Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destroy pet stasis in March?

Educated_Beast

We were told pet stasis would be removed in March along with a bunch of other changes like genetic modification (no one seemed to care about).  

Please get rid of stasis so we can use pets without a 30 second animation and forced update to all warframes that saved the now frozen pet in a configuration build.  This discourages use of multiple pets (I just leave smeeta out for everything).  

I don't care about genetic modification, throw it out.  I don't care about an arcane rework, throw it out.  Just give us what we have been asking for for years and what was promised this March, a long overdue removal of stasis. 

Please remove this garbage from your game!  None of those other projects are more important.  

P.s. I'm not against buying slots for pets or even a credit trickle for "food", I just want to be able to save a pet to a Warframe without losing that save if I pull a different pet from stasis.

Edited by Educated_Beast

I hope, ever since they announced it, I want to say over a year ago, I've been waiting and hoping every semi major patch that it would be part of it. I had really REALLY hoped that it was going to come with the orbiter update but that was alas another update sans the Stasis removal. 

I had started to build up hope for this next update because it has been touted as QOL but then it hit me that I don't think they said anything about it anywhere in either the devstream or devworkshop so I've already all but abandoned the hope of stasis getting the ax this time around either. 

I just really do hope it's sooner rather than later because I'd like to be able to use more than just the one companion without navigating through a series of menus and confirmations every time I switch them. So I just never switch them out..... 

I'm a little confused, wasn't the stasis ditch in the same announcement as the Kuva weapon preview? We got one, but not the other...

100% of what OP said, I would really like to use my crit cat, but only use the luck cat because switching them sucks.

38 minutes ago, supernils said:

I'm a little confused, wasn't the stasis ditch in the same announcement as the Kuva weapon preview? We got one, but not the other...

More then likely a whole lot of elements have to be altered due to the changes such as:

• Removal of the pet happyness & health integrity  system
  • Removal of items related to the stasis system and refunding them in other ways such as stasis slots becoming pet slots.
  • Making sure no nasty bugs that result in lost of pets, slots and so on occur.
  • Making sure that beast pets should function under the same design as robotic pets
  • Updating the Incubator system likely with sped up means of making them.
  • Doing that b.s. of new elements to `replace` the stasis system when we could honestly give zero fks about.
  • Hopefully including stuff we actually will GIVE a fk about like buffing pets to make them a whole lot more durable and stop dying too easily, which could be easily resolved if sentinels had a huge innate D.R. and beast/moas got a heck of alot more base value and the Link value mods were alot more stronger.
  • Also hopefully they learn to just give beast companions an actual weapon bench and give them once again, ACTUAL base stats like some real status chance & critical values. without relying on the bite/maul & link mods which make thar dps some what good.
  • REMOVE THE DANG PET EXCLUSIVE PRECEPTS AND JUST MAKE THEM INNATE TO EACH COMPANION SO WE CAN SAVE SPACE!!!

But seriously, theres alot of things they want to address on top of just straight up removing stasis on pets, when we do not even account for what cause bugs in the game if they simply removed stasis and not any functions associated with it.

38 minutes ago, supernils said:

100% of what OP said, I would really like to use my crit cat, but only use the luck cat because switching them sucks.

I pretty much only used smeeta since any content in the upper levels will make carrier prime die way too easily, now i swapped to a doggo cause Mecha-set meme builds with a sturdy frame for absurd mark and DoT abuse spread. Not exactly a super op combo, but it certainly makes using a kubrow actually dang viable in content, As likely one of the only few ways to get a pet to actually BE a DPS.

Same here, i'm also discourage to use often my pets, base on that stasis system.

I wish to have more control on shape and height of kubrow. That's also very onnoying to wait one day for half of time, a small or skinny "war animal".
I know Ordis is not in good shape, but if he can repeat the same joke for five years, he could keep the best shape and size into his memory process, once we have it.  :suspicion:

Companion changes can come later for all I care. I just want to be able to switch out any pet if I so choose to do so. I want to use my infected dog but hate to go through so many hoops just to use him a few days then switch him out for my kitty buffer for one mission. Just get rid of the stasis system for the next update is good enough. We can wait for AI changes, stats changes, mod bench changes.

1 hour ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

I don’t really understand how Stasis Removal got announced last week of January for March release, yet it’s seemingly uncertain if its still on track for release. Maybe they bit off more than they can chew. Or just are working hard to get it ready.

Well it was not mentioned in last notes and honestly, it is the only thing I wanted.  I don't event want the whole companion upgrade thing, I just want a QOL feature that has been asked about for years.  

12 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Companion changes can come later for all I care. I just want to be able to switch out any pet if I so choose to do so. I want to use my infected dog but hate to go through so many hoops just to use him a few days then switch him out for my kitty buffer for one mission. Just get rid of the stasis system for the next update is good enough. We can wait for AI changes, stats changes, mod bench changes.

That.  That's all I wanted in this next patch.  Sure there are some neat things but none of it has been asked as much as the destruction of stasis.  

DE, I don't care about arcane changes, shield changes, armor changes, none of that.  I just want to link a pet the same way I can link a companion.  That's it.