The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Choosing of Whose Railjack you use.

FaeriPinkett

So First of all I've been LOVING railjack.

BUT 

I do not have the best internet to host. I play with friends / boyfriend and we have a grand ole time. 

But I excitedly built my railjack, down to the last minute coloring it, modding it. All happily ready. 

But then we go into a mission with me as host and it becomes a rubber band fest for everyone else. 

My suggestion is don't force it to be host's railjack. From one of the consoles in the drydock, have all clan or squad members railjack's in a list then allow us to choose whose is docked and we can board. 

**A way to get around it that people have said

Myself, with the bad internet - creates the party. We all go to clan dojo. I leave party and then rejoin. My ship persists - but there is now a new host. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FaeriPinkett said:

have all clan or squad members railjack's in a list then allow us to choose whose is docked and we can board. 

ok, but what if the squad can't agree on whose Railjack to use? they can only take one. seems like there would be the problem of one persons Railjack getting neglected and remaining weaker because nobody picks it for the mission; it can't get upgraded if nobody lets it into the mission to get the rewards.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

ok, but what if the squad can't agree on whose Railjack to use? they can only take one. seems like there would be the problem of one persons Railjack getting neglected and remaining weaker because nobody picks it for the mission; it can't get upgraded if nobody lets it into the mission to get the rewards.

Your RJ doesn't "level up" in missions. So that's not really how it works.

I posted this in my own topic; no one cared.

Here goes again.

For most people the Railjack is a 6mil paperweight. All that matters is your intrinsics.

IF we have our own 'jack and given that the 360 turret intrinsic SPECIFICALLY mentions that the turrets uncouple and glide around the hull for that to work. can we not simply toggle pre-mission to use the turrets off your own railjack? There is a pretty big empty space in the hold on the lower most deck to stack the squad's spares in there.

Basically: bad guns? toggle to use the captains. HATE that Apoc the captain has? toggle (pre-mission) to use your own Pulsar. Your Photor not cutting it? get out and let the other guy use his Cryphon. and atleast your 'jack is slightly more than useless.

21 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

You can max everything for your RJ by playing with other player's rj.

4 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

If the connection was the issue, using someone else's railjack wouldn't fix it. You just shouldn't be the host 😕

Yeah and that is why she is asking to be able to use her ship even if she is not hosting if other player agree to.

If she have, for example the best geared ship, why should be used a friend one that is completely baseline instead? 

21 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

This ^

I'm only joining teams until I get MK3 and strong "Powers" for my Railjack and I buff the hell out of it, before I take mine out for a real spin and then going for Weapons that are the strongest, cuz right now, Railjack Weapons to sneeze damage to ships. (Cuz most ships I join too so little damage, cuz they not farmed MK3 Yet, and even then I have NO CLUE on what the best "Weapons" are atm or Loadout)

Another suggestion is that in order to host, you have to have a soft cap on your "FPS/Net Speed" so it prevents bad hosts, but that might cause more issues then good. 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

On 2019-12-20 at 2:02 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Then find another squad that can make an adult decision. All the rewards are the same for everyone, no ones ship will be left behind in upgrades

Edited by Itsmez