Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe isn't pay to win, but...

continue

DE has to always meet a bottom line but the holding company has to see profits from the game to continue to pump money into it from the profits they make in order to make it grow if they see it has a potential to grow. Warframe is Leyous cash pig. If Leyou doesn't see profits from somewhere they won't invest as much into game development. I personally don't see warframe as pay to win, but they sure push players towards paying to skip, because they know a lot of players are impatient or just don't want to fall behind and companies like leyou probably want DE to target weaknesses in order to squeeze every dollar they can for keeping this free to play game running and profits flowing. Warframe IS changing. As veterans leave the game, a new player takes their place. Warframe of old, is gone.

20 hours ago, M3tallius said:

If you think this is pay to win, and the real world is unfair, please, please accept that the world is broken and you are a perfect snowflake that shouldn't be subject to it. It's unfair, and it's always going to be. You can't change this vile world or game, so do what you have to do to separate yourself from it. The only way to win is to not play, in game and in life.

Apparently the mods are okay with you telling people who disagree with you to go kill themselves. Congratulations, you're above the law, I guess.

2 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

Technically free but you payed with time you invested to grind that gear that someone else just bought off you with plat they either purchased or gotten somewhere else themselves.

It's still Pay 2 Skip mechanics.

But it was free for you, you didnt pay to skip

the community has seemed pretty wholesome to me, far more wholesome than any other MMO ive ever played tbh. generally friendly, sometimes just quiet; the worst of what ive seen is on the forums

idk where the scamming thing is coming from, and i barely ever trade rivens or feel the need to trade rivens or any of that, so i have no idea what fiasco youre talking about. i have a huge amount of respect for DE, for making this game pretty playable without spending any money on the game (though spending money makes it a little easier). the only thing that sucks is that i've been waiting for a 75% plat discount for a while now because I want to spend money on the game but I haven't gotten one in months. its not even for forma or rushing things either, I literally just want to buy skins

i dont agree with the elitism of common "pay to win" arguments. this is a cooperative game and in general, most people dont have as much time as many of the people who are geared or endgame or basically any higher percentile in general, unrelated to actual skill. the only thing the people who spend their time working and have expendable income that the people who dont work as much is money, and thats more or less the tradeoff as i see it. if youre complaining about the game being "pay to win" on technicality, thats it. technicalities are worthless though; and in reality, its basically insane to ever argue that DE should provide servers, development etc. for free, without ever making any money. they have to make money, none of this would be possible without money.

if you take issue with the fact that its "pay to win" then what is the alternative? its a far better system than ive seen in anything else. DE not making money isn't an option, and it could be far worse than it currently is. 

if you dont take issue with the fact that its "pay to win" then what was the point of complaining about it in the first place?

Edited by Commander

Yeah.

But Warframe is P2W and DE simply want as much as they can get for pixels.

Buying boosters is pay to win, anything that progresses you quicker or can only be bought with something that cost real money is that.

Im not interested in the old days PvP arguments from long before WF either.

Fashion frame your win. Well it costs.

Nox in game you cant kill? Buy something to kill it faster? You paid to win that!

Did you buy three forma? Trade for plat? Buy the PC or Xbox you play on? Spend time?

No such thing as free to play, as someone somewhere is paying something, so NO ONE is getting anywhere or anything in WF for free.

😊

Dont judge me! If finances had been better and had I not wasted money taking a gamble on 140 odd loot boxes and losing, I would have paid 99 bucks to ahem "win" Ivara Prime and the exclusive items in that package.

1 hour ago, ChaosSabre said:

But I did. I used 200 platinum to rush my railjack mk3 parts. I didn't pay for that plat but someone else did. It was pay 2 skip. Same as when I bought that Hildryn bundle coz I thought thecommunity goal will take like 2 months to complete. It's all pay 2 skip.

I sold my junk prime parts away and bought some drones too. I quess i did Pay 2 skip without even spending any money ! brilliant !

12 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

If you spent your platinum in the market you participated in the platinum lifecycle DE wants it to have.

Every single platinum in the game was payed with real money that is converted into virtual currency. So you used virtual currency that was payed with real money to buy a item from a market which removes it from the game forever and can't be traded again and that item is used to skip a grind.

But hey it was not my money that was spent to get a Pay 2 Skip mechanic so Warframe is 100% not Pay 2 Skip.

I didnt say warframe is 100% not pay to skip. I said you cant label warframe as pay to skip because you have option to not to pay if you want to have the same benefit than those who pays for it. 

Edited by Itsmez

On 2019-12-28 at 7:26 AM, Zebiko said:

Definitely pay to win. Pay wall and p2w are two different things, and understanding the difference is key. Most people have different definitions of p2w because they cannot see what the winning condition is. Many disregard the winning condition because of their personal values, but that shouldn't devalue it as a monetary source. Many think skipping is a luxury, but fail to realize time is money irl. It's valuable and can be monetize.

I kind of want to pull out the scene from Billy Madison and insert it here. You know the one.

By this logic, you buy a single player game. Therefore it is pay to win. This is so fundamentally stupid an idea that I sincerely hope you get help. There are professionals out there that I'm sure can assist. I wish I had some resources to provide you, and may god have mercy on your soul, this forum is officially dumber as a result of the aforementioned posts.