people use when randomly getting into fissure mission to farm traces. 30hours of grind for the sake of grind isn't gameplay. it's homework with graphics. That's not even getting into the farm for the relics in the first place.

People solved this problem years ago, if you want to farm a specific Relic then find a group in Recruiting or elsewhere and agree to all take the same Relic at a certain rarity. People did this back when Keys were around as well, back then (IIRC) you couldn't randomly join people with Keys at all, you HAD to make your own group, these days you can at least find pub squads with their own Relics so that you can go further in endless missions and such. You might even be able to talk to them in-mission and see if they have any Relics that you're interested in.

Expecting pub groups to spontaneously have the exact same goals as you without any prior interaction at all is a fantasy. If you want to run a specific Relic, find a dedicated group.