Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whose Revolite, Flux Energy, etc is used in Railjack missions?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

I have not been able to find this information anywhere, so I'm hoping someone can help.  If you're in a Railjack mission and you're not the ship's owner, when you use Revolite, Flux Energy, Munitions, and Dome Charges do they come out of your supply or from the supply of whoever owns the ship?  I haven't wanted to test because I assume it might be a jerk move to use someone else's resources in a way they don't agree with?

If you do use their resources, what do you feel is the proper etiquette for using someone else's resources mid-mission?

Related question: how does the Avionic that increases Flux Energy affect the Tenno who don't own the ship?  Does it start you with more?  Or does it just mean that in the mission you can make more (if you have the requisite Engineering)?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Ship supply. You start out with whatever they had when they launched.

As a railjack owner... use it up, man. Don't waste it just to waste it, obviously. But I've got over 50k of each of the four resources, close to 100k on some. Running railjack missions will net both me and you more of those four resources than we'll ever be able to use.

The session host's ship and resources get used... Which means that it can be more advantageous to ride on other players' ships until you have enough resources. 

And try not to waste other people's resources! Ask what's ok and what isn't! 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing

I have close to 200,000 of each resource so I doubt I'll ever run out.

NEVER EVER REFINE during an active mission it might mean the difference of not having enough revolite left to fix that next hull breach (the big red brighter than every other breach, plus a countdown to mission fail top left of screen)

Always Fix catastrophic hull breaches.

leave fires unless they get to be a lot and the pilot doesn't auto fix them, I use a fire avionics and wait until a few are burning then hit it.

Electrical damage not fussed about either given my ship screams around when shields drop.

Keep an eye on the ships flux level, so the pilot can keep using his/hers battle avionics if if gets down to 100 or below top it up by making more.

I solo the veil so roughly setup my ship to be able to do it (providing I get my tactics right and don't let to many crew ships spawn in, divide and conquer haha)

A lot of people summed it up pretty well so I'll be brief:

Yes, only the owners payloads will get used up. So if you got your own railjack then those won't be used.

Yes, DO NOT refine during a mission. Always wait until the host says that your heading back to the dry dock

The part of asking what's ok to use is kinda weird in my opinion, so I'll say what I think is right. I'm generally ok with people using resources, but don't waste them. Revolite is hard to waste, and id rather all repairs are taken care of rather than building up to some massive failure. But if you waste resources and payloads ill be mad. Just my two cents 

The only problem with revolite is if you run out. Most pilots will gather enough resources that (if engineering skills are being used to top off payloads) you will not have a problem there. Some do not -- if that's happening, and supplies are running low (below 170 revolite and can't forge revolite, for example), a chat message might save the mission.

Bad would be a catastrophic breach, no revolite and all four forges waiting for cooldown, or no resources to forge revolite with. So... do not do that. (But, also, if the team is using other payloads, those are good to keep some supply of.)