Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1/16/2020 hotfix just broke my game. Says I'm offline.

(NSW)KvotheKingKiller

Same issue. Works on my mobile hotspot, but not my main network. Been using the same wifi connection since launch and now I can't join squads unless I use my hotspots. Tried literally every possible solution attempt on this thread to no avail.

Hi everyone, Just letting you know this bug seems to be happening on other platforms as well. It happened to me a few days ago and still can't fix it and I'm on PC. The problem started when my friend and I went to the duel room in the dojo and the thing wouldn't work and after that we can't invite each other and it say's we are offline even though we can talk in clan chat, whisper and even trade in person.

I only found this post by accident because I'm still looking for solutions to fix it for PC.  Anyway, best of luck to everyone who has this issue and hope you all find a way to fix this annoying bug.

My cousin's been having the same issue. Thing is like....once in a blue moon he'll log in and itll be FINE. It'll work for a few hours flawlessly. (This happened last night.) Then for the rest of the time he has the patience to keep trying- alll his friends are offline. We can't play together.

I sent a support ticket, gave me the same exact DNS settings that's on here which dont work, I replied back and I'm still waiting on them to respond... they updated the game again for railjack stuff and other things today but they couldn't patch this bug which is ridiculous... it's been about 21 days since the Empyrean update/hotfix and it's getting quite annoying.

I cant invite, be invited, I'm offline just as everyone else is offline in my friends list yet I'm still able to talk through the chat, playing solo for almost a month now and I'm just about done waiting. Game is almost just about unplayable.

They've got nothing from what I'm seeing so far on this bug and this might be a long while till they fix this issue or I could be wrong and they are aware. 

i have not done this yet but the other day I got this advice from [DE]Nate at the support desk they want to test this too

Hello Rick_Saissore,

Can you please clear the Warframe cache on your Nintendo Switch?

1. From the home screen go System Settings
  2. Select Data Managment
  3. Select Delete Save Data then Warframe
  4. Finally, select Delete All Save Data for this Software

Note: This will not delete your account or progress in the game

To update your Switch:

1. Select System Settings from the HOME menu
  2. Scroll down to System and select System Update.

Note: The speed of your internet connection will determine the time this takes. Make sure to plug in your Switch and DO NOT SHUT DOWN YOUR CONSOLE DURING THIS PROCESS.

this was copy and pasted from my support ticket. I will be testing this myself later today. if anyone does this before i get to it I would love a reply to this post I will be getting online today. if anyone wants to send a friend request we can try to link and talk with discord I will be in Volty's Home in the general voice around 1700 MST

22 hours ago, (NSW)Rick_Saissore said:

i have not done this yet but the other day I got this advice from [DE]Nate at the support desk they want to test this too

Hello Rick_Saissore,

Can you please clear the Warframe cache on your Nintendo Switch?

1. From the home screen go System Settings
  2. Select Data Managment
  3. Select Delete Save Data then Warframe
  4. Finally, select Delete All Save Data for this Software

Note: This will not delete your account or progress in the game

To update your Switch:

1. Select System Settings from the HOME menu
  2. Scroll down to System and select System Update.

Note: The speed of your internet connection will determine the time this takes. Make sure to plug in your Switch and DO NOT SHUT DOWN YOUR CONSOLE DURING THIS PROCESS.

this was copy and pasted from my support ticket. I will be testing this myself later today. if anyone does this before i get to it I would love a reply to this post I will be getting online today. if anyone wants to send a friend request we can try to link and talk with discord I will be in Volty's Home in the general voice around 1700 MST

Tried it on my switch and my room mate's, we both logged in a few minutes apart, still listed as offline to each other.

Now my settings are reset, too. 😞

On 2020-02-08 at 9:26 AM, (NSW)CullenW said:

I am still having this issue and it makes trading near impossible...

I've been able to trade at Maroo's Bazaar with people that I can no longer play with/see online, it's a little finicky but it always was for me anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
This was the last thing he had me do to try to fix this issue but it did not fix the issue. I do not recommend doing this unless you are very tech and network savvy. I have a friend who does networking for a living he concluded the problem is not on our side( myself and my wife) we live in an apartment complex and he suspects that all users in the complex have the same outbound IP check ipchicken for your outbound IP. So the issue might be that it cant tell the difference with multiple consoles on the same outbound IP like in apartment complexes. 

also sorry for the long post.

"[DE]TyroneFebruary 22, 2020 11:54

Hello Rick_Saissore,

Sorry for the delay!

It seems that the issue you are having with Warframe may be related to your modem/router's ability to send and received information. Can you please follow these instructions to port forward your router? This should be the same or similar to routers and for modem/router 2-in-1 units, i.e. even if you only have one box/unit.

• On the bottom of your router you will see a sticker that should tell you the company name and product name of the router you are currently using.

?name=Tp_Link_TL_WR841N_back_view_2.jpg

• With this information, please do a search for your router's User Manual online in Google, e.g. ROUTERNAME user manual

• Once you have this, you should be able to find port forwarding and UPNP in the Table of Contents. If it is a readable document you can also use the Find Command (Ctrl+F) and search for the same terms.

• Before the next step, please search for Command Prompt on your computer. This can easily be done by typing in CMD into your Windows Search Bar in the Start Menu.

• In Command Prompt please type ipconfig, exactly as you see it. This will tell you the IPv4 which is your machine's Local IP. You will use this information to set the ports to this address.

?name=Ipconfig.JPG

• You should now be able to simply follow the instructions in your User Manual to create the correct port fowarding profile using the ports below. Here is an example of what your router page may look like:

?name=TP-Link_SS_new.jpg

These instructions will include your router's address (e.g. 192.168.1.120), how to logon to your router (user name and password) and where you can find the relevant pages.

Here are the necessary ports:
UDP: 4950, 4955
TCP: 6695 - 6699

• Please ensure that each of these ports is in the correct protocol (i.e. UDP in UDP, TCP in TCP) and also ensure that the ports match, both in your router settings, and in-game under Networking Options.

• Now using the instructions you found earlier, please disable UPnP in your router's settings. After doing this, now is a good time to ensure that you have also disabled the UPnP and NAT-PMP settings in Warframe. This will ensure that our port forwarding settings are free to work as intended.

?name=in-game_settings.png

• Once done, please restart your computer/console.

Please let me know if this helps. Thank you!

~[DE]Tyrone"

• 2 weeks later...

The medium of communication is irrelevant (fiber vs copper).  The important thing is the hardware that interprets the signals and passes the data packets to their intended destination.  The above instructions are for configuring a router.  Many consumer devices are actually bundled hardware that contain a router, a wireless access point, and a switch.  Many DSL/Cable modems even come bundled with similar features.  You'll need to have a look at your hardware to find out which one contains the router that is handling your home network.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-06 at 8:24 PM, (NSW)Rick_Saissore said:
This was the last thing he had me do to try to fix this issue but it did not fix the issue. I do not recommend doing this unless you are very tech and network savvy. I have a friend who does networking for a living he concluded the problem is not on our side( myself and my wife) we live in an apartment complex and he suspects that all users in the complex have the same outbound IP check ipchicken for your outbound IP. So the issue might be that it cant tell the difference with multiple consoles on the same outbound IP like in apartment complexes.

your friend is absolutely right. currently WF can not reliably distinguish multiple instances on the same network.
if you show my workaround to your friend, maybe he can set up a quick&dirty fix for you, until DE fixes this.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1195761-bug-matchmaking-nat-and-general-networking-bug-with-a-possible-workaround/

also, this issue exists for a very long time now:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/649-port-forwarding/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/712-its-broken/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1618-friends-offline-problem/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178302-friendlist-offline-cannot-invite-players-due-to-appearing-offline/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1193687-clients-get-kicked-out-of-the-party-at-the-start-of-mission/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1194400-losing-connection-to-hosts-upon-loading-into-map/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1195332-online-friends-list-broken/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1195636-i-cant-see-my-friends-in-friendlist-and-i-appears-offline-to-them/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1195728-unable-to-invite-friends-to-session/

On 2020-05-24 at 5:05 PM, SunBlade_ger said:

I strongly recommend you forward your findings and workaround to someone at [DE]. I know they are listening and watching, I was contacted by DE (i wont say who) to help me fix it and we did a bunch of tests which I felt like helped them diagnose the problem but it's been a few months since and radio silence. I understand dev cycles and even known problems may not be fixed immediately, but i am hopeful. They are our biggest ally and it was very pleasant dealing with DE. They are canadians after all 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I wanted to add to this thread. The issue is still ongoing on the Nintendo Switch. Both my friend and I downloaded Warframe a few days ago and neither of us have showed up as "online" to the either one. We've tried closing the software and restarting, restarting the switch/router/modem, changing the connection options in settings (i.e. Port, Ping, etc.), nothing. We can still chat but that's about it. I can still join public matches.

Please, we would really like to be able to play the game together.

Archived