Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe - Complete Augment Overhaul

(PSN)LeBlingKing

This is just a man's reimagining of the concept of Augments in Warframe. If you have any feedback to grant me, please do so. Thanks in advance for reading. - LBK

Welcome to the compilation of about three weeks of conceptualization. I know a lot of you forumers aren't big fans of gigantic walls of text, so I'll make this quick.

+-~Inspiration~-+

I was playing a lot of fighting games, namely Mortal Kombat 11 and Smash Bros 4, games whose characters are allowed added customization through changing the properties of their special moves. I thought it, and I was like "I feel like the amount of Warframes is reaching critical mass. Maybe instead of adding more, we could take the Warframes we have already, and give them custom abilities." 

Then I thought of something else. I could implement this "custom ability" concept by merging it with an already existing mechanic: augments!

--~Execution~--

This is how it would work: instead of being mods, Augments would become arcane-like installments that can do the following:

- Change how the ability behaves

- Add an additional effect to the ability, or 

- Change the ability altogether

There would be three customizations per ability per Warframe, which means I conceptualized about (42 Warframes * 4 abilities * 3 augments = ...) 504 augments! (Not necessarily all by myself though, I did take a little bit of inspirations from threads about augments and reworks I looked into)

Warframes would have four augment slots to fit their augments in (four max, one slot for each ability), which could be earned by doing the following:

- A freshly built Warframe starts out with one

- Levelling a Warframe up to 30 earns you one

- Upgrading the Warframe with a Catalyst earns you another

- Forma'ing the Warframe grants you with the last one

You can have one augment active per ability, but if you have available slots, you can have additional augments available at once, kinda like we have right now but without sacrificing mod capacity!

Rough UI Concept:

Spoiler

wBtqHNE.png

I wanted to make this concept solely complete ability changes, but with the release of new Warframes and the reworking of old ones, DE has focused, more often than not, on ability synergy. And it's hard to think of new abilities for a Warframe strictly designed so that all base abilities can work in tandem with each other.

++Documentation++

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IlQW-CbNS0RYNRHyqCzOtyHG8tRQm2pU5p62ZHo2gLM/edit?usp=sharing

There are a lot of freaking words in here, so if you're looking for a specific Warframe, I've mapped up a Table of Contents for a Warframe and each of their abilities.

Again, I thank you for giving this concept a chance, and I look forward to making more! Sho-lah!

- LBK

diamond spinning GIF by Chris Cubellis

• Like 3

Okay, so first off, holy crap. It's a massive creative exercise to write up so many augments, and it is impressive that you not only managed to fill up the whole list, but do so with augments that are, from what I've seen so far, almost all legitimately interesting and potentially contributive to new and fun gameplay. I won't review every augment, as that would take forever and I'm not an expert on many frames, but I'll give feedback on Trinity's, as she's my main. Firstly, though, my thoughts on the implementation:

To start, I love the idea of giving abilities more than a single augment: this is already somewhat the case when we factor in Conclave-specific augments, but even without that there's no real reason to restrict design to a single augment per ability. It's also a good idea imo to give augments their own space, irrespective of the power creep this may cause, because currently there are too many augments that are abandoned simply because they don't justify their slot cost, despite being potentially interesting. I also like that the augment slots are delineated as one per ability, which both prevents conflicts between more radical augments (and thereby allows augments to be more radical), and encourages customization of one's whole frame. Overall, I think this general system could be a massive net improvement to our warframe build diversity, though there are considerations to be made obviously for how much stronger this would make us.

On that note, though, with this kind of system I think that kind of calls into question the very notion of "regular" mods: our current system mainly adds power, rather than diversity of playstyles, and is a major reason why the game's balance has constantly shifted to the point of losing control. Even with just one augment per ability, we would already have so much more customization potential, to the point where I think it could not only complement our current modding, but replace it entirely. If we added an additional slot and set of augments to our warframe itself, i.e. something that added a passive or modified an existing one, we'd have control over all aspects of our frame, to a much finer degree than with the current system, and with a much greater breadth and depth of options that wouldn't be nearly as conducive to power creep. In fact, doing away with our current stats-based system, while perhaps frightening to many people who have spent lots of time and resources into accumulating the relevant mods, could make designing and balancing these augments easier, as one wouldn't have to worry about making them accommodate a sliding scale of strength, range, and duration values.

And with that, thoughts on the Trinity augments:

• Preface: Trinity's arguably a difficult frame to design augments for, given that she's old, probably needs reworks to several of her abilities, and arguably does too much in one respect while still being fairly constrained. Nonetheless, there are good ideas at hand here.
  • Well of Life (is an ability that definitely needs to be reworked):
    • Pool of Life not giving Energy orbs is fine, as that's EV's job, though the augment arguably needs something more in its current state, as it's already not particularly desirable. Perhaps a bigger shower of health orbs?
    • Health Vampire -- sure, why not, though I'd say it's probably not ideal to make multiple abilities play in the same way.
    • Giving allies bonus health is an idea I think would naturally work very well with Trinity and the rest of her kit -- failing a rework to WoL that adds that effect as a baseline, having the mechanic on an augment would work well, especially with a change to the ability's mode of casting to accompany it.
  • Energy Vampire:
    • No changes to Vampire Leech, which is perfectly fine.
    • I like Well of Power and find it would have a distinct benefit from Pool of Life, as it could ease EV spam by giving more Energy orbs for allies to pick up if they ever fall low.
    • Trinity's Favorite I think has a couple of problems (besides the name, though that's not a serious issue by any means): the ability doesn't really directly relate to EV, but on top of that the status immunity would probably be a better fit on the Support Network augment, given that Link innately grants Trinity status immunity as well.
  • Link:
    • No changes to Abating Link, and none needed.
    • As with the above feedback on Trinity's Favorite, I think the augment could be simplified if it just spread Trinity's own damage resistance + status immunity to allies, without the need for a stagger (though the damage/status reflection would mean enemies could still stagger themselves if trying to apply Impact procs to linked allies).
    • Diminishing Link I think treads on the toes of Abating Link (armor reduction is a damage increase), as well as Trinity's already plentiful healing. However, I think there is a lot of gameplay to be had from killing Linked enemies specifically, so another augment that capitalizes on that could work well (e.g. damage applied to one linked enemy transfers to the others).
  • Blessing:
    • Ultimate Devotion I think is largely redundant, given that Blessing can already be powered up to fully heal allies.
    • Resurrection or some similar flavor of revival effect makes sense on Trinity, could definitely be a worthy augment, provided there's some sort of anti-spam mechanic to prevent her from constantly rezzing herself and allies (Oberon's Phoenix Renewal has a cooldown, for example).
    • Healing Grace looks good, and I personally like augments that make two abilities play with each other better, as there's a ton of combinatorial potential there.
    • One potential idea for a Blessing augment I think could be to have Trinity apply some radial offensive effect based on the amount of health and shields she healed (e.g. a radial stun with scaling range + damage). It'd give her an offensive side while encouraging her to keep an eye out for her teammates, with the scaling built in to limit spam potential.

TL;DR: the general idea of giving warframes more augments and dedicated augment slots is an idea I find so appealing I'd like it to replace our current modding system entirely. The suggested mechanics themselves are largely very good, and offer a clear showcase of how there's massive untapped potential for novel gameplay and deeper customization with augments. Kudos on the exhaustive list; there's obviously no need to limit oneself to three augments per ability either, but a baseline of two or three augments per ability means there will always be a choice to make.

Edited by Teridax68
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

-snip-

Words can not describe the gratitude I have for your feedback and consideration. "Massive creative exercise" doesn't begin to describe it, ahaha

While a concept like this may be far into the future for reasons you've listed, "powercreep" for instance, it would be nice to imagine how this could be included to completely revamp the modding system as a whole.

Thanks as always, Dax!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

To start, I love the idea of giving abilities more than a single augment: this is already somewhat the case when we factor in Conclave-specific augments, but even without that there's no real reason to restrict design to a single augment per ability. It's also a good idea imo to give augments their own space, irrespective of the power creep this may cause, because currently there are too many augments that are abandoned simply because they don't justify their slot cost, despite being potentially interesting. I also like that the augment slots are delineated as one per ability, which both prevents conflicts between more radical augments (and thereby allows augments to be more radical), and encourages customization of one's whole frame. Overall, I think this general system could be a massive net improvement to our warframe build diversity, though there are considerations to be made obviously for how much stronger this would make us.

On that note, though, with this kind of system I think that kind of calls into question the very notion of "regular" mods: our current system mainly adds power, rather than diversity of playstyles, and is a major reason why the game's balance has constantly shifted to the point of losing control. Even with just one augment per ability, we would already have so much more customization potential, to the point where I think it could not only complement our current modding, but replace it entirely. If we added an additional slot and set of augments to our warframe itself, i.e. something that added a passive or modified an existing one, we'd have control over all aspects of our frame, to a much finer degree than with the current system, and with a much greater breadth and depth of options that wouldn't be nearly as conducive to power creep. In fact, doing away with our current stats-based system, while perhaps frightening to many people who have spent lots of time and resources into accumulating the relevant mods, could make designing and balancing these augments easier, as one wouldn't have to worry about making them accommodate a sliding scale of strength, range, and duration values.

This. I'm totally in agreement with having more build diversity in our Warframes, through this system of modding than what we currently have right now. This would allow us to customize a frame, into something that can be uniquely ours, thanks to the various levels of functionality a frame can have with multiple augments for each ability, by giving us a separate set of slots to put them in.

As an Equinox main player, I always find it hard to find room to put in her augments, especially for builds where I plan to utilize both of her forms in active gameplay. And speaking of Equinox. I love the ideas you have for her extra augments. Many of them are something I would love to see be reworked into her default kit. Those augments which make use of her Composite Form, really need to be made in-game!  

• Like 1

I'm very negative and I came in expecting this to get shot down. But I have to say that this is a cool concept and holy cow did you do a ton of legwork already.

Holy cow. 😵

edit: I like the stealth frames and ash's shadow clones and ivara's televav are augments I'd love to see!

Edited by Redfeather75

Awright, you know what I said back on the Discord - but I know how much it means to have a comment that gives a thread life, so I'mma copypaste a lot of my thoughts in here.

First off, I'd like to congratulate you for solving the best worst part of augments. On the one hand, they change the behavior of a weapon or Frame - but on the other hand, it's one less space to work with, and before you know it your rare and treasured Build Freedom is locked into just one space. I love Chilling Globe because  I don't trust my teammates in Defense and Excavation - but what if I wanted to add in more duration? Or use Quick Thinking? Or something like that. I could have a much more dangerous, well-rounded Frame.

(Sidenote, this is what's great about the Strun Wraith - you can have a crit and 100% status build that still has one free space.  It's even better when you get a riven, but that's beside the point)

Here's some thoughts on individual augs from Frames I like:

Frost:

• Rime - Frost covers himself in a layer of ice, gaining damage reduction and status immunity for a small amount of time

• Sleet Screen - allies can shoot into the globe from outside, dealing additional Cold damage based on amount of health

• Arctic Aura - one snow globe, and it surrounds Frost, following him

• Blizzard - creates a gigantic stationary hailstorm that slows enemies down upon entering, deals significant cold damage and strips armor

• Glacial Fury - when inside a snow globe, Frost consumes the globe’s remaining hitpoints and distributes the damage 

Rime: That one sounds super useful. I was... extremely underwhelmed by Freeze Force... and honestly, this sounds much more useful. A lot of damage doesn't matter that much if I'm far into a Survival or Arbitration and can't survive long enough to dish it out.

Sleet Screen: Ooh. That sounds fun. It'd add a new layer of strategy to various bubbles, it'd keep people from being $&*^s to me when I forget to remove the bubbles, and it'd just... well. It'd be fun. I'd be very likely to use this in an Excavation mission, Defense mission, or Kuva Survival mission.

Arctic Aura: As mentioned earlier, Brozime was talking about how Frost can't defend stuff on the move, and Arctic Aura seems like the best way to do it. I toyed with the idea of being able to cast it on moving objects,  but that... didn't quite seem like a good idea. This might need some drawbacks, for balance reasons - perhaps reduced range and durability? This would be a lot of fun in Survival, or other missions where it's not required that you stay stationary.

Blizzard: Amplifies everything I like about his 4 and adds more character. I approve.

Glacial Fury: I like it. Not sure if the globes have enough HP for this to have a noticeable effect, but it's definitely a fun way to detonate the globes.

Also, I had another idea for a Snow Globe augment - what about one that transforms it into a thrown projectile that stops whenever it hits something?

As a fun fact: I deliberately built my Frost to spam his abilities so I can go nuts with a weapon that has Healing Return. I'd enjoy this.

Mesa

I don't use Mesa as often, and so I can't go as much into depth with the new augments you created, but I just want to say I'm much more interested in them than her current offerings. I bought all of them from  Syndicates, because that's what you're supposed to do, but I've just never been excited about them. (I don't get the hoopla about Mesa's Waltz. Normally I just use bullet jump to yeet myself in one direction for the same effect. I just don't care about it.) I'm really liking Mortar Shot - it feels like it just scratches an itch...

I'd be very interested in giving Deadeye or Target Practice a shot. Especially Target Practice. I do like headshots. Could be fun with a sniper rifle...

Valkyr

• Every Rip Line Augment

First of all, Rip Line is That One Ability I don't Use, so I'm really interested here.  You've added in quite a lot of depth to such an easily neglected ability that I struggle to 100% understand, and I'd enjoy all of these. Disarming enemies with it sounds fun, and I'd really love a standard Get Over Here style attack. Normally when I use rip line offensively, it just sort of yeets enemies over my head.

...aaaand I just looked over the rest of the augments. You know what? Screw it. A+ for all of them. Guaranteed slash procs? Extended duration for kills while using warcry? A way to remove abilities? A way to draw aggro?

Yes. All of the yes. It's all yes. 

Okay, like everyone, I have to start by saying that this is a fantastic amount of very thoughtful work. I haven't read every word of it, skimming a bit and then skipping to my own top frames like Nezha, Nova, and Khora, and I was really surprised just how thoughtful and thorough it seemed. There were a few places I'd suggest minor adjustments, but I'm really impressed with how much these augments represent a knowledge of how these frames play. 

In a way I agree with @Teridax68 that this could be the basis of a new build system, but this is where I'm a bit wary too. Like, having the ability to trade off between health, energy, and armor mods, mods with their own special functions like Hunter Adrenaline / Rage, ability stat boost mods, and so on is a positive good thing IMO, and having so many things to balance and play around to compensate for is what makes any one random player's build for a given frame unlikely to look exactly like another's. Removing augments to being a free choice of which of three augments to use for each ability isn't removing much from that calculus, although it'll make those existing nigh-mandatory augment mods like Chromatic Blade and Accumulating Whipclaw a free slot on the corresponding frames' builds. And of course, in this system as you've presented it, which augments you use and which abilities you focus on would still have the usual effect on your decisions about how to build the rest of their setup. 

Like, I get it, you want to put this over in a separate space so that it's a free choice, unlike the balancing act of the rest of the build, so that there's more personalization instead of just optimizing for the most effective way to use the kit the frame comes with. So the restrictions are separate from each other and separate in kind. At the same time, the current system has this arrangement where every mod has a point cost, but this is essentially meaningless because with enough grinding, you can fit any build into any piece of equipment with the exception of Umbral mods. It's a pity, because if it was possible to shift the system back to something where the cost of a mod was an arbitrary drain value instead of exactly one slot, every mod could have its own cost, from entirely neutral augments that make a tradeoff to massively beneficial ones like Chromatic Blade.

Hmm. Anyway, we don't really need warframe arcanes if we've got your augment system, right? That'd be a fair tradeoff to avoid power creep? X ] 

Simply great. I'd love to see the system in game. It would give so much build variety for all frames. Right now there are maximum of 2-3 proper ways to build a frame without gimping yourself. This system would add dozens more. And lots of useless abilities (like Spectral scream or Ripline) would get new life. A little power creep would happen, but not much. Most high end builds would get only one mod slot freed.

Some proposed augments need work, though. Especially almost all Limbo ones- they add so much troll potential. 

Idea is great, i would very much like it to be noticed by someone from DE. 

Edited by (PS4)Jacobivan

5 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

Right now there are maximum of 2-3 proper ways to build a frame without gimping yourself.

The "UVHM problem" in action, I'm afraid.

To explain that one: Back when Borderlands 2 first released UVHM, build diversity died super quickly. Not necessarily because the game was hard, but just because the numbers were bigger. So everyone had to have the same loadouts all the time to keep pace with the bigger numbers - and gravitate towards weaponry that exploited the way the Bee shield worked. But that's beside the point.

Hypothetically, I could build Frost Prime for duration instead of power strength. But... honestly, that'd require giving up the 100% armor strip of his umbral build. So why would I?

It's the main reason I like this overhaul. Even if my Umbral Rage build (I also have Rage, chilling globe, and lots of range so I can spam abilities and beat them up with a Healing Return-equipped melee weapon)  is unlikely to change, it'll add a lot of choice Warframe's been lacking when it comes to modding.

When it comes to modding in this game, you really have less choice than you think.

(Also, if I could do anything similar to this for weapons, I'd just add one augment slot. Not sure if it'd also work for rivens, but my gut tells me that might not be a good idea.)

17 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

When it comes to modding in this game, you really have less choice than you think.

(Also, if I could do anything similar to this for weapons, I'd just add one augment slot. Not sure if it'd also work for rivens, but my gut tells me that might not be a good idea.)

True that. I use only maybe 20% of all mods ingame in any loadout. (I own all warframes and all but 15 weapons) Counting builds made just for fun. Most mods are just not worth a slot. Including most augments, unfortunately. It's a shame, because some are genuinely interesting. 

Concerning weapon augments, I'd just make them all exilus viable. And we need lots more choices. 

This is a genuinely interesting idea. I agree entirely with the justification. This would create alot more individuality on our warframes with different personalised builds for different purposes. I think you could also justify the power creep considering the recent evolution of enemies in the current system.  I agree that there is an issue with mod capacity becoming redundant with Forma, leaving us more limited by mod slots than capacity so making it a separate system is fair.

I imagine though that anyone at DE looking at this is going to see the amount of work it would take to implement it and shy away immedately and I can't necessarily blame them. You're asking for three times the work on augments for any new frame coming in, with balancing and all that goes into that which is no doubt a chore. That's after whatever additional work needs to go into implementing this new modding system.

I think that unlocking multiple augments should be a challenging activity/grind though, not something achieved by say installing a catalyst. Give us one for free at lvl 30 yes, but you should have to grind out the augment slots somehow. Perhaps via specific frame challenges, like running a 60m solo survival as Excalibur for the second augment and then 1:30 for the third and final one. Then, having this extra power and customisation is as much earnt by individual players as anything else.

Perhaps the augments should also be a fixed choice on unlocking a slot for them, or require you to undergo challenges again to make alterations. So you are then obliged to build more warframes for specific augment combinations. The added revenue and gameplay from that might offset DE's theoretical reticence on the amount of work this would take. There would be alot of status and prestige by being able to say "yes, I'm an expert with Atlas, as a matter of fact mine is Augment Tier 3, built for crowd control and farming. I also have another Tier 3 Atlas built for damage."

8 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

True that. I use only maybe 20% of all mods ingame in any loadout.

You and me both.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

Concerning weapon augments, I'd just make them all exilus viable.

Sure, why not? It's not like I'm gonna be adding Narrow Barrel or whatever to my Sobek anytime soon. And it'd be a decent workaround for a lot of this stuff. 

There's a couple niche uses I've found for some Exilus mods (Using the reload-while-holstered mods to cut down on reload on my ridiculous Strun Wraith builds, reducing spread on my Kulstar build, adding more reserve ammo to my Komorex and Acceltra) but overall, the problem with Exilus mods is that there's a reason we almost never built for them earlier. This would make the Exilus slot a bit more... desirable... in many cases.

All i can say is Yes

One of my worries about warframes is when one is created, the abilities theme is set. No other warframe will have the same theme for a while so it makes me extra judgemental about what warframe has what.

This sounds awesome though, all i can see is fun from this. Like soo much fun *_* the equivalent of having 400 weapons type of fun but only better!

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

On 2020-02-23 at 1:53 PM, (PS4)CrysJaL said:

1. I imagine though that anyone at DE looking at this is going to see the amount of work it would take to implement it and shy away immedately and I can't necessarily blame them. You're asking for three times the work on augments for any new frame coming in, with balancing and all that goes into that which is no doubt a chore. That's after whatever additional work needs to go into implementing this new modding system.

2. I think that unlocking multiple augments should be a challenging activity/grind though, not something achieved by say installing a catalyst. Give us one for free at lvl 30 yes, but you should have to grind out the augment slots somehow. Perhaps via specific frame challenges, like running a 60m solo survival as Excalibur for the second augment and then 1:30 for the third and final one. Then, having this extra power and customisation is as much earnt by individual players as anything else.

3. Perhaps the augments should also be a fixed choice on unlocking a slot for them, or require you to undergo challenges again to make alterations. So you are then obliged to build more warframes for specific augment combinations. The added revenue and gameplay from that might offset DE's theoretical reticence on the amount of work this would take. There would be alot of status and prestige by being able to say "yes, I'm an expert with Atlas, as a matter of fact mine is Augment Tier 3, built for crowd control and farming. I also have another Tier 3 Atlas built for damage."

1. It doesn't have to be implemented as a complete, finished version. That would be impossible with DE:-) For now, add augment slots and convert all existing augments to fit. (either 0 capacity mods fitting only in augment slots, or something arcane like). Maybe just add 2 arcane/augment slots (for a total number of 4) with a condition that only 2 arcanes may be used at the same time? Also, some mods might be used as universal augments, able to be used with any frame. I'm thinking Peculiar mods, Intruder, any mods that are in 5% globaly least used category. Excluding everything that gives combat stats in any way. That would give some options for frames that don't have 4 augments yet. 

2. Maybe connect augment slot unlocks to using frame abilities? Like 100 finishers on enemies blinded by Radiant Howl, 1000 enemies killed or 500 meters traveled by Slash Dash. Something we can do by playing the game, not forcing us to do terribly boring  multi hour survivals.

Or, maxing a frame unlocks first challenge, catalyst second, forma third and exilus fourth. That would also serve to increase DEs revenue a little, possibly enough to justify designating someone to work solely on augments and challenges.

3. Please no. I've got enough troubke finding and changing to other frame when somebody force starts next sortie mission:-) And that idea wouldn't increase build diversity, just force us into single augments loadout per frame. 

Edited by (PS4)Jacobivan

• 1 month later...

One more thing that I thought of was, what if these augments gave optional visual modifications to the Warframe's base design? So these augment mods would not only modify the Warframe's abilities, but also modify the Warframe visually based on those modifications. Of course the player could choose to turn off the visual design modifications from each augment on their Warframe. I thought it would be a nice way of combining fashion frame and ability functionality at the same time, making the player's Warframe more of their own Warframe, both design-wise and function-and-gameplay-wise.

I admit, I got the idea from the "Gundam" series, mostly the "Gundam Build" series to be more accurate. Where the characters take the plastic model kits based on various mecha from various Gundam series, and customize them, not just in appearance, but in how they function. And often times, their appearance could be a result of the functionality that was added to them. They turn a standard plastic model, into something that is their own unique creation and battle with them, which is the fun of the series.

What do you think @(PS4)LeBlingKing

Edited by A-keras

13 minutes ago, A-keras said:

what if these augments gave optional visual modifications to the Warframe's base design?

Only if said modifications were implemented very, very carefully.

While not a bad idea in of itself, especially since I just came back from playing Doom Eternal where weapon mods do customize the look of said weapon, people don't care for features that ruin their certain aesthetics (for example, when Helminth was a thing and people started getting pimples on their Warframe's necks that took a week to fully grow and destroy, and they didn't even match the color scheme of the Warframe they were stuck on!).

But, if DE could find a way to implement design changes for a Warframe that has 4 distinct augments installed on it, then by all means, that's perfectly fine.

@A-keras

6 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Only if said modifications were implemented very, very carefully.

While not a bad idea in of itself, especially since I just came back from playing Doom Eternal where weapon mods do customize the look of said weapon, people don't care for features that ruin their certain aesthetics (for example, when Helminth was a thing and people started getting pimples on their Warframe's necks that took a week to fully grow and destroy, and they didn't even match the color scheme of the Warframe they were stuck on!).

But, if DE could find a way to implement design changes for a Warframe that has 4 distinct augments installed on it, then by all means, that's perfectly fine.

@A-keras

I understand that not everyone would want visible modifications, it's part of the reason why I mention an putting an option to turn off the visible modifications, either for a select couple of augment mods, or all the mods at once. If the design changes were subtle, and weren't too distracting, maybe that could work. It would really depend on how DE would go about it.