Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please be able to cancel a repair?

ReaverKane

Like i just got a new reactor with more capacity than the one i dropped yesterday, but i have all my pustrels invested in that one.

Thing is, according to the release notes, i can get those back by scrapping, BUT, i have to finish repairing the one i want to scrap before i can scrap it to repair the other one. Which is just stupid.
So, can we please have a way to cancel repairs in progress, and recover the materials?

Also, why is it that some wreckage can't be scrapped at all?

• Like 2

While it would be better if you could refund, you went into this knowing that you couldn't refund.  It was exactly the same when you were building the parts of your Railjack.

On the other hand, why even put your resources in before you've collected them all?  It's not as if you have a cap or they're going to expire, such as for argon.

It would certainly be better if you could refund resources and cancel a repair.

22 minutes ago, FrostyMouse said:

While it would be better if you could refund, you went into this knowing that you couldn't refund.  It was exactly the same when you were building the parts of your Railjack.

On the other hand, why even put your resources in before you've collected them all?  It's not as if you have a cap or they're going to expire, such as for argon.

It would certainly be better if you could refund resources and cancel a repair.

Actually you CAN refund... Just that their flow is poorly planned, and it requires full build before it can be refunded, which not only requires materials, but also 12h.

Also, there are no "better" parts on your railjack.

Edited by ReaverKane

22 minutes ago, FrostyMouse said:

except you literally can't collect them all since there is so many variants of the same part. And there is a cap of 30 pieces in your inventory, everything above that gets automatically converted to dirac

14 minutes ago, suchamess said:

except you literally can't collect them all since there is so many variants of the same part. And there is a cap of 30 pieces in your inventory, everything above that gets automatically converted to dirac

That isnt what he is talking about, he's refering to the mats. There is zero reason to put mats into repairs before you have all the mats at hand, since all wreckage items use the exact same mats, difference is what house they belong to. If placing mats would shorten the repair time it would be one thing, but right now it does squat for progressing the item repair compared to shoving it all in there at once.

19 minutes ago, suchamess said:

Yes, and there's no point in keeping the random low RNG wreckage you get, which you can just scrap for low amounts of dirac.  That's not what the thread is about, however.

I'm talking about, and this is what the thread is discussing, "Why put the resources into the repair if you haven't collected all of the resources you need to finish repairing?  None of the Railjack resources expire like argon does.  There is literally no loss in not putting the resources into the repair before you've collected everything."  OP put resources in, and then regretted putting the resources in, and wanted to be able to immediately cancel the repair without having to complete it.  I freely agree that you should be able to cancel immediately, but OP knew you couldn't when OP put in the resources without being able to completely fill up the repair slots.

Edited by FrostyMouse

18 minutes ago, suchamess said:

Really? Nothing like Rivens where it says "Hey, you're out of slots! Better salvage something soon?" Just straight up trash anything you find and turn it into Dirac?

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

Really? Nothing like Rivens where it says "Hey, you're out of slots! Better salvage something soon?" Just straight up trash anything you find and turn it into Dirac?

I already knew ahead of time about the 30 wreckage cap.

The first time I reached 30 and looked at my wreckage, a dialog box popped up saying that I'd reached the cap.  Just keep yourself under 30 at all times.  The next time I reached 30, there wasn't a pop up.  There aren't many weapons you really need to keep, although with the apparently RNG fire rate, you may want to keep a bunch of extra, just in case.

Edited by FrostyMouse