Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People who play gunner on Railjack, what type of weapon do you prefer?

CephalonDizzy

I prefer Carcinnox. Even the crazy heat ones.

The lower range weapons just feel bad as a turret gunner - often enough there is nothing in range and since gunners cannot close the gap on a target we just sit there waiting for something to get close.

On 2019-12-23 at 1:14 PM, Gasau said:

Cryophon vidar with +50% bonus dmg is the best weapon on railjack right now. Heat 250 instead of 400 with same damage zetki do.

Is it really the same damage if im firing 2 to 3 shots before you can get off 2? 

I think this is one area where zetki wins. 

Besides, getting zetki is easier while getting a 50% vidar is a rare occurance. 

As for the op, i prefer cryophon in all turrets. I pilot in a way that keeps enemies in range for my gunners and they seem to fare decently. 

I "like" them all, i just wish they all performed on an equal playing field (even given their general differences) 

Depends on the pilot's style.  When I fly, I steer clear of crewships unless I know I have a player that's an active boarder, then I'll get them close enough to slingshot in and dip back out of range.  If I'm at range (the way I fly) and letting them come to me, I prefer a Carcinox.  If we're going in and brawling, give me a Cryophon.  If you have Photors or Pulsars on your turrets, I'm slingshotting into the nearest crew ship and taking it.  The procs on those are good but every one of those I've used on any ship has felt like trash.

• Like 1

Vidar Carcinnox or Cryo on side, either works for me. Depends on how close you like to get as the pilot though. If you run Cryo on pilot gun you can run Cryo on side turrets aswell, because you will be close enough to fire your front cannon, so side cannons will be in range too.

Zetki cryo can work too, but if you run any other type of Zetki gun I'll be out the airlock asap.

Tether (or void hole) with cryophons seems to be working great for my ship so far. Finally maxed out predator and section density which helps with one shotting anything flying nearby. If you have a buff rhino on board it's even better.

Plus it's almost impossible to miss any loot because of how close they die to the ship.