Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What has changed about your Melee Builds?

(XBOX)Thang Hung

Question

Returning player here. My melee builds were probably pretty typical but, after Melee 3.0 I'm sure they are quite dated. Using primed mods of course where I can and Rivens when I have one, my typical builds are below. I'm curious how much things have changed with things like Condition Overload, Blood Rush, Maiming Strike. Have they changed enough for you to alter your build? If so what mods are you now using in their place?

Typical Crit Build:

Pressure Point, Reach, Beserker, Blood Rush

Fever Strike, Shocking Touch, Body Count, Organ Shatter

Typical Status Build:

Pressure Point, Reach, Fury, Condition Overload

60/60, 60/60, 60/60, Drifting Contact

12 answers to this question

1 minute ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

The main change...no more use of Maiming Strike.
The other change, mostly using CO instead of PPP.
Other than that...not a lot of changes unless you want to go for a heavy attack build instead of a regular attack build.

I haven't quite gotten the heavy attack thing down yet. Usually someone has already killed whatever it is I'm lining up for a heavy attack and I just swing at the air where the enemy used to be lol. 

You are using CO in place of PPP? What are you using in the newly freed up spot if this is the case?

1 minute ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

I haven't quite gotten the heavy attack thing down yet. Usually someone has already killed whatever it is I'm lining up for a heavy attack and I just swing at the air where the enemy used to be lol. 

You are using CO in place of PPP? What are you using in the newly freed up spot if this is the case?

Yeah I don't really like the heavy attack usage, but some people love it and I do see it does great damage, so I thought I'd mention it.

Usually more crit damage, if the weapon has a decent crit chance anyway.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

What has changed about your Melee Builds?

Before I preferred pure status - that is dead now.

I'd like to use Weeping Wounds and Blood Rush for bleeds, but I frequently lose my combo to heavy attacks.

I despise heavy attacks.

Glaives are broken and Bullet dance doesn't feel good to use.

Not much left. Currently using a Paracesis with stacked attack speed and crit. At least it kills liches, sentients and crewship reactors easily.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

@SortaRandom That is hilarious because that was exactly my setup when I logged back in! Plague Kripath with Twirling Spire. Mind sharing your Orthos build with me?

I've been using a standard hybrid build with a comfortable amount of attack speed, and as much Range as possible.

Naramon version (~infinite combo duration, 100% status, pure Slash):
9KEgpPl.png

Zenurik version (decent combo duration, status, and Slash ratio):
m0hsuNb.png

I want my hitboxes to be as wide as possible, so having both Primed Reach and Spring-Loaded Blade is practically mandatory for me. Shimmering Blight has a simple moveset with decent multipliers, wide hitboxes, and excellent mobility; and Primed Fury gives a very comfortable amount of speed for this stance (Berserker introduces motion sickness for me). 
I also have Arcane Fury on my warframes for a bit of added base damage (so that oneshotting weak enemies is easier), and a status shotgun (e.g. Phantasma with Vicious Spread) to soften up extremely tanky enemies. The whole thing pairs particularly well with frames like Wukong (sprays Phantasma passively) and Rhino (increased bleed damage thanks to Roar double-dipping on procs).

End result is an extremely mobile, wide-ranged helicopter propeller of armor-ignoring goodness. is nice 👌

Edited by SortaRandom

I’ve dumped Bloodrush entirely in favor of using Sacrificial Steel. 70% crit and the ability to use heavy attacks without penalty is pretty great. Or 100% crit on some higher end crit weapons.

Broken War is now on a side-grade to regular War, if not better in some ways. It’s amazing weapon now, and I love it.

Ditched pressure point on most of my melees, which coincidentally are now all hybrid weapons, in favor of just CO. Put Primed Reach in its place, helps out for not missing with heavy attacks.

Oh and put more attack speed on Exalted Umbra Blade. That’s the other major difference I guess.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

Any further ideas or builds anyone would like to add to this thread are greatly appreciated. 

Try True Punishment with the Redeemer Prime in a usual crit build with Blood rush (whatever elemental you like.) Use sacrificial mods as the crit boosts from them are insane now.

Shoot.

12x combo multiplier in less than a second.

Pull out a heavy attack. Easy red crits.

Also, I've heard Redeemer prime now oneshots eidelon limbs. Haven't got the chance to test it myself yet though.

Edited by Aadi880