The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe needs rebalance pass

Atekron

Like they did with primary and secondary weapons, not ideal,  but suddenly we have so many choices what to play, so many dusty thing became valuable again

Warframe needs such pass because most of the game is just obsolete

DE should revisit whole game, revisit all drop tables, integrate PoE and Orb into "main" game, make bold move and introduce scaling rewards, narrow down RNG making certain loot drops in specific locations, making more nodes valuable for playing, implementing token system for sorties and ability to chose difficulty for missions

• Like 2

Yep, primaries and secondaries kind of need a pass through again like how melee got, because now most low rank melee weapons drastically outperform many guns of similar levels.

The drop tables needing a pass through is also pretty noteworthy, if only to remove or increase some of the joke rewards (hey look 80 endo from a level 30 survival mission...yay /s).

But mass reworking is long and hard work, so it will likely take a long time before they decide to do that.

• Like 1

Let's start small... like with enemy scaling, armor, and damage types.  I kind of want to see the Railjack system mosey on over into Warframe.  I think I'd appreciate it if there were no more damage weaknesses and resistances, and if the equivalent of IPS both stripped armor and increased damage (effectively reducing the health) of our enemies.

25 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Let's start small... like with enemy scaling, armor, and damage types.  I kind of want to see the Railjack system mosey on over into Warframe.  I think I'd appreciate it if there were no more damage weaknesses and resistances, and if the equivalent of IPS both stripped armor and increased damage (effectively reducing the health) of our enemies.

IIRC, this was the plan. Use Empyrean to try out a new damage model, and if it works translate it over.

1 hour ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Just one hitch in that plan though... It's hard for us to get a feel for that damage model in standard play when it's exclusive to pew-pewing fighters in space.

Don't see why. Fighters still have health and railjack weapons still do damage. Obviously it would need tuning but that's not really a hitch.

8 hours ago, Corvid said:

Don't see why. Fighters still have health and railjack weapons still do damage. Obviously it would need tuning but that's not really a hitch.

It's a hitch because we're not used to shooting starships or using weapons with built in elements and no way to change them, both concepts brand new with Empyrean.  There's no frame of reference.

We ARE used to shooting ground troops though, plenty of experience to reflect on there, but current Railjack play still uses standard Warframe elements for interior combat, not Railjack elements.  We can only say that lancers with 2500hp and 200 armor to start are mind numbing to deal with using the current damage types.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer