Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pets 2.0 Feedback in Light of Devstream #137

Grey_Star_Rival_Defender

"Training" our pets into certain spec instead of genetic heritage would be simpler on everyone.

There's still gonna be some grind to teach our companion to (This is only an example):

-Take reduced damage against corpus. (Would require to do 15 corpus mission of at least level20 without the kavat dying.)

-25% to confuse enemies on hit. (I don't have any idea for that one.)

-Or anything DE has in mind as bonus we could get.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I am reviving this thread, is all of this abandoned?  Honestly, I do not care if they drop all of this but throw away the dam stasis BS so we can link pets to Warframe configurations.  

I want to start using some frozen pets but cannot stand relinking builds everytime I try something out with a cold pet.  The main thing I was looking forward to in March was update on pets.  Instead we are getting arcane rework, something absolutely no one asked for.  

We have been asking to use pets for years, literally years.  Forget the arcane rework and unlock pets!

On 2020-01-31 at 11:32 PM, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

• Fetch is a 3.28% drop from a strong enemy that only appears when summoned by a Terra Sniper on the Orb Vallis. This also needs to change. I have acquired several spare copies of Fetch. I've also done so many Orb Vallis bounties I'm R5 with Fortuna, and I've acquired every single bounty reward aside from a complete collection of Mecha set mods. Hyneas, the enemies that drop fetch, are easily the most rare non-Raknoid enemy I've encountered on the Orb Vallis.

I think there is a bug there lately. When Fortuna was released, I have easily farmed Fetch. Those "doggos" were spawning a lot after you get 4 beacons and I got it within 10 minutes. 

Now beacons start to disappear after a short while as you got 4 of them. In this short period you will be lucky to have at least 1 doggo to spawn, but most likely none. I don't know what and when happened, but if there is a good way to farm Fetch, let me know, please.

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me

1 hour ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I think there is a bug there lately. When Fortuna was released, I have easily farmed Fetch. Those "doggos" were spawning a lot after you get 4 beacons and I got it within 10 minutes. 

Now beacons start to disappear after a short while as you got 4 of them. In this short period you will be lucky to have at least 1 doggo to spawn, but most likely none. I don't know what and when happened, but if there is a good way to farm Fetch, let me know, please.

Honestly, I don’t really have an answer. Other than I simply got fetch maxing out standing by using R5 bounties for 16K a day. Though if Hyneas are spawning less, that is a problem for fetch acquisition.

1 hour ago, Educated_Beast said:

So I am reviving this thread, is all of this abandoned?  Honestly, I do not care if they drop all of this but throw away the dam stasis BS so we can link pets to Warframe configurations.  

I want to start using some frozen pets but cannot stand relinking builds everytime I try something out with a cold pet.  The main thing I was looking forward to in March was update on pets.  Instead we are getting arcane rework, something absolutely no one asked for.  

We have been asking to use pets for years, literally years.  Forget the arcane rework and unlock pets!

Arcane rework and pets rework are separate things. Even if they are both supposed to be coming “early march...” And so is Operation Link.

Man I got too much homework to get back into Warframe.

• 1 month later...

Generic Beast mods should drop from all beasts. With genetic tools, you should be able to see which traits are on an imprint select which 'traits' carry through. The random traits they are suggesting sound terrible. Given the investment required to breed a pet, consigning them should provide something instead of costing credits. Perhaps a conservation token that can be traded to a vendor for companion stuff (armor, mods, palettes).

I wouldn’t mind getting rid of all pets/sentinels attacks and damage in exchange for them being invulnerable. In higher level content they die far to often.

You could make it so different companions would have some unique enemy priming “attacks” so when you as player would attack enemy that is primed by your companion, it would do something like perhaps apply some different status effects or something. But on there own companions would do no dmg.

Honestly though, I just want my animal instict, vacuum/fetch and depending on situation charm/cats eye/Helios scanner/status immunity...
So just make companions invulnerable and many people will be happy.

5 hours ago, V.O.X. said:

So just make companions invulnerable and many people will be happy.

Not if you get rid of what makes some of them really cool. Ever see a Sahasa Kubrow finish someone off with their finisher mod? That was the first kubrow I made and it was spectacular. Know why I don't use kubrows? Because they don't give me x2 resources or affinity or crit buffs like kavats. 

I think kubrows need to give buffs too to help the playing field. Furthermore, removing their damage (including sentinels here) wouldn't help anything, and because of how much would need to be removed for this idea of yours to happen, it wouldn't take place. Because if you make pets invulnerable then sentinels have to be too, because both sentinels and pets suffer from the lack of tankiness (excluding pets with tank frames, those don't count). So instead of gutting some of the uniqueness of them, just fix their tankiness, different stats can be increased, mods made better, etc.  

On 2020-02-04 at 11:47 AM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

it’s worth to make few steps from Arsenal to Incubator and back.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, it's too tedious - and thankfully that will be dealt with in the future (according to the most recent dev stream with stasis being removed). 

I think what all companions need is a look at their survivability, I'm seeing companions get melted at just the level 90-100 mark, and I don't know if it's a bug or what. Djinn nearly constantly dead, with x3 regen and his reawaken. I use my kavaat with khora/inaros so it's pretty safe most of the time. 

• Like 1