Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Consoles also get the resource hotfix buff before the holidays?

(PSN)CommanderC2121

Pretty much the title. It would be disheartening if consoles didn't get the resource buff that pc will soon get. I know large updates require cert, but DE has said before that hotfixes are easier to implement on consoles due to not changing scripts or something like that. 

I just fear that if left unchanged, the console playerbase for railjack will be hurt due to the soon discovered grind. 

• Like 1

vor 18 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CommanderC2121:

Pretty much the title. It would be disheartening if consoles didn't get the resource buff that pc will soon get. I know large updates require cert, but DE has said before that hotfixes are easier to implement on consoles due to not changing scripts or something like that. 

I just fear that if left unchanged, the console playerbase for railjack will be hurt due to the soon discovered grind. 

You have to suffer like all of us 😄

6 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

You say that, except we have gotten every railjack update you all on pc have gotten less then 24 hours later. Im asking my question because 24 hours from now is saturday 😕 

Console players kept asking for quicker updates. Please enjoy your stay as a beta tester. 

1 minute ago, KosmicKerman said:

Console players kept asking for quicker updates. Please enjoy your stay as a beta tester. 

Theres a difference between beta testers though. I have no issue with finding railjack bugs. Ive been enjoying the whole experiences tbh, bugs and all. But if we are also supposed to beta test, we should expect updates at the same time as pc. You already got your resource buffs hotfix, so for console players to be beta testers like pc, we should also get the hotfix before holidays start. Its only resonable 

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Except you already got the resource buff hotfix, as far as Im aware, WE HAVENT. Therefore, no, you dont have to suffer like we will. 

You are confused. You get updates when DE releases them. Sometimes there are bugs or balance changes that take time to fix. That’s what it means to get stuff earlier. 

Just now, KosmicKerman said:

You are confused. You get updates when DE releases them. Sometimes there are bugs or balance changes that take time to fix. That’s what it means to get stuff earlier. 

You are confused, I understand that we get updates when DE releases them. That update was released on pc 1 hour ago as a hotfix. Consoles have gotten every hotfix pc has gotten within a day of it dropping on PC, but as if today we dont have a day left, so it shouldnt be left alone the idea that consoles should get the same hotfix (DE has said hotfixes dont require cert cause they dont change scripts like large updates do). Otherwise, while PC is happily playing railjack and getting a generous amount of resources, console will be stuck with the old system. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Otherwise, while PC is happily playing railjack and getting a generous amount of resources, console will be stuck with the old system.

You need to be more specific about what you want though... Do you want more bugs than fixes? Or do you want more fixes than bugs?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I want the resource drop buff.

That buff alone added 100 more bugs that haven't been discovered yet.

... Are you sure you want that resource drop buff and risk having Railjack broken?

Edited by Uhkretor

DE has limited resources. They prioritize those resources how they see fit. It may be they didn’t have time to make the changes for consoles, test them, and push it out. Sucks, but that’s how it is when you get the early release. The reality is that both PC and console players are playing worse versions of rail jack because DE decided to assign resources to releasing on console now rather than waiting for the new year. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Implying it isnt already broken?

"bugged" is different than "broken"... "Borken" is crashing on your face when you attempt to run it, effectively blocking you from Railjack content.

... but I wasn't expecting a console player to know the difference, in the first place.

1 minute ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Sure, ill take that change. At least then console and pc can compare notes on bugs

... the only ones that have the ability to compare notes on bugs work for DE.

The max you can do is saying either "Oh, we have that too on <console>." or "Strange, that bug still didn't happen on <console>". That's the extent of it, since the trigger for the same bug is exactly the same, PC or otherwise.

But ok, if you want to risk getting effectively blocked from running any Railjack content, because that's where the resource drop buff was placed, then you won't mind being the sole responsible for the rest of the <console> players that are going to be affected by your selfish request, right?

11 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

"bugged" is different than "broken"... "Borken" is crashing on your face when you attempt to run it, effectively blocking you from Railjack content.

... but I wasn't expecting a console player to know the difference, in the first place.

... the only ones that have the ability to compare notes on bugs work for DE.

The max you can do is saying either "Oh, we have that too on <console>." or "Strange, that bug still didn't happen on <console>". That's the extent of it, since the trigger for the same bug is exactly the same, PC or otherwise.

But ok, if you want to risk getting effectively blocked from running any Railjack content, because that's where the resource drop buff was placed, then you won't mind being the sole responsible for the rest of the <console> players that are going to be affected by your selfish request, right?

Right. 

46 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

Except beta testers get frequent updates in response to their feedback. Giving consoles a beta version and then doing nothing while PC gets all of the updates defeats the purpose of releasing the beta version on consoles at all. That's not being a beta tester, that's just neglect.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

That buff alone added 100 more bugs that haven't been discovered yet.

... Are you sure you want that resource drop buff and risk having Railjack broken?

Yes, absolutely. At least we could make some valid progress over the holiday. Not all of us want to spend 50p on rush drones to advance.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Yes, absolutely. At least we could make some valid progress over the holiday. Not all of us want to spend 50p on rush drones to advance.

33 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

By "Borken" is crashing on your face when you attempt to run it, effectively blocking you from Railjack content. But I'm pretty sure you've read that part, but I'm putting this here in case you didn't.

... I don't know what kind of progress you're supposed to make, if you're referring to Railjack content, if it happens to get broken...

but again...

33 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

if you want to risk getting effectively blocked from running any Railjack content, because that's where the resource drop buff was placed, then you won't mind being another one responsible for the rest of the <console> players that are going to be affected by your selfish request, right?

... And I'm out... your requests of getting the same updates at the same time as PC players isn't going to end well later on...

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... And I'm out... your requests of getting the same updates at the same time as PC players isn't going to end well later on...

We wouldnt request such things if they didnt already happen. We merely expect parody because they have shown not days ago that there can be parody 

Edited by (PS4)CommanderC2121