Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so... about the vidar reactor mkIII and the increasingly bad grind

Hiirios

All I can say after seeing Goose’s tweet is “Oh, you think?”

While they’re working on the tweaks* they should probably correct the bug where Zetki is very much not the best of the best. 

* by which I hope they mean “complete re-evaluation and redesign”

Just now, SHArK-FiN said:

There is a limit between having fun in 3 hours and having a bad time for 30 hours.

Yesterday I got a vidar reactor the first time from 100+ veil runs and it only has 37 capacity.

My only one was +42. I’ll stick with a Sigma. I’ve put in a lot of time on liches; I’m not going down that road with reactors. 

I hate the RNG items as much as the next guy, but I gotta ask - if you have Veil on farm status, what do you need the extra avionics for? You already can beat the hardest RJ content, what else do you need, to be able to beat it harder?

14 hours ago, Hiirios said:

we've already seen that DE is more or less loosing players since some time and making the one thing this game is about (the gind) feel not rewarding will not make it better.

Source for this please? Or is this another "stat I pulled out of my arse to make my point seem more significant"?

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

Looks like DE still missing the point.

I don’t want rng values in the first place. So no matter drop chance is 2% 5% or 10%,  I just despite the design of it.

And of course the “final solution” for them is enable component trading, cause RNG of RNG + plat trade = 2019 best seller of steam games, that’s why.

Edited by dEjAvU5566
  • Like 1

@Mr.Fluffins, that’s precisely why people grind for these things: to do the same content even harder. It’s like everyone freaking out about losing blink, because it might cost them one tridolon run per nighttime cycle.

That’s the nature of these games: run content to get loot so you can run the same content, but faster. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Hiirios said:

i don't really know what DE could change apart from giving the reactor a better minimal avionics rating so it's at least better than the other reactors and it feels better to farm it but even then i think the grind is too much.

Simple. Get rid of the random stats entirely. They're not necessary. DE really needs to fix their gambling problem.

7 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Simple. Get rid of the random stats entirely. They're not necessary. DE really needs to fix their gambling problem.

I agree with you outside of being hyperbolic. As a whale, I could argue that I wish there was a gambling issue here because then I'd have a high capacity reactor. But alas I can not whale for one. This isn't even as bad as liches because it doesn't take 2 or so hours to roll for a new one.

Again, I agree to get rid of random stats entirely. But it's hyperbolic to call this a gambling problem. It's more like a progression or reward problem. Players like to feel rewarded for their time and maybe they should introduce something where you are always inching towards the perfect component. Black Desert recently done that but you are looking at tens of thousands of hour to accomplish it. But I guess it is something.

1 minute ago, Goodwill said:

I agree with you outside of being hyperbolic. As a whale, I could argue that I wish there was a gambling issue here because then I'd have a high capacity reactor. But alas I can not whale for one. This isn't even as bad as liches because it doesn't take 2 or so hours to roll for a new one.

Again, I agree to get rid of random stats entirely. But it's hyperbolic to call this a gambling problem. It's more like a progression or reward problem. Players like to feel rewarded for their time and maybe they should introduce something where you are always inching towards the perfect component. Black Desert recently done that but you are looking at tens of thousands of hour to accomplish it. But I guess it is something.

When I say "gambling problem", I mean it in the sense that DE don't seem to be able to make anything without putting gambling into it. Railjack components? RNG stats, RNG acquisition. Kuva "liches"? RNG upon RNG upon RNG upon RNG upon RNG.

11 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

When I say "gambling problem", I mean it in the sense that DE don't seem to be able to make anything without putting gambling into it. Railjack components? RNG stats, RNG acquisition. Kuva "liches"? RNG upon RNG upon RNG upon RNG upon RNG.

RNG and gambling are two different things. Now, I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'm saying you are being hyperbolic.

Warframe has an RNG problem, not a gambling problem. Do not conflate the two. If you want to see gambling problems, there are plenty of other places to look and Warframe ain't one of those.

Let me reiterate, I'm not saying the issue shouldn't be fixed. I'm merely saying let's not blow things out of proportion here.

Edited by Goodwill

26 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

RNG and gambling are two different things. Now, I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'm saying you are being hyperbolic.

Warframe has an RNG problem, not a gambling problem. Do not conflate the two. If you want to see gambling problems, there are plenty of other places to look and Warframe ain't one of those.

Let me reiterate, I'm not saying the issue shouldn't be fixed. I'm merely saying let's not blow things out of proportion here.

Fair enough, I suppose it depends on how you see it. My perspective is that of putting coins into an endless slot machine.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ax-Stark said:

Just got extremely lucky i guess, just got a 84+ capacity MKlll  Vidar Reactor on my first mission on the Veil with clanies who don't even own a RJ.
Do they get the reactor as well ?

they get the reactor , but the stats are different than yours.

i rolled an 82 , friend rolled 35 or something.

Nearly broke our friendship.

S#&$s worse than monopoly or uno.

Nah probably not that bad , but still not good.

Keep the rng, let us upgrade them through whatever methods (that doesn't cost plat) but takes time to earn. Apply this to everything and done, fixed game.

Use the resources we need to craft another one to upgrade our current one, let us fuse a duplicate or dismantle it and convert 10% of its stats to another item of the same house and name. You have 2 20% damage Vidar Cryo, fuse one and now you have 22% damage cryo. Repeat until maxed, solved if DE really want to keep rng stats.

Or shower us in blueprints of them, like 5 every 10 missions or so.

34 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Fair enough, I suppose it depends on how you see it. My perspective is that of putting coins into an endless slot machine.

And that's a fair enough perspective. I would assume it means that your time is as valuable as money and at certain times, I'd be incline to wholeheartedly agree with you.

If I wasn't on holidays, I may have had expressed myself in a similar way. But when I'm on holidays, I'm on couch potato mode just waiting for work to start back up again so my time on holidays I don't value as much as you may.

Edited by Goodwill

It's not the drop rate, it's the random stats that are the problem.

They could make it a 1% drop chance and lock the stats to 100 and I think we'd be ok with that.   It's a hard grind but when it does drop, boom, you got best in class for that part.  No disappointment, no low roll stats, just grofit.

If de want us to grind our as ses off for a part, fine, we're all used to that (harrow/ivara/khora anyone?).    But if when it drops the stats are so bad it makes us question whether we should even play the game, Houston, we got a problem.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Mr.Fluffins:

Source for this please? Or is this another "stat I pulled out of my arse to make my point seem more significant"?

look at the steam charts for exsample. even a big update like railjack was not able to get to a peak of 100k people. it's been an up and down overall but there is a decline in players.

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#All

8 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

I hate the RNG items as much as the next guy, but I gotta ask - if you have Veil on farm status, what do you need the extra avionics for? You already can beat the hardest RJ content, what else do you need, to be able to beat it harder?

Well yes. That's what WF is all about in general. Once you do the start chart and all the story quests, there's nothing left to do but farm for power.