Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so... about the vidar reactor mkIII and the increasingly bad grind

Hiirios

8 hours ago, Aggh said:

You can play the current content with just fine with a 50 energy clan reactor.

I doubt you can solo Veil Proxima with the 50 energy clan reactor assuming you don't have a Void Hole. Sure, RNG stats are fine but it shouldn't be worse than the stock gear. It's basically an insult to the player's time. Fortunately DE have already realized it. Better late than never am I right?

Edited by DrivaMain

7 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I doubt you can solo Veil Proxima with the 50 energy clan reactor assuming you don't have a Void Hole. Sure, RNG stats are fine but it shouldn't be worse than the stock gear. It's basically an insult to the player's time. Fortunately DE have already realized it. Better late than never am I right?

I farmed gian point solo with a 45 energy zekti reactor while waiting for the clan research on the reactor to finish.  It's not hard, just tedious compared to playing with a team.

Edited by Aggh

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

This is a silly and ill-informed statement, I’m afraid. I was soloing Veil missions with a Ligma Mk 3 reactor, and just using forward guns and Particle Ram, no problem.

9 minutes ago, Hiirios said:

i have to ask this: what will happen to those who already scraped their bullcrap reactors?

i think most people scraped some if not quiet a bunch of reactors because DE thought this stupid system wasn't broken.

Hah! I got lucky and pulled a +89 Vidar in my first reactor drop, but even if it had been a trash roll, I fully planned ahead of time to keep it for at least a couple months. Before I even got a Vidar reactor, I had a feeling, I would have called it maybe 50/50 odds, that DE were going to amend reactor stats.

On 2019-12-29 at 1:56 PM, Duskham said:

>We need to crank it up so you can sort through what you want to keep.

>Still likely to get mostly Dirac or a stupid Ivara Prime Relic.

I think you kinda missed the mark again there DE.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Voltage said:

>We need to crank it up so you can sort through what you want to keep.

>Still likely to get mostly Dirac or a stupid Ivara Prime Relic.

I think you kinda missed the mark again there DE.

I agree, but I think it's even worse than that. I think DE doesn't even know what the mark is

The systems that went live with The Old Blood and now Empyrean look to me like systems made without a cohesive vision. It's like a bunch of people were quietly pulling in a bunch of slightly different directions, and nobody was able to step in and impose a clear goal. 

Something about all this is just giving me the sense that DE is ultimately letting people work on pretty much whatever they want, however they want, and hoping that any major problems with the work output can be fixed later. I'd like to be wrong about that, but right or wrong I still can't get away from the bottom line that DE is currently working in some kind of mode that not very many people are enjoying. 

I'd have an easier time remaining interested in playing the game or recommending it to others if it looked like DE had a clear plan, but right now I'm just not seeing that. I keep sorta orbiting the forums in hopes of spotting something encouraging, but I dunno. Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hah! I got lucky and pulled a +89 Vidar in my first reactor drop, but even if it had been a trash roll, I fully planned ahead of time to keep it for at least a couple months. Before I even got a Vidar reactor, I had a feeling, I would have called it maybe 50/50 odds, that DE were going to amend reactor stats.

I landed a +85 at some point, which I obviously kept. However, I was of the opposite conviction regarding DE - based on comments and posts and tweets from the powers what be, I figured they'd dig in and battle it out over the RNG loot. So I've scrapped 5 other Vidars. No idea what they might have ended up being. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe