Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you wait for a team for your railjack?

(XBOX)KayAitch

Question

I'm going to the veil - I need a team and don't want to start without one.

Selecting a mission node just immediately starts loading it.

In the normal star chart I can wait for a team, and pick another node if one isn't found.

Instead I have to start the mission and solo it until help arrives, which is a pain and often bugs it out and makes it un-completable (I end up killing all the fighters defending before the crewships and they stop spawning in).

How do I wait for a team?

13 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

DE needs to give us a proper lobby system finally. If they're going to make content like this, we really need it.

It would be nice to have people queue up for the role they prefer to run. 

Sucks to have a full team load in then immediately jump ship to all be the away party while the ship burns...

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

It would be nice to have people queue up for the role they prefer to run

I suggested just that elsewhere: 

But that will take a while, however they do it.

I want to either:

- Not start the mission until someone joins.

- pause (enemies don't attack) until I move the railjack, leave it or start shooting (kind of like Defence missions).

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

It would be nice to have people queue up for the role they prefer to run. 

Sucks to have a full team load in then immediately jump ship to all be the away party while the ship burns...

This is in no small part due to ship weapons being too weak and resources on POIs not being shared with the team. Everyone wants to be the away team because it's the least frustrating part of Railjack.

44 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

This is in no small part due to ship weapons being too weak and resources on POIs not being shared with the team. Everyone wants to be the away team because it's the least frustrating part of Railjack.

The resources on the asteroid bases and stuff isn't shared? 

Dang, all this time i've been collecting everything thinking I was helping the team out. And I thought people weren't collecting while I was on ship. I guess now i'm going to keep collecting though... because console hasn't gotten the update for the boosted end of mission bonuses so I perpetually only have half of the resources needed for any given repair upgrade...😑

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Dang, all this time i've been collecting everything thinking I was helping the team out. And I thought people weren't collecting while I was on ship. I guess now i'm going to keep collecting though... because console hasn't gotten the update for the boosted end of mission bonuses so I perpetually only have half of the resources needed for any given repair upgrade...😑

Railjack is ironically the most selfish game mode in the game. You get the best returns by ditching your team and going rambo, or screwing off to farm titanium- which is shared, but most ship captains warp the moment the mission is over, so if you want to collect resources you have to do it during the battle, basically ignoring the fight in order to go farm.

Railjack actively punishes you for cooperating with the team.

2 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

Railjack is ironically the most selfish game mode in the game. You get the best returns by ditching your team and going rambo, or screwing off to farm titanium- which is shared, but most ship captains warp the moment the mission is over, so if you want to collect resources you have to do it during the battle, basically ignoring the fight in order to go farm.

That... is more than disappointing. 

It's an incredibly fun game mode, but as usual it seems essential development details are missed in the planning stage. At least they thought enough to make affinity range unlimited. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Well, I can trust it'll get fixed at least. My concern is whether that'll be at the beginning of 2020... or 2021.

1 hour ago, XaoGarrent said:

Isn't rerunning a mission for bonus rewards more effective than straight farming at this point?

21 minutes ago, lighthoof said:

Isn't rerunning a mission for bonus rewards more effective than straight farming at this point?

If you have a good premade group to do things with that has a high level ship, and like getting reamed by RNG despite this, yes.

For absolutely everyone else, no.

Edited by XaoGarrent

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I always wait around on mission end for everyone to go to the base and pick up any drops there.

It's a problem for bosses though, as once you kill them and exit nobody can enter the asteroid base again (I do love that it's the regular asteroid assassination tileset though).

These tend not to be the bulk of the mission's drops, and they are planning to fix it.

3 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

most ship captains warp the moment the mission is over

Really? I played a lot with other groups and find the opposite to be true - they're far more likely to spend 10 mins scraping every resource from the map, rather than starting a new mission.

If you have a good team a new mission is much more effective, and better for Intrinsics too.