Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Tenebrous Ephemera acquisition

Vespilan

33 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

This only holds up for incredibly scummy games (I'm talking the Loot Wars: Buggyfront 2 kind of scum). Warframe has and for many items still is very good about this, you're correct that DE isn't EA.

But when you have an exclusive item that shows up in a Reinforced crate (roughly 1% chance to spawn at all, in a random location) and that only drops from that crate 33% of the time, in a mission that only comes around every three hours, you're looking at a LOT of runs. Conversely, moving the Tenebrous to Little Duck has reduced the grind to a mere 15 runs, or less if you also get a second shard from various sources (Smeeta Kavat, end-of-mission drop table, etc.)

The change to the ephemera was definitely good. I'm just talking in general. If they changed the ephemera to ~300 runs or whatever the average number of runs would have been (I don't know the rates), people wouldn't have been happier.

Il y a 12 heures, VentiGlondi a dit :

This is literally how people get addicted to gambling

That's true, but that's not a reason to not have this in the game.

• Bunch of rare items is the reason people get addicted and spend their money to get collect everything.
  • Cool looking cosmetics are the reason people get addicted to fashion and spend their money on it.
  • Desserts at restaurant are the reason people spend money on more food even if you are already satiated.
  • Cool looking furnitues and cloth (aka irl cosmetics) are a reason people spend money, even if they already have functional ones.

All these thing are not necessary and sink your money, so should they not exist anymore ? Of course not, because they are a good entertainment, or simply good looking looking things that make you happy when you look at them. Of course, it must not be used at a point it become an harmful addiction, but at a reasonnable amount, it's good for everyone as long as they enjoy it.
This also apply to the good feeling you get when you drop something rare, and some people being addicted doesn't mean other people shouldn't enjoy the good part of it.

14 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

I'm not sure how a minimum of 8 runs for a guaranteed reward is "tedious". Unless by tedious, you mean you find Railjack missions boring rather than 8 runs taking too long, in which case, there's nothing wrong with that. There are other rewards tied to specific content, some of which are tedious in all meanings of the word.

I mean, I've already done that mission with the hopes of getting the ephmera through RNG. So yeah I ran that thing 50-60 times already. And it is time-gated. Which is a major problem. I can't sit in front of the computer and wait for it to spawn or plan my day around it.

• 2 weeks later...

The day Warframe rewards those who do the same mission over and over again for something in particular, giving them the option to buy what they were looking for so much, that day Warframe will take a very big step in their favor, recovering the love and respect of their community. For now you just have to be patient and hope for the best for both Warframe and DE.

I wish they made an alternate sfx for it. One from the store, one from the field. Coz i don't want to be lump together with crybabies who couldn't deal with the situation where they don't have a particular cosmetic item. And only 15 shards  now? Thats like 2 anomaly spawns, solo. Filthy casuals. I saw in recruit the extent of the original grind.- freaking split farms. How often do you see such trust or cooperation in wf? You might never see it again. Getting one in 2019 was an adventure, filled with joy and suffering.

13 minutes ago, Akai-no-bara said:

I wish they made an alternate sfx for it. One from the store, one from the field. Coz i don't want to be lump together with crybabies who couldn't deal with the situation where they don't have a particular cosmetic item. And only 15 shards  now? Thats like 2 anomaly spawns, solo. Filthy casuals. I saw in recruit the extent of the original grind.- freaking split farms. How often do you see such trust or cooperation in wf? You might never see it again. Getting one in 2019 was an adventure, filled with joy and suffering.

Less than 1% of the container to spawn and a 1/3 chance of getting the ephemera is not fair. People acting like they need special recognition for the most unfair grind in the game are the real crybabies, unable to feel special anymore.

This may come as a shock but people have jobs and lives outside of video games and don't have to time to deal with farms meant to pad out the game. I got part time job and i have no time to waist 2 months on the red cache farm and i did 200 runs with one cache and no ephemera it needed to change. You aren't special with ephemera from LD or the red cache it's a cosmetic in a video game.