Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DojoCAD: a mobile-friendly dojo designer

Buff00n

hX6yxBA.png

https://buff0000n.github.io/dojocad/

Now you know what I've been doing for the last month :)

This app lets you build a "valid' dojo layout, taking into account not only the usual energy and capacity stuff, but also the actual room boundaries and room-specific constraints.  Features include: snapping room doors together, multiple floor support, and exporting to PNG.  My goal was to make something you could use on a phone.

Demo video:

Spoiler

I try to go over the basics in the video but there is much more documentation built into the app: Click the '?' button in the corner.  I think it's complete enough to call v1.0, but I have a long list of To Do's and known issues at the bottom of the documentation.

All the boundaries have been found by in-game experiment, waypoint measurement, or straight-up guesswork.  I've tried to err on the side of caution, but I'm always interested in in-game examples of where they might be wrong on way or another.

I've tried to test this out in a bunch of browsers, let me know if you notice weirdness in yours.  In particular I'm interested in how well this works on iPhones, because I don't have one to test on.

Leave feedback here or in git: https://github.com/buff0000n/dojoarch/issues/2
Bug reports: https://github.com/buff0000n/dojocad/issues/new

Thanks to @AeliosZero!
His designer: https://aelioszero.itch.io/warframe-dojo-designer

Updates:

Spoiler

v1.1: 2020-01-19

• Added compression for the model string, it saves about 30-50% on the sise of URLs. All old URLs will still work (thanks u/Almagnus1)
  • Added wall displays for the Dry Dock 1 floor below and 3 floors above to make it more clear that you can't build any rooms there (thanks u/Almagnus1)
  • Adjusted rules for Hall prerequisites and added a new rule to make sure you have at least one hall (Thanks u/yarl5000)
  • Fixed lower boundary for Dry Dock (thanks @KCToxic)
  • Fixed boundary for Crimson Branch (thanks KingOfYou115 and u/Ramarr)
  • Fixed the constraint on Obstacle Course Architect rooms to 5 instead of 3 (thanks u/Alighierian)
  • Added some keyboard shortcuts (thanks Kisutora):
    • Pressing R will now rotate the selected room. Note that this also works while dragging the room. Absolutely do not hold the R key down it is definitely not fun at all 😉
    • Pressing D will now duplicate the selected room.

v1.2: 2020-02-06

• Added my best guess at the old, discontinued rooms. Note that the dimensions, bounds and stats for these rooms are speculative at best. (thanks @ShadowMageAlpha, u/Ramarr)
  • Added a less severe Warning system, currently only applies to the presence of discontinued rooms
  • Added map icons for things that have map icons in-game
  • Implemented auto-scrolling when dragging a room near the boundary of the window.
  • Overhauled the menus, adding icons and close buttons and drop shadows and other cool crap.
  • Added visible door markers when moving a room.

v1.3: 2020-02-09

• Now showing rooms that are not on the current floor in the background in gray. Selecting a room now always goes to the floor that room is on. (thanks (PC) .--._---_.--_._.-)
  • Shift-clicking a room automatically selects it for dragging, so you don't have to click every twice to move a bunch of rooms in a row.

v1.4: 2020-02-13

• Implemented undo/redo.

v1.4.1: 2020-03-20

• Updated the boundary on the Obstacle Course Architect room (thanks yodaxep)

v1.4.2: 2020-04-27

• Updated the Observatory bounds, they appear to have knocked a few meters off the back in the recent update

v1.4.3: 2020-06-05

• Updated the bounds on the Crimson Branch yet again and slightly updated the bounds on the Chem Lab (thanks zaza7)

v1.4.4: 2020-06-11

• Added the Open Space room

v1.4.5: 2020-07-03

• Tweaked the bounds on the Obstacle Course Architect and Open Space rooms after further testing. The Inspiration Hall now shows up on the floor above it in game.

v1.4.5: 2020-08-30

• Added the Entrati Audience Chamber room

v1.4.7: 2020-09-10

• Oh, Inspiration Halls can be spawn points

v1.4.8: 2020-09-22

• Apparently the Entradi Audience Chamber can also be a spawn point

v1.4.9: 2020-09-23

• Taking a few bites out of the starter hall bounding box (thanks wingcobob)

v1.5.0: 2020-10-29

• Added a room counter for individual room types (thanks Vash)
  • Added resources

v1.5.1: 2020-11-19

• Added the Infested Chamber after disabling all the safety features in my drawing tool.

v1.5.2: 2020-11-19

• Tweaked the Tenno Lab bounds (thanks ---EGG---Fantoman)

v1.5.3: 2020-12-24

• Fixed the ceiling bounds on the Entradi Audience Chamber and Infested Chamber (thanks gyrozco)

v1.5.4: 2021-01-24

• Fixed the bounds on the Orokin Lab (thanks zaza7)

v1.5.5: 2021-02-09

• Fixed the bounds on the Large Garden (thanks @AeliosZero)

v1.5.6: 2021-03-19

• Removed the build dependencies between clan halls
  • Added the Starlight Market

v1.5.7: 2021-03-30:

• The Infested Hall and Starlight Market require 5 energy instead of 2 for some reason (Thanks @Smerkut)

v2.0: 2021-04-04

• Multiselect, copy/paste
  • Labels
  • Color coding

• Fixed the bounds on the Entrati Audience Chamber, Infested Chamber, and Starlight Market (thanks @kukurbis and @AeliosZero)
  • Fixed resources on the Dry Dock and Crimson Branch

• Hue and saturation and luminance and bears, oh my
  • Adding slightly different images for the open space's and inspiration hall's appearance on adjacent floors

v2.1: 2021-05-14

• Fixed a bunch of issues with selecting across floors and added more ways to do it.
  • Fixing total resources not decreasing when you delete a room (thanks flieee)

v2.1.2: 2021-05-30

• Fixed the Observatory bounds yet again (thanks CobaltRat)

v2.1.3: 2021-06-15

• Fixed a number of bugs with duplicating/copying rooms across floors (thanks Kavukamari)

v2.1.4: 2021-07-06

• Added the Ventkids' Bash Lab

v2.1.6: 2021-07-09

• Added size slider for labels

v2.1.7: 2021-07-09

• Fixed the Clan Hall bounds (Thanks adrienne)
  • Fixed the Bash Lab prerequisite

v2.2: 2021-08-10

• Added a spawn point marker and connectedness checking
  • Added local storage for saving layouts
  • Added settings menu with settings for showing other floors, showing map markers, and autosave

v2.3: 2021-08-31

• Structure mode: tree display, loop checking, loop resolving, basic branch analysis

V2.3.3: 2021-10-19

V2.3.4: 2021-10-20

• Fixed Bash Lab bounds again, along with Elevator bounds (thanks @KrauszerII)

V2.3.5: 2021-11-13

• Fixed Bash Lab bounds again again, along with Chem Lab and starter Clan Hall bounds (thanks Dash, apparently)

V2.3.6: 2021-11-18

• Fixed Bash Lab bounds again again AGAIN, and fixed the bounds on the Observatory, Elevator, and all connectors (thanks adrienne, Imperial Salamander, deathbybolt, KrauszerII, Dash, apparently, and probably a ton more)

V2.3.7: 2021-11-27

• Took a closer look at the Dry Dock sub-basement bounds

V2.3.8: 2021-12-09

• Added an old room I've never seen before

V2.3.9: 2022-01-12

• Updated Barracks outline, bounds are still the same.

v2.4.0: 2022-01-15

• Added a Clan Affinity room counter (thanks @Vash)

v2.4.1: 2022-01-16

• Made a massive but almost unnoticeable optimization to scrolling/zooming
  • increased the maximum zoom out, allowing more finer-grained zooms in the URL
  • Shortening big numbers in the layout stats section at the bottom

v2.4.1: 2022-01-27

• Added an extra, barely noticeable bounding box for the second floor of the Temple of Honor (thanks id)

v2.4.3: 2022-02-08

• Re-measured literally everything and updated the bounds on eight rooms, including the Bash Lab which has tiny bounding box just for the light tunnel, and the Duelling Room which is just slightly, slightly less than square (thanks CookiesRUs and Dash, apparently)

v2.4.3: 2022-02-08

• Added Earth Forest Chamber and Uranus Chamber.

v2.5: 2022-02-12

• Added Clan Tier tracker, broke Barracks into four separate rooms because there actually is a difference.

v2.5.1: 2022-02-14

• Fixed the ceiling level on the Forest Chamber (thanks ZiuNto)

v2.5.2: 2022-02-14

• Since you can't put anything immediately above it, added an image for the floor above the Forest Chamber.
  • Fixed seams in the Structure Mode tree lines on 6-door and 10-door halls that literally only I would notice. It was bugging me, okay?

v2.5.3: 2022-02-22

• Fixed the bounds on the Obstacle Course Architect and updated the display on the Open Space, the former is shorter than the latter by 2m (thanks ZiuNto).

v2.5.4: 2022-02-27

• Oh, you can't use the Tree room, Uranus room, or the freaking Starlight Market as spawn rooms. Because of reasons. (thanks BabyKurama's B.U.A)

v2.5.5: 2022-03-12

• Fixed the bounds on the Tenno Lab (thanks MostlyRhyme)

v2.5.6: 2022-03-14

• Updated bounds on the Dry Dock by being a crazy person

v2.5.7: 2022-03-15

• Added Kuva Asteroid and Orokin Tower Chamber, fixed ceiling bounds on the other halls

v2.5.8: 2022-03-20

• Updated bounds on the starter Clan Hall (thanks manuelando)

v2.5.9: 2022-04-03

• Adjusted bounds on the Open Space (thanks ZiuNto)

v2.5.10: 2022-05-21

• Adjusted front bounds on the Open Space by one freakin' meter (thanks 5184)

v2.5.11: 2022-06-14

• Adjusted vertical bounds on the Open Space and Obstacle Course Architect's entrance halls (thanks Strayspark7)

v2.5.12: 2022-07-05

• Added a visual marker for the piece of glass on the Starlight Market that clips into the adjacent room (thanks @XHADgaming)

v2.5.13: 2022-08-28

• Noticed my testbed was broken and had to adjust the bounds on the Open Space, Obstacle Course Architect, Elevator, and Observatory

v2.5.13: 2022-09-07

• Removed the piece of glass on the Starlight Market that clips into the adjacent room, because apparently all I had to do to get that fixed was put it in DojoCAD

v2.5.15: 2022-11-02

• Added Ostron Cove

v2.5.16: 2023-02-15

• Added Galleon Chamber

v2.5.17: 2023-02-19

• Added overall room counts for room categories in the Add Room menu (thanks Cephalon_Elyksis)

v2.5.18: 2023-04-27

• Added Duviri Cove, also alphabetized and split the Theme Room menu into two menus. There are ten frickin' theme halls now.

v2.5.19: 2023-07-27

• Added Courtier's Bliss and Harbinger's Pass.

v2.6: 2023-08-04

• Fixing bounds on Courtier's Bliss and Harbinger's Pass, implementing a whole new routine around bounds checking because the bounds on these two rooms don't make sense specifically when paired against the Dry Dock. (thanks BobVonBob, justawarframeuser)

v2.6.1: 2023-08-11

• After testing in a second account, tweaked the bounds on the Dry Dock and simplified the bounds on Courtier's Bliss and Harbinger's Pass.

v2.6.2: 2023-08-14

• Fixed the rookie copy/paste mistake with the Duviri Cave structure (thanks ZiuNto)

v2.6.4: 2023-09-10

• Oh look there's also an old elbow connecter because of course there is

v2.6.5: 2023-08-13

• Added Dagath room, preliminary until I can get back to my PC

v2.6.7: 2023-08-23

• Fixed duplicate option on room menu so it preserves rotation when just a single room is selected (thanks Dizzzy12)
  • Re-drew Dagath's Hollow because it was terrible. Yeesh.
  • Added a lab icon for Dagath's Hollow because somebody has to
  • Adjusted bounds on the old Obstacle Course and the Chem Lab. You can place the Chem Lab and the Energy lab so close to the Obstacle Course that their walls clip into it. (thanks Dreamwalk3r)
  • Added a marker for the huge fog plane below the Obstacle Course that extends past its bounds and into the next room if it's big enough.

v2.6.7: 2023-08-23

• Added markers for the console location in all the halls (thanks likilike)
  • Got some help testing the old room boundaries (huge thanks to @x-cessive)

v2.7: 2024-01-07

• Added an explicit Arrival Gate marker to make it clear that it's different from the Spawn Room, renaming a million "Spawn Point"s to "Spawn Room" (thanks Dilgins)

v3.0: 2024-02-22

• Changed link format to put the layout data into a URL anchor instead of a query parameter, which simplifies a lot of things around opening very large layout links. Old URLs still work, and will be converted to the new format on load.
  • Added bad translations for all the languages officially supported by Warframe
  • Added better sizing and scrollbar support to popup menus (backported from Shawzinscore)

v3.0.1: 2024-03-05

• Added quick menus to some of the bottom stat displays for adding related rooms

v3.1.0: 2024-03-12

• Got a lot of translation help for Korean, French, German, and Portuguese.
  • I also did a pass myself over all the room and resource names.
    • This involved taking a bunch of unreasonably high-resolution screenshots in different languages, building a quick OCR system with Python, OpenCV, and Tesseract, and painstakingly double-checking it because it's not that great.
  • Broke out the generic large garden and generic small garden rooms into separate gardens because they have different resource requirements. (thanks hedgehog2k)

v3.1.2: 2024-04-13

• Shoved decoration capacity into the resources pop-up (thanks Jack, null_id)
Edited by Buff00n
v3.1.2
  • Like 24

This builder is very nice, easy to use even without instructions, and it's really easy to recreate an existing dojo with it. The room number, energy, and capacity numbers at the bottom are really helpful. Will you be adding icons like those in the in-game map legend?

I do think that the observatory or dry dock have the wrong height measures in the tool, because I recreated my dojo exactly how it looks in game but the tool throws a collision where it's actually valid in game. Could be a measurement issue or the game being unusually lenient with my dry dock's depth, or me accidentally borking it. 

Instead of dumping a bunch of images I have an imgur gallery comparing maps, with the images I was using as reference to build the map (which I can retake if they're hard to read): https://imgur.com/a/bZl5hBM

That aside, seriously great tool.

44 minutes ago, KCToxic said:

I do think that the observatory or dry dock have the wrong height measures in the tool, because I recreated my dojo exactly how it looks in game but the tool throws a collision where it's actually valid in game. Could be a measurement issue or the game being unusually lenient with my dry dock's depth, or me accidentally borking it. 

Instead of dumping a bunch of images I have an imgur gallery comparing maps, with the images I was using as reference to build the map (which I can retake if they're hard to read): https://imgur.com/a/bZl5hBM

Interesting.  I specifically tested my Observatory two floors below the Dry Dock and the game wouldn't let me place it, but now that I look at it again it was the bottom of an elevator on the floor above that was blocking the observatory.  I added an extended hallway to go past the elevator and now it will fit like this.  I can adjust that.

However, in that same spot the game won't allow me to place an Obstacle Course.  The Obstacle Course is definitely shorter than an Observatory:  I can build an Observatory on top of an Obstacle Course but I can't build an Observatory on top of an Observatory.  This would be a problem, but if you've taken decorator mode outside the Dry Dock then you've seen that it has two different bottom levels: 

Spoiler

HhdbEZA.jpg

The area in the front by the doors is 80m 72m below ground level.  But the area towards the back is clearly deeper.  The Obstacle course is a bit wider than the Observatory, so this must mean that deeper section starts further towards the front.  I'm assuming this extra area contains that little sphere down there that comprises the Dry Dock's skybox.  I already have the Dry Dock's bounds split into two boxes, so I can just adjust the deeper one to start closer to the front.

This is the kind of detective work I've had to do a lot of.

Thanks for the correction!  I've committed the changes, does that fix it for you?

v1.1: 2020-01-19

• Added compression for the model string, it saves about 30-50% on the sise of URLs. All old URLs will still work (thanks u/Almagnus1)
  • Added wall displays for the Dry Dock 1 floor below and 3 floors above to make it more clear that you can't build any rooms there (thanks u/Almagnus1)
  • Adjusted rules for Hall prerequisites and added a new rule to make sure you have at least one hall (Thanks u/yarl5000)
  • Fixed lower boundary for Dry Dock (thanks @KCToxic)
  • Fixed boundary for Crimson Branch (thanks KingOfYou115 and u/Ramarr)
  • Fixed the constraint on Obstacle Course Architect rooms to 5 instead of 3 (thanks u/Alighierian)

Added some keyboard shortcuts (thanks Kisutora):

• Pressing R will now rotate the selected room. Note that this also works while dragging the room. Absolutely do not hold the R key down it is definitely not fun at all ;)
  • Pressing D will now duplicate the selected room.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

v1.4.4: 2020-06-11

• Added the Open Space room

It's actually a little disappointing.  It appears to be the exact same size and shape as the Obstacle Course Architect room, except that the Open Space room extends an extra floor up and down.

• 3 weeks later...