Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenebrous Ephmera Grind is Painful

EzioTheEagle

10 hours ago, EzioTheEagle said:

But in this case, the grind is the worst bcoz of so many rng layers : 1. those particular rooms need to spawn , 2. Red crates have to spawn netween red and yellow , 3. The ephemera has to drop from the red crate

You forgot a layer: if it is chosen to spawn, it has to spawn in the sentient ship and not in the grineer tileset. If it spawns in the secondary objective (if there is one, which there USUALLY is), you'll get a grineer rare or reinforced container with only a possibility of Umbra forma as the "good" loot. But during anomaly, most people don't even bother to check because that can also be found during normal veil gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

You forgot a layer: if it is chosen to spawn, it has to spawn in the sentient ship and not in the grineer tileset. If it spawns in the secondary objective (if there is one, which there USUALLY is), you'll get a grineer rare or reinforced container with only a possibility of Umbra forma as the "good" loot. But during anomaly, most people don't even bother to check because that can also be found during normal veil gameplay.

Wait what... I dint know that trust me.. 

U mean the secondary objectives like 'destroy the ship killer platform' has a chance to drop umbra forma? 

I thought the red crate in sentient ship drops that.. 

Thnx for this info dude 

55 minutes ago, EzioTheEagle said:

U mean the secondary objectives like 'destroy the ship killer platform' has a chance to drop umbra forma? 

Both reinforced grineer and red winged crates can drop umbra forma. Red and yellow wing can drop captura. Only red winged can drop ephemera. Umbra drop chances are silly low, of course, in either.

Here's a refenforced grineer I found a few days ago actually in a shipkiller. Didn't have an umbra forma, but there have been multiple confirmations from other people that it has.

Spoiler

Warframe-2020-01-06-14-23-50-38.png

1 hour ago, Vaeldious said:

you'll get a grineer rare or reinforced container with only a possibility of Umbra forma as the "good" loot. But during anomaly, most people don't even bother to check because that can also be found during normal veil gameplay.

You still need to run hundreds to thousands of runs to get 1 to spawn, the Umbra Forma drop from the containers are also not guaranteed. Making the grind even worse.

2 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

Umbra drop chances are silly low, of course, in either.

Here's a refenforced grineer I found a few days ago actually in a shipkiller. Didn't have an umbra forma, but there have been multiple confirmations from other people that it has.

Hide contents

Warframe-2020-01-06-14-23-50-38.png

When i found that Grineer Crate, i got nothing but Resources but when i found my second red winged one at Anomaly, i got the Umbra Forma BP. Highly doubt Umbra Formas drop in the rare Grineer Crates.

10 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Highly doubt Umbra Formas drop in the rare Grineer Crates.

Not rare (T3), talking about Reinforced (T4). While for a brief period before 27.0.3 (Dec 16th), they did drop on earth, that was corrected. 

This was posted Dec 14th, however OP found it in a Grineer reinforced container in the Veil (not Earth). The patch notes only mention that the accidental dropping was done on Earth. This is the closest thing to a confirmation I've seen, but it still is before the hotfix.

*We've made a change related to the Umbra Forma Blueprint reward. These are an intentional reward drop for Railjack missions in the Veil Proxima region (harder enemies, better rewards)! Wires got crossed to have it drop on Earth, which is not intentional.

Spoiler

Wiki, under "Acquisition", which does not distinguish between Grineer or Sentient:

Umbra Forma blueprints can be acquired from reinforced crates in Empyrean missions on Veil Proxima.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Umbra_Forma

Additionally, the wiki page of Storage Containers (Reinforced) listed them as a drop, but once again doesn't distinguish between Grineer or Sentient.

The only other information I've seen is on the same wiki pages in the comments from after the hotfix, however it does not show which type, only says with an end-mission summary:

Drops from Reinforced Crates

Looks like you were actually in that squad, so I'd assume this one was from a Sentient container.

Spoiler

WakbZui.png

There has been one or two confirmed reports of Umbra Forma dropping from Reinforced Sentient Containers (T4/Red Winged, counting your reports), but that is with an insanely large amount of people looking for those specific containers. Grineer Reinforced containers don't nearly have as many people out looking for them. All that said, the information is really inconclusive, as there is simply not enough data to either confirm or rule it out. Without direct confirmation from DE or it being on the official drop table link, it's really anyone's guess.

Personally, from what I've seen, it does seem to suggest that it could be either. 

2 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

Not rare (T3), talking about Reinforced (T4). While for a brief period before 27.0.3 (Dec 16th), they did drop on earth, that was corrected. 

This was posted Dec 14th, however OP found it in a Grineer reinforced container in the Veil (not Earth). The patch notes only mention that the accidental dropping was done on Earth. This is the closest thing to a confirmation I've seen, but it still is before the hotfix.

Hide contents

Wiki, under "Acquisition", which does not distinguish between Grineer or Sentient:

Additionally, the wiki page of Storage Containers (Reinforced) listed them as a drop, but once again doesn't distinguish between Grineer or Sentient.

The only other information I've seen is on the same wiki pages in the comments from after the hotfix, however it does not show which type, only says with an end-mission summary:

Looks like you were actually in that squad, so I'd assume this one was from a Sentient container.

Hide contents

WakbZui.png

There has been one or two confirmed reports of Umbra Forma dropping from Reinforced Sentient Containers (T4/Red Winged, counting your reports), but that is with an insanely large amount of people looking for those specific containers. Grineer Reinforced containers don't nearly have as many people out looking for them. All that said, the information is really inconclusive, as there is simply not enough data to either confirm or rule it out. Without direct confirmation from DE or it being on the official drop table link, it's really anyone's guess.

Personally, from what I've seen, it does seem to suggest that it could be either. 

Yeah 2 or 3 reports being confirmed about Umbra Forma dropping from the Reinforced Containers out of, millions of Players i think. Pretty crazy but yeah the Reinforced Containers was what i found specifically in Veil then for both Anomaly and a Grineer Objective Tower while only getting one from Anomaly of course.

7 hours ago, EzioTheEagle said:

Wait what... I dint know that trust me.. 

I thought the red crate in sentient ship drops that.. 

Thnx for this info dude 

No. The rare containers of the Derelicts in the Veil have the chance to have the Umbra Forma BP. Not the Grineer Bases.