Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can liches lie?

Sunai_Moonswing

Question

9 answers to this question

They are supposed to take more damage when using elements they are weak against but this don't matter much due to their armor type, or atleast, they might have a small effect on them. You'll probably see better result if you use both the weakness and corrosive but the best option is always to use corrosive unless the lich has an immunity towards it.

A Lich has a lot of armor. It may have a resistance to heat, but heat procs still strip armor. Viral of course doesn't. Which is why you were having more success with heat regardless of the resistance.

In general, go for Corrosive + whatever a Lich it's weakness is. Simply due to the armor.

tl;dr is that the Resistances/Weakensses of Liches are applied on top of their normal Health Types..... so their normal Health Type Modifiers are still more important than whatever it says on the Lich menu and those can be basically ignored unless the Lich is immune to Damage Types it is normally weak to.

1 hour ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

A Lich has a lot of armor. It may have a resistance to heat, but heat procs still strip armor. Viral of course doesn't. Which is why you were having more success with heat regardless of the resistance.

Liches are immune to procs

4 hours ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

I switched berzerker out for virulent scourge. 

Is that ALL you changed? That sounds like you accidentally switched to Gas damage instead of Viral

(to answer the thread topic, Liches can lie in one specific way: Liches wear Ferrite armor. This means that they are always weak to Corrosive so long as they aren't outright immune to it. Even if they "resist" Corrosive, the Ferrite's weakness is more powerful than the RNG "resistance")

Double and triple checked both the lich's stats and my weapon's. I did switch from fire to viral. 

I did kill him, and take screenshots of both his stats and my weapons' mods. 

EDIT: I checked again... I replaced Primed pressure point with condition overload. Sorry everyone! 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing