Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People who play gunner on Railjack, what type of weapon do you prefer?

CephalonDizzy

I'm asking since I normally either fly the railjack when hosting or do some combination of engineering / boarding when not hosting, so I probably haven't played the gunner as much as some people here.

Though I personally prefer the Cryophon on the nose turret, I would like to install a weapon that is both effective and fun for the gunner(s) to use.

Currently running the Mk. 3 Zekti Carccinox (however that is spelled) on the wing turrets.  Any opinions or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by CephalonDizzy

Brah, Zetki carcinnox? Better stick to Sigma series if you don't like a weapon that overheats faster than me not drinking water once every hour (I'm not exaggerating)

I usually ask first, if they can't aim, I give them Photor or Pulsar. Other than that, Carcinnox.

Apoc is still pretty good

Carcinnox mk3 vidar is currently one of the best side-weapon for gunners. While zekti carcinnox (the one you're using) is strong, and trust me, I've used an mk2 carcinnox on saturn, it's disliked by many players due to how fast it overheats. Maybe go with a vidar/lavan apoc till you find yourself a vidar/lavan carcinnox (preferably is the vidar). 

• Like 1

From what I've seen, most gunners would probably prefer something like the Photor or Carcinnox. While the house matters for damage output and fire rate, I'd say a Vidar Carcinnox if you can get it, since it outputs less heat per shot. Photor doesn't generate heat buildup, so house only affects fire rate and damage.

I pilot when I host (obviously), but assuming the ship I am a client on already has an engineer running around and keeping the ship alive, I go to the turrets.

The basic rules are

1. Does it overheat quickly?
  2. Is it accurate enough?
  3. Are the damage types useful?
  4. Does it deal decent damage?

and in that order. The accuracy and damage don't matter if the heat causes too much down time. The damage doesn't matter if I can't hit anything. In the Veil, the amount of damage doesn't matter if the procs aren't helping.

I personally enjoy the Photor. They deal more damage the longer you keep them on a target, they have good heat economy most of the time, and they have a really good damage spread (essentially the railjack equivalent of corrosive + heat). Carcinox are fine, though the CC they provide is really only useful against Crewships, as I have yet to see it make two fighters fight each other. Cryophon is fine if the Pilot is getting in close. And the Ion guns (whose names I can't remember) have good CC, but I prefer plasma over particle.

• Like 1

Carinnox or Apoc for me, so long as it isn't zakti. Cryophon's pretty good too, but *only* if the pilot can keep me close enough to actually hit things.

Photor was my prefered nose cannon for a while, so I'm okay with it, but most aren't. Pulsar will see me wasting all your ordinance and possibly flux, partly out of vengeance for having me use such a terrible gun and partly because I it's the only way I'm killing anything in the gunner seat.

Edited by Foefaller

If only a ship can mount two different side turrets 😛

Anyway, the vote goes to Cryophon.  As close range is the only range that matters, and Cryophon being the most forgiving gun that best deal with laggy connection and/or overly mobile pilot.

either Carcinnox or Cryophon. Carcinnox I like on the front, as you want something fast and with good range for pursuing fighters (there's a reason AA guns fire extremely fast). Cryophon is basically Arca Plasmor for your ship, really powerful up close, often one-shotting fighters and with no real need to aim, but terrible range. tried them vice versa, Cryophon works best on the side guns.

hosue type doesn't bother me as they all feel similar, version matters based on which place you're fighting in; anything will work on Earth Proxima, but you NEED Mk3 or at least VERY good Mk2 gear to take on enemies in Veil Proxima. anything less and you might as well use Archwing (which I know some people do.)

7 часов назад, (PS4)CommanderC2121 сказал:

Im rarely a gunner, but as a pilot if you want me to fly it has to be a cryophon. I cant go back to not nearly 1 shotting everything after that. 

It's amazing pilot gun, since he can freely chase his targets. It's #*!%ing horrible on turrets though.

Vidar Carcinnox is the most flexible Railjack Weapon in the game with its 4 Kilometer Range. it's an incredible Gunner Weapon and it's pretty alright for a nose Gun too.

if there are any other preferences, then Vidar or Lavan Apoc can be good if the Gunners are experienced with Projectile Weapons, Zetki Carcinnox can be alright as long as people remember that it's the Burstiest of Burst DPS Weapons.
Pulsar is.... ok but if you aren't going with strong Crit Mods to pair with Vidar Pulsar, i probably wouldn't bother.
Photor is also..... ok but its pathetic Range really hurts its viability anywhere in the game.
Cryo shares a situation not too dissimilar from Photor - pathetic Range makes it hard to use as a Gunner Weapon.

keep in mind that your Mods affects what Weapons feel good or not ofcourse - Crit Mods or Hyperstrike or Perks from Ship Parts, Et Cetera - those Bonuses can change the dynamic of what Weapons can deal enough Damage to be effective.

i'll just randomly note since the Playerbase really needs to learn this - if you're going to use Cryo, for the love of god, use Vidar Cryo. Vidar Cryo deals more Damage per Shot than Zetki Cryo does anyways, has much better Crits to more reliably deal even more Damage than Zetki Cryo, and it has significantly more 'Shots per Magazine'.
Zetki Cryo is a newbie trap, don't fall into it.

Edited by taiiat