Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Can't shoot, can't melee, can't use abilities

CauchyL

Hi,

I might have messed up my settings badly but this looks like a bug. I doing Marduk (Void) and halfway through the mission I noticed my Saryn couldn't face forwards anymore (see Yt link below), couldn't shoot, couldn't melee or use abilities... just run and jump (I was also able to open Caches). Only thing I changed was FOV after the update, but I had been playing for a while with the new FOV without issues. No idea how it triggered.

Tl;dr here's the vid:

• Like 10

• 5 weeks later...

have had this bug with multiple frames (nidus, harrow) , regular missons.  Hydron especially. Suddenly no weapons, no frame abilities.No slam attack. Able to run and jump basically. Slightly different in that I have full mobility. 

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Happened to me multiple times,sometimes i cant even jump and suicide also does not work.I think this is related to transference,i hop out of my frame,energizing dash,summon frame,frame now cannot do anything except basic movement.This never happened to me in solo,always in public,So it may be a very specific client-host script error due to connectivity issues or other reasons or maybe something different but related to host-client connection

• Like 3

yes, there's no problem with your settings but it's a long standing bug/glitch that can happen sometimes about everywhere (well, except for the orbiter, relays and such).

as far as i can say, it happens when an animation or your frame, operator and also mech/AW/k-drive got 'interupted', usually by enemies who stagger or knock you down... the timing for that to happen is quite heavy but if you really want to force it, you can get it done.

worst was the eidolon hunt way back, as well the profit-taker spider boss fight - but those are (seemingly) fixed these days for most of the interrupting triggers - still, it happen on rare occasions even there.

it also seems that this can happen far easier if you're connected to a host with either a bad/long/slow connection to you and/or one with a weak computer to handle the bit of extra load on the rig. this might or might not be due to the already happening input lags that can occure then - but it's pretty hard to pin down exactly and thus could also be circumstantial.

anyway, most of the time dying or jumping into an abyss/water/zone-border can reset this. changing into AW/mech/k-drive mode and back can also help (operator too), but no guarantees about it - sometimes you have to tough it out ^^)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Still happening to me on multiple occasions now, and nothing can seem to fix it unless I extract or die AND revive fully (Ally picking me up during bleedout will stop the bug from fixing as well.) /unstuck doesn't work and neither does reverting back to default settings either. 

Really frustrated that this bug survives for years without it being fixed.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This super old bug is still not fixed in 2022. And got worsen after the Zariman update.

Can't get exact reproduction step for this (since it happens in busy moments) but at least to me it happens when you get killed in operator form.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NyreenKandros said:

This super old bug is still not fixed in 2022. And got worsen after the Zariman update.

Can't get exact reproduction step for this (since it happens in busy moments) but at least to me it happens when you get killed in operator form.

To me it happens randomly when I go from operator back to the warframe while being a client in a multi-player game. The only thing that works is death, and it's really hard to wait as a single lvl 60 Lancer struggles to make a dent through Adaptation and Quick Thinking 

I wish there was a definite answer for what causes it so the community could better avoid it from happening

• Like 2

This keeps happening to me too, but only AFTER the Zariman update. Never experienced it before. It is intensely annoying and happens way too frequently. Mostly in Zariman missions but once on Hydron as well.

So DE, not going to either fix or address this?

This now happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I host a Zariman bounty mission, 100% reproduction rate. There's not even a chance of it not happening.

If I'm hosting a Zariman bounty, I cannot use abilities, full stop.

Edited by Rahlzel

Was doing Elite sanc and this happened. Couldn't do anything. Couldn't even self revive to "fix" it because anytime something of this nature happens there is no fix except getting yourself downed and force reviving but i couldn't even do that so i just closed the damn game because the latest hotfix has been causing all sorts of issues.

• 1 month later...

This bug happens often enough to be really annoying. It completely halts gameplay with no way to solve it aside from death, which is not often reliable.  I've had this bug happen to me twice today alone. It's extremely frustrating to have to abort missions because you're completely crippled due to a bug like this, unable to do anything but move around. 

It seems to occur occasionally on both knockdowns induced by enemies (grineer mobs that punch the ground and produce a shockwave) and transference. It seems to happen disproportionately more on forced transference from those Zariman grineer that pull you out with their thrown spear field thing. As others have said, higher latency appears to increase the likelihood of it occuring.

If we can't get a fix for the bug itself I'd appreciate the /unstuck function having some player entity reset functionality to try and combat this. A different slash command that allows you to enter a downed state (with a cooldown perhaps) would also at least give players a workaround for when this happens.

If a dev reads this please do consider trying to add the above consessions as they would help a great deal with the issue from a player perspective - I understand aiming for a complete fix is the typical goal, but this bug has been present for so long and I've lost so much time and so many rewards as a result of it that I'd really greatly appreciate even a band-aid fix so that when it happens I can easily deal with it, instead of throwing mission after mission down the drain because of it.

• 1 year later...

Still an issue as of today.... My buddy and I have both experienced this bug. Losing a 30min+ mission because of this is no bueno and respawning wasn't an option as it was Arbitration.

Edited by Areappa

• 1 month later...

Happens still! Happens regularly to me now while Eidolon hunting, wish I could find the pattern here to predict/avoid it. Death never helps but sometimes the mech or AW will. Most of the time I'm just stuck being carried for the remainder of the hunt, cause I can't do anything