Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash needs a rework

(PSN)StealthyJ_thagod

44 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Its not easy for consoles first off.

secondly, I fail to see the issue from your PoV with a change like this. It doesnt change the normal playstyle (activating 4, turning DPI to 8000 and jerking the mouse) but also reduces the tediousness of such a gameplay loop that is [hit 4 and spin mouse]. Its like Gauss when he got his changes. He was already a good frame, but was tedious to play effectively when compared to other frames, so he got a bunch of buffs to alleviate the issue

TY pc players don`t get that its worst to use on a controller than a mouse, say what you want about the old bs it was simple to use just look at an enemy, press 4 and your done no probs using a mouse or a controller and imo is far superior than the current bs when it comes to activation speed and affecting enemies.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

TY pc players don`t get that its worst to use on a controller than a mouse, say what you want about the old bs it was simple to use just look at an enemy, press 4 and your done no probs using a mouse or a controller and imo is far superior than the current bs when it comes to activation speed and affecting enemies.

it seems console players have no clue  when it comes to dumbing down mechanics to fit gamepads. they become abuseable on PC. better for DE to put in the options targeting assist for abilities exclusively for console if thats your problem.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

it seems console players have no clue  when it comes to dumbing down mechanics to fit gamepads. they become abuseable on PC. better for DE to put in the options targeting assist for abilities exclusively for console if thats your problem.

Say what you want but no one was complaining about the activation speed on the old bs so much so that on mogamu`s vid, Ash was the #1 liked warframe In 2016 BEFORE THE DUMB CHANGES now he is one of the least used wf stated by DE them self's on life of rio`s vid back in 2018 AFTER THE DUMB CHANGES.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Say what you want but no one was complaining about the activation speed on the old bs so much so that on mogamu`s vid, Ash was the #1 liked warframe In 2016 BEFORE THE DUMB CHANGES now he is one of the least used wf stated by DE them self's on life of rio`s vid back in 2018 AFTER THE DUMB CHANGES.

i stopped following mogamu when i notcied his BS i dont even know who life of rio is. BS was an atrocious ability before it got reworked. stuck in animation, prevented enemies from being killed all ash's would do is stand in the middle of the room and spam 4 and or energy pads.

MANY people complained and it got what it deserved. braindeadness removed.

As for Ash's Kit?

- Change 1./shuriken to a "Tool Kit" (hold 1 for use; tap 1 to switch tools):

+ Senbon Barrage: hold to add more senbon to throw. Applies status effects from IPS/elements in loadout. Tossed shuriken act as decoys, briefly drawing enemy attention (like wisps decoy). Senbon has its own ammo pool; senbon only refills its ammo from extra/unneeded weapon ammo drops on the ground (Shuriken are cheap/improvised tools).

+ Kaginawa: Grappling Hook. Pull, tether, disarm, hogtie enemies (look        up hojojutsu). Hold '1' to throw, latch to walls, or zipline. Throw the kaginawa at a foe to tether. Throw the Kaginawa at a foe and hit interact to hogtie. Hit Interact a second time to execute (finisher dmg). Hit Interact a third time to make the enemy into an effigy/example. Hitting a foe, Holding '1', and melee'ing successive enemies allows Ash to tether more foes using the same energy cord/chain without recasting, Constant energy cost per unit distance traveled. Executed enemies can be interacted with to create effigies. These ghastly effigies cause foes who wonder upon them to suffer a nervous breakdown: spraying gunfire and screaming in panic. Stray fire causes further enemy casualties; their noise acts like a beacon also drawing attention to themselves: resetting Enemy Alarm State after the 'scene' ends.

+  Kusuri & Uchitake: Field Medicine and a heat candle known last hours irl. Allies in a radius receive healing and temporarily gain buffs to casting speed & power efficiency. Enemies who inhale the smoke are poisoned, see hallucinations, and attack each other until the toxin leaves their system. Like the toxin status, this bypasses shields. Surviving enemies rationalize the endeavor as a fit of madness, resetting the alarm state.

+ Shadow Partner: Calls one of Ash's clones for assistance. The clone mimicks Ash's movements, fighting in the same manner as its owner. If called and interacted with, the clone becomes a disguise, settling upon ash as a mantle and holographically mimicking the a member of the nearby faction. If assigned a target, the clone will grapple an enemy/open them for a finisher/briefly boost finisher dmg. Upon Death the clone explodes loudly and sprays fireworks in a sphere. The display blinds and deafens enemies in 20m for 12 seconds. Foes further afield converge to investigate the area. If Ash would suffer fatal dmg with the clone inside of 10m, the clone switch teleports/kawarimi to save ash. Only damage from the clone's owner and enemies can lead to the death of the clone.

- Change 2./Smokescreen: 

+ the stealth time to energy scaling remains unchanged.

+ the smokebomb produces a lingering smoke cloud that spreads to a base 15m.

+ Enemies entering the 15m cloud can no longer tell friend from foe and will see anyone within 2m as silhouettes. After traveling inside the cloud for 3 seconds, seeing or hearing signs of violence causes enemies to attack any silhouette they can perceive in the cloud with great panic (Similar to Nyx's 2).

+  Whilst inside a smokecloud, Ash is stealthed indefinitely. The 3x or 4x stealth melee bonus always applies only so long as Ash remains inside a cloud; this cloud bonus scales up and down with Pwr Str. 

+ Once Ash leaves the smoke cloud, Ash is stealthed for smokescreen's traditional duration. Re-entering the smoke cloud resets stealth back to full timer.

+ If the smoke cloud disperses with one person (tenno, boss, or mook) standing starkly amongst dead bodies, all onlooking enemies in a further r+10m  who heard the death throes from the now dispersed cloud focus fire the "doomed spy" with manic, panicked fervor.

+ Calm enemies in a smokecloud are open to stealth kills, regardless of prior alertness state.

+ Smoke Cloud stealths all tenno!

+ Augment: Choking Gas. Smoke cloud causes enemies within to become debilitated/unable to attack. The cloud will also take on the element of the highest ally damage source added to it (similar to zephyr's tornadoes).

- 3./teleport Unchanged.

-4./Bladestorm Possibly Add Targetting FOV as a tweakable stat in Arsenal. Otherwise Unchanged.

Edited by Ekemeister
Deleted Fluff

I stopped playing ash regularly because he was too easy. I can't nuke a room with him in an instant but I can kill whatever I need to with him with barely any effort -- while taking very little damage thanks to invisibility. I see no reason to change him. He has his place in the game. I would be disappointed if he were reworked. 

13 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i stopped following mogamu when i notcied his BS i dont even know who life of rio is. BS was an atrocious ability before it got reworked. stuck in animation, prevented enemies from being killed all ash's would do is stand in the middle of the room and spam 4 and or energy pads.

MANY people complained and it got what it deserved. braindeadness removed.

And I`ll say it again.. no one was complaining about the activation speed of the old bs.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Because BS was stupidly spammable, and Ash was the best choice for farming Oxium. Wouldn't want to go back to a BS spamfest and jumping into watching an endless cinematic. BS is good how it is, but I feel that it just needs a LITTLE bit of more fluidity. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

Because BS was stupidly spammable, and Ash was the best choice for farming Oxium. Wouldn't want to go back to a BS spamfest and jumping into watching an endless cinematic. BS is good how it is, but I feel that it just needs a LITTLE bit of more fluidity. 

No matter what you say my point still stands no one was complaining about the activation speed of the old bs.

These points say that bs is not good how it is.

Problems with bs

Spoiler

·       The two stages of the killing process make bs slow, because of this, other players can take his kills before you get a chance to kill them which makes him not helpful in the team, not fun to play and in a fast-pasted game, this is bad.

·       Marking enemies for some players is sickening because of the motion of moving the cursor onto enemies, even though it`s easier (but still a problem) to do this using a mouse, doing this on a controller is not as easy, an ability should be able to be easy to use no matter what you use.

·       Because enemies are highlighted by your chosen energy colour, it will make enemies more visible to other players to go and kill them which in their minds is a top priority.

·       If you want the full damage of bs, you have to mark the enemies three times which will slow you down or makes you stationary (if you want to do it quickly) to mark enemies with three marks. In low-level missions, your energy will be refunded back to you if you over mark and in high levels you obviously going to want the full damage of it so there is absolutely no point in having to choose the amount of damage you want to dish out. With the old bs, you had the full damage regardless.

·       Bodies disappearing makes it to where you can`t bring him in a desecrating team with a nekros. While bodies disappearing makes sense on paper for him being a ninja and I like the idea, unfortunately, this just makes him a problem in that team.

·       The indicator shows how many marks instead of how many enemies affected by bs. Because of this, you have no idea how many enemies are going to be killed. If it showed how many enemies affected by bs, it will let the play know when to use bs again.

·       Using your 2nd ability to use less energy is not synergy. Synergy is meant to be a choice that makes a difference in missions however, this so-called synergy is a must to use it consistently which makes it a bad gimmick.

·       Using the 3rd ability to join the animation costs no energy but you need energy to be able to use it which makes no sense plus, in low-level missions, sometimes you`re not even going to get a chance use your 3rd ability because the apparitions have killed the enemies already. (depending on how many enemies you mark)

·       Apparitions (clones) appearance is not consistent. The visuals go from looking like you custom coloured Ash to a hologram version, to the original ash look with default colours. Also, this is a bug that the old bs had which means it has not been fixed.

·       When marking, you can`t mark enemies that are behind walls or objects which make you have to run around searching for enemies to kill and if you in a team, your marked enemies will be killed off by your teammates.

·       Even if Ash`s damage has increased to 2,000, (his damage now is still great) the damage is not as good compared to the old bs. The apparitions of the old bs was like Saryn`s 1st ability damage but slightly better, (and the terminator) the apparitions would not stop killing until the enemies were dead and even though attack speed mods can increase their killing speed, with the current bs, the apparitions only attack three times however the bleeding damage speed cannot.

·       You can`t pick an choose what enemies you want to kill; (which people claim you can do) on paper it makes sense however in practise the idea is not useful. For example, if you wanted to mark an energy eximus in-between two other enemies and you only have enough energy to mark one enemy, you are not able to.

Reasons;

· Enemies are running around to where you will either run out of energy or you simply can`t mark the eximus.

· You will have to stand there trying to mark that one enemy.

· You have a chance to get hit by a stray bullet or by an explosion whether you use your 2nd ability or not.

· If you’re playing in a team, someone WILL take the kill from you.

· Teleport can do it better and is faster at it. (this alone destroys the purpose of using it that way)

I'm not trying to oppose everything everyone says, I also want the game to be as good as possible (and Ash in this case), but it's just that these threads are so nitpicky and never adress the real problems Ash has like his 1 and 3, and the lack of synergy. Ultimately we all want the same thing, DE doing what would be best for the game. Sadly I don't think Ash is in their plans. I hope I'm wrong.

Spoiler

hace 6 horas, (PS4)Vexx757 dijo:

The two stages of the killing process make bs slow, because of this, other players can take his kills before you get a chance to kill them which makes him not helpful in the team, not fun to play and in a fast-pasted game, this is bad.

Slow is relative to what you are comparing it to. What frames are you comparing Ash with? Also your problem is mainly that Bladestorm is too slow but most of your points don't fix this.

Marking enemies for some players is sickening because of the motion of moving the cursor onto enemies, even though it`s easier (but still a problem) to do this using a mouse, doing this on a controller is not as easy, an ability should be able to be easy to use no matter what you use.

This is an exaggeration brought up too often here. You don't need to frantically move your mouse around.

Because enemies are highlighted by your chosen energy colour, it will make enemies more visible to other players to go and kill them which in their minds is a top priority.

If what you say is true then Bladestorm increases the team's DPS, effectively helping without using energy (because it was refunded).
Let them kill them. You get your energy refunded and BS finishes faster so you can use it again.
Also it doesn't use your chosen energy color, it's always red. Why does no one talk about how it resembles so much to the Arbitration drones' aura? They look like they are marked, but they are not.

If you want the full damage of bs, you have to mark the enemies three times which will slow you down or makes you stationary (if you want to do it quickly) to mark enemies with three marks. In low-level missions, your energy will be refunded back to you if you over mark and in high levels you obviously going to want the full damage of it so there is absolutely no point in having to choose the amount of damage you want to dish out. With the old bs, you had the full damage regardless.

Maybe. Apply the 3 marks on the first look and refund the unused ones. But it will use much more energy, even if it gets refunded later. Implementing this would mean you can only mark 4 enemies and you're out of energy. Even if in most cases the damage dealt on each will be overkill, you need to wait for BS to end so you get your energy back. No Invisibility or teleporting while you wait, and definitely slower (wich you clearly stated you don't want it to be) because you are marking 4 enemies and waiting for them to die. The way I see it, applying the 3 marks would make the ability worse 90% of the time.

Bodies disappearing makes it to where you can`t bring him in a desecrating team with a nekros. While bodies disappearing makes sense on paper for him being a ninja and I like the idea, unfortunately, this just makes him a problem in that team.

Either make it so Nekros can desecrate the invisible bodies or BS won't disappear bodies anymore.

The indicator shows how many marks instead of how many enemies affected by bs. Because of this, you have no idea how many enemies are going to be killed. If it showed how many enemies affected by bs, it will let the play know when to use bs again.

Nitpicking? Just change the counter.

Using your 2nd ability to use less energy is not synergy. Synergy is meant to be a choice that makes a difference in missions however, this so-called synergy is a must to use it consistently which makes it a bad gimmick.

It is synergy and it's not a must, but I get what you mean and I agree. I'd like more synergy.

Using the 3rd ability to join the animation costs no energy but you need energy to be able to use it which makes no sense plus, in low-level missions, sometimes you`re not even going to get a chance use your 3rd ability because the apparitions have killed the enemies already. (depending on how many enemies you mark)

Then make it use energy. Like it now?
Joining Bladestorm makes you invulnerable and it's free. If you were careless enough to use all your energy when you are about to die is when you deserve to die. No offense intended! It's the same with other frames.
And sometimes you can't join Bladestorm because the clones killed them all too fast?? Didn't you say Bladestorm was too slow?

Apparitions (clones) appearance is not consistent. The visuals go from looking like you custom coloured Ash to a hologram version, to the original ash look with default colours. Also, this is a bug that the old bs had which means it has not been fixed.

Yeah this is a bug, I think it only happens when there is lag. At least it doesn't make Bladestorm weaker.

When marking, you can`t mark enemies that are behind walls or objects which make you have to run around searching for enemies to kill and if you in a team, your marked enemies will be killed off by your teammates.

It seems logical to me that you can't mark enemies you can't even see. How do you even know they are there? If it's behind an object I'm sure you'll manage to jump or move around with the over the top mobility we have right now.
Your teammates are killing something else somewhere else, you make it seem like they are following you and making sure you don't have fun.

Even if Ash`s damage has increased to 2,000, (his damage now is still great) the damage is not as good compared to the old bs. The apparitions of the old bs was like Saryn`s 1st ability damage but slightly better, (and the terminator) the apparitions would not stop killing until the enemies were dead and even though attack speed mods can increase their killing speed, with the current bs, the apparitions only attack three times however the bleeding damage speed cannot.

What do you want here?

You can`t pick an choose what enemies you want to kill; (which people claim you can do) on paper it makes sense however in practise the idea is not useful. For example, if you wanted to mark an energy eximus in-between two other enemies and you only have enough energy to mark one enemy, you are not able to.

Yes you can

Reasons;

· Enemies are running around to where you will either run out of energy or you simply can`t mark the eximus.

· You will have to stand there trying to mark that one enemy.

· You have a chance to get hit by a stray bullet or by an explosion whether you use your 2nd ability or not.

· If you’re playing in a team, someone WILL take the kill from you.

· Teleport can do it better and is faster at it. (this alone destroys the purpose of using it that way)

What?

Edited by BasKy

Here are my thoughts that no one asked for:

1. Shuriken - this ability is garbage without the augment acting as a band-aid so this should just be an inherent part of his kit and DE should make a new augment for shuriken. I think it's silly that he only gets two shuriken and it can't scale up with power strength. It would be nice if he got a bonus shuriken every +25% power strength. I think the "seeking" aspect of seeking shuriken should seek out enemies that aren't already being affected by damage reduction. I get annoyed when I cast seeking shuriken multiple times to reduce the armor of a crowd of enemies and I keep hitting the same enemy multiple times. A potential new augment could be shadow shuriken (totally not a Naruto rip-off of shadow shuriken jutsu) that doubles the number of shurikens. So at 150% power strength, Ash would have 4 shurikens and the augment would make it 8 shurikens. This would only be beneficial if the shurikens all sought after unique targets to reduce their armor.

2. Smoke Screen - Not much to say about this ability. Ya it would be nice if the duration was longer but oh well. However, seeing as how he is the ninja/assassin frame, it would be nice if his duration either increased 1-2 seconds per kill while active, or if the duration was completely reset after a melee finisher. I prefer the latter option because that would synergize really well with his 3rd and 4th abilities.

3. Teleport - Without the augment, this ability is really difficult to time well to get the melee finisher on the enemy so it's really not worth using without the first half of the fatal teleport augment that automatically does the melee finisher for you. This again should be an inherent part of Ash's kit and the second half of the augment is fine as an augment.

4. Blade Storm - Ya, the ticking system is annoying and slow. What really grinds my gears is that after casting the ability and the shadow clones start killing the marked enemies, why am I unable to activate the ability again to start marking new enemies while the clones finish doing what they're doing? Then I could instantly cast the ability again on the newly marked enemies as soon as the clones finish. It's really annoying that I have to wait for the clones to finish before I am able to start marking enemies again. I would also like to be able to re-cast the ability before the clones are finished and have the newly marked enemies be added to the queue to be taken care of, but then people would go back to whining about blade storm being too spammy.

Edited by (NSW)DEADSHOT500

17 hours ago, BasKy said:

-snip-

Go back to page 1 and read my solutions, I do address this.

There are some ppl that feel funny from the motion sickness, it`s not a lot of ppl but their are some so its not an exaggeration and your forgetting about controllers.

Yes you are helping the team but it`s not helping you, you don`t get any kills coz every time you try they kill them. How I want to see it, I`m playing the frame so I want to get the benefits of playing that frame which is to be able to kill.

What are you eve talking about?

I have a solution for this, go look it up.

Same ^ it doesn't matter if it`s nit-picking or not the indicator doesn`t make sense.

Ok it`s not a must but It`s still a bad synergy, who want to mark enemies without being invis to take more energy that`s just stupid.

17 hours ago, BasKy said:

And sometimes you can't join Bladestorm because the clones killed them all too fast?? Didn't you say Bladestorm was too slow?

Omw when I said that it was slow I was talking about the marking process and I specifically said low-levels.

This is a bug that happens all the time they always look like holograms and that's a stupid thing to say of course it doesn't make bs weak what`s your point?

Whether it makes sense or not it`s still a prob  compared to the old bs. Teleporting is based sight and memory the old bs make sense coz if you see an enemy and then it hides behind cover, even through you can`t see the enemy, you know it`s their by memory but with bs not you can`t do that which makes no sense. This is another stupid comment, their are certain situation where you can`t separate from your teammates. No make what you say, ppl taking your kills is still a prob.

Read again I said "the damage is not as good compared to the old bs"

Now you are being disingenuous, you can`t do this and you know it. Go and try it yourself and please keep up these are the reasons why you can`t do it. Like I said before;

"Teleport can do it better and is faster at it. (this alone destroys the purpose of using it that way) "

You can say what you want but you are not changing my mind, he NEEDS A REVISIT. These are problems bs has and the difference with this and old bs problems the old bs problems can mostly be avoided.

hace 4 horas, (PS4)Vexx757 dijo:

What are you eve talking about?

I have a solution for this, go look it up.

I don't even know what you are referring to!

This is a bug that happens all the time they always look like holograms and that's a stupid thing to say of course it doesn't make bs weak what`s your point?

You are nitpicking, looking for the slightest problem BS has. This bug doesn't make it weaker or less fun to use but you use it to undermine BS. The counter is just a small detail, why make a fuss about it? It seriously bothers you that enemies are marked and teammates will kill them? I guess you avoid using Enemy Radar too. You can't ask for a revisit with arguments like those. YES I remember your other arguments.

Now you are being disingenuous, you can`t do this and you know it. Go and try it yourself and please keep up these are the reasons why you can`t do it. Like I said before;

"Teleport can do it better and is faster at it. (this alone destroys the purpose of using it that way) "

Yes you can, you need to look at the enemy and press 4 two times in a row. And Teleport doesn't do it better and faster, yeah I tried. It uses more energy and probably puts you in danger inside enemy lines stuck in a finisher animation. With BS you can mark and give him for dead while you kill others or do whatever you want. And this is only up to debate because we are ignoring the fact that Teleport is buggy. The new hotkey for finishers doesn't seem to fix this sadly.

There is one situation where you can't tho. If there are two enemies close to each other you need to mark both of them. This is because BS does have a small cone of view that no one talks about. Why you don't list that in your reasons? It's the main (if only) cause.
Those reasons you give should also apply to Teleport and can be avoided if you have skill.

hace 5 horas, (PS4)Vexx757 dijo:

You can say what you want but you are not changing my mind, he NEEDS A REVISIT. These are problems bs has and the difference with this and old bs problems the old bs problems can mostly be avoided.

Lol I remembered why I decided to leave the thread (was it this one?). Yeah I realized I wasn't changing your mind because you decided BS is a bad skill.
I agree he needs a revisit I can't stand that counter and the holograms looking like normal Ash when I have the Primeeeee

On 2019-12-06 at 7:41 PM, BasKy said:

-snip-

If you don`t know go read it again or forget it.

I don`t know what you talking about, even before Ash`s nerf I had an issue with it, I'm including it because DE did the revisit and couldn't even fix that like wukong not showing staff when standing still in unequipped stance, they did the rework but didn`t even fix that. 

You can`t for the simple fact that they won`t be standing still, they will be moving around plus and enemy could run into your los. The point I`m making is that its faster and better at picking a single enemy not about the energy efficiency plus I tested it when you are in a finisher animation you are invulnerable for some reason so they can`t take you down and I'm aware of it being buggy.

The concept of bs is not bad I like the concept of teleporting to enemies however my issue is the mechanics of bs like I said before the marking mechanic should be for cc abilities not damaging abilities.  

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

Right now ash works well on lich hunt though. Havent seen anyone kill/deal more than me since i start using him

Teleport for hunting down thralls, bs which ignores armor and have incredibly long range(just double tap while running for normal enemies, 3 marks for lichs), 2 for safety

Even his augment4 is usefull for quick stacking melee counter and keeping it.

1 is kinda useless, but it ignores wall so i use it to quick search enemies when the minimap is buggy or broken

-snip-

I don't know because you didn't quote, and now again instead of seeing what I wrote I only see a -snip-

hace 7 horas, (PS4)Vexx757 dijo:

-snip-

If you can't target a single enemy because he "won't be standing still" then how are you able to teleport to it? it's the same thing.

-snip-

This is the same for Teleport!

-snip-

I agree with you on this part.

Anyways, bye GLHF