Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Quest (New War PT 1) [Spoilers]

InsuranceFraud

13 minutes ago, VitalAmprex said:

Anyone else do the new prologue for the New War? 

Guess Sheldon was serious when he said we would get the start of the New War this year. 

Haven't seen an actual prologue quest as of yet, but honestly it's been super obvious that Empyrean is the prologue to The New War if you paid attention to anything Cy said in Rising Tide. And they've made it very clear that The New War isn't going to be one update like Second Dream and War Within, so the fact that there's an actual prologue quest is hardly surprising.

Just now, Ceryk said:

Haven't seen an actual prologue quest as of yet, but honestly it's been super obvious that Empyrean is the prologue to The New War if you paid attention to anything Cy said in Rising Tide. And they've made it very clear that The New War isn't going to be one update like Second Dream and War Within, so the fact that there's an actual prologue quest is hardly surprising.

Look at what Ophmalpulos said.

On 2019-12-08 at 11:10 PM, KnossosTNC said:

Actually, if I listened to the Devstream right, it sounds like we'll be getting something around the 20th, and that The New War is no longer just a cinematic quest you complete in a day or two and move on.

My guess is, The New War is actually two parts: the Star Chart event and the cinematic questline. The Star Chart event is a permanent ongoing addition which you play to gain some sort of points to unlock the next mission in the cinematic quest portion, which will be spread in phases over months into 2020.

As for what we might be getting on the 20th, it sounds like a "Prologue" quest, something along the line of Apostasy Prologue and Chimera Prologue.

Called it. Again.

As for the middle paragraph; I'm amending it slightly; I think it's going to be mainly an Empyrean map event that unlocks the stages of the questline, with possibly a smaller portion added in the main Star Chart and the open worlds as well.

Edited by KnossosTNC

I think before Christmas DE will start the sentient war (not the quest but some sort of new world state or invasion). Maybe in Railjack missions Sentient ships like in Veil Proxima will spawn a lot more often and Sentients occupying nodes in the star chart. 

The sentient tileset and some of the new enemies are already in the live build. So I think DE only have to “switch it on”.