Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Orokin/history frame

Sounds weird but hear me out.

Spoiler ALERT for those who havent done the erra quest , do not read any more.

So apparently there is no unity within the fragmented orokin they are practically no more so-

AZARIAH named by the child who adored and apprenticed under the orokin.

They are the last keeper of the forgotten history, skills and tactics of the orokin. For all that became immortal had once struggle with survival.

I have a backstory/lore and abilities with explanations to each if anyone want help me tweak it. Pm me if want to know. trying to follow the rules and not post them here.

The most basic description of the concept: A boogeyman warframe that can blend in with other warframes.

Keywords: Baubau, Seeing/sight, Nightmares, Boogeyman, Nocturnal hag, Baba, Trutamora, Haunt, Mara, Cryptids etc. All of these are some of the many creatures/aspects we asociate with either night terrors/parasomnias, nightmares or spooky creatures in the dark. Sometimes born from our faulty perception, sometimes created by parents to spook their children to behave nicely.
Thus this would be a  frame that utilizes the fear of darkness and how quickly our minds are to fall prey to our own imagination when many visual/sound informations are missing.

Some lore traces or bits. A backstory, kind of.

((This warframe was designed to haunt and stalk their designated target until their sense of reality began to crumble, until every night was filled with nightmares, waking them up at sleep and binding their bodies still and they keep nodding off at day. Quite a cruel way to go, but it amused the watchers. Only at the target's weakest state did the warframe strike, ending it all. After the fall of the Orokin, this particular design seamlessly blended in with many other warframes, finding itself both capable alone in the dark and aiding its companions in open sight. ))

(...) At least some of the boogeymen we learned about can be attributed back to the times of the Orokin. Consulting an Expert on History, I've learned there are at least hundreds of different documents pertaining to a specific horror within their command to send after their chosen targets for their own humour.

A looming presence that always watched... slowly driving the target into uncertainty. And finally, it would strike when they were most vulnerable, restless and scared.

No reports of any name exist, nor are all the visual references matching, seemingly changing from case to case.

When the Orokin fell, they mysteriously vanished along with them.

Perhaps they truly are gone, or most likely they never were that horrific in appearance, and now walk the frontlines among other Tenno, blending in seamlessly within their rank.

Some motoff impressions for a spook frame:
Shapes or glow that remind of eyes, the feeling of being looked at - The most common asociation of the fear of the dark is beeing gazd at, by a being we cannot fathom or see. Nazars come to mind with this, also aesthetically. (The fear of being gazed at by a malevolent being is quite global.) Also, our vision of light is much better in the peripheral vision, thus a light surface (like a metal object or strip of cloth) that is located in the corners of our vision will apear shiny, except when we look at it, then it merely 'disapears' like a monster skulking off.
Owls - supposedly owls are the culprit for a great deal of monsters. Most are rather quiet, come in an unusual shape for a bird and are active during the night and they posess a rather haunting screech call.
Not that scary looking - The most simple things make something the most horrific, that night monster with a single big circular eye glaring ar you was just a pillow afterall, perhaps the visual nature is dual, both scary and mundane, depending on the circumstance? A dual visual legacy might be quite interesting. If not, a more mundane design is far more powerful in letting the brain fill in the details.
Behavioral spook - Jittery, twitchy nature, laggy movement, are some of the uncanny movement types that can make a human flinch. Sound design is probably more important than visual design in such a case as well. A Solid combination of all sensual aspects can benefit greatly.

So people have already gone for a beast/werewolf frame and a Metal using frame and a knight frame. So I can't submit those ideas.....

So how about combining all of those ideas into one? A knight Frame that has metal manipulation power and for his ult he uses that power to transform himself into a metal like wolf beast. Sword into fangs, shield into claws.

A frame of indomitable power and ferocious wrath.

I made an earlier post (I think) I didn't get to finish it, I'm not sure if I actually posted it. I tried to find it and edit it, but I'm using my phone and the mobile website is wonky.

Edit (I found it! And darn it, it did post itself.)

Looking through various ideas already done and the intent of the current warframes (much of which I presume will be requiring updating from time to time).

I've come to the conclusion that I want a combination of 2 things. Beast mode. A controllable quadraped warframe with greater sprint speed, melee damage by holding its melee weapon in its mouth or held with braces on its jaws for double weapons (for the purposes of not skyrocketing animation budget its all the same animations). And secondly a Kuva themed warframe.

Essentially a Zanuka that got abducted by the Grineer and experimented on with Kuva. A warframe created by the Queens to contest the sheer dominance of the Tenno in the system.

Initial form. Taking inspiration from Khora. I suggest a normal warframe with a Kuva Lich Kubrow (aesthetically it should look like a black dog from european mythology-so ethereal and smokey) companion who's command ability, will do the following. Like the broken scepter draw out energy/health orbs from dead bodies (like desecrate it uses energy or lacking that its own health). This can be toggled on and off but just like Venari acts like any active companion in battle with its own hp. It can only be rezzed via the actual skill to toggle. Summoning does require energy. At 50% hp of the warframe, it will increase in attack power in its berserk state which has synergy to...

Beast mode.

Fusing with the Kubrow. You start with a blood curdling howl that makes all around you stagger as you become a feral quadraped warframe. Holding your melee weapon in your mouth, you swing, leap and have unique dog mauling finishers (this has the best means of drawing more combat kuva). Your movement skills has increased sprint speed, jump ability is higher and your bullet jump has a spiraling drill effect around you made of Kuva. If activated while the Kubrow has berserk state. You will retain that bonus to yourself and have 10 seconds invulnerability due to a temporary Kuva barrier. This skill like Titania's 4 will drain your energy.

-side note. If you feed a Kuva Lich to this warframe. It will absorb its vengeful ephemeral and have its kubrow attacks deal in that damage type.

Passive: combat kuva is absorbed as your kubrow deals kills and your finishers which can be used in place of energy. It will vanish once the mission is over and will naturally degrade as time goes on.

Normal abilities.

1. Kuva lace. Cover your weapons in Kuva. Making your next melee attack automatically cause a stunned state while doing extra damage (enjoy those heavy attacks).

2. Kuva mutation. For a set period. Your weapon will have infinite clip as it fires pure bolts of kuva in place of bullets. Elemental damage is lost while this is in effect (secondary fire grataka means much dakka).

black-dog.jpg

dims.png

Terrabyte
    Terrabyte is a frame based on glitches in video games and malfunctions in technology with low health, decent armor, high shields, and (100?) energy whose abilities all toggle and eventually cost her shields as an alternate form of energy once her base energy runs out.. 

Her backstory could be that she was originally a Cephalon and then her data became corrupted by the sentients before (somehow) having her data put into a warframe so she could receive data reconfiguration treatment from the other cephalons. However the influence of the void (via the warframe) on her data structures caused her AI to begin to deteriorate and then eventually go rogue.

Potential abilities and passive:

Passive: Duplication
    Ammo, Health, & Energy pickups are doubled within a certain radius of Terrabyte

Passive 2: Sentience
    Like Excal Umbra, the Cephalon inside Terrabyte can control the warframe when you've exited her.

Ability 1: Malfunction (Toggle, Low energy drain?)
    Enemy guns refuse to fire within a (10m) radius causing them to switch to melee.

Ability 2: Misfire (Toggle, Medium energy drain?)
    Every (5?) seconds, enemies within a (30m?) radius upon making an attack, inflict self damage.

Ability 3: Lag Skip (Toggle, Medium energy drain?)
    Terrabyte loses her ability to attack or interact with objects (can still revive tenno) but becomes invincible and repeatedly teleports short distances in any direction she is moving. 

Ability 4: No Clip (Toggle, High energy drain?)
    Terrabyte gains the ability to travel through and/or shoot through solid objects/closed doors. (But not walls.)

sombra-art2.jpg?width=960

A gilgamesh type of frame that can use his enemies weapons against them buy throwing them back at the enemy after stealing them and claiming them as is treasures, for his last ability he summons his lance, his back story is he was a king and was highly respected for his power and was a protector of the weak and would show no mercy as he rained hell on his enemies in the shape of swords and other treasures he would claim from those he defeated,

A Rock Musician Warframe!!

This Rockstar Warframe could make the crowd (enemies) go crazy and bring the band (squad members/allies) together for an amazing and beautifully devastating performance!

This frame could be one with major style, like long hair, tattoos(glyphs) and a mod-able or exalted guitar would be incredible!

A frame that has performed across many galaxies finally makes its way into this one to put on a show for the ages! 

Name:Beaster;
Warframe, similar in abilities to Equinox. This is a werewolf warframe, which I think is a good idea.
Passive ability:When you switch to Cubrau, invulnerability for 5 seconds, and when you switch to Kavat, invisibility for 5 seconds.
Ability #1-Reincarnation: Reincarnates in another form.
Ability #2-Flexibility and strength: in the form of Cubrau releases rage and force. Creates an aura , giving the ally a boost and increased shields. In the form of Kavat furiously jumps around, jumping and maiming everyone who gets in the way.
Ability #3 - summon the pack : Summon s severa l animal s of an y kind, dependin g on the shape, tha t giv e effect s an d attac k enemies.
Ability #4-Transformation: Transforms into an animal if you hold down the squat button, giving effects in a small area, depending on the shape.

P.S. If my warframe wins, I ask for a reward. You can also change the names , or the abilities themselves.

TL:DR A Crusader Warframe

I think a crusader type Warframe would be really cool. Maybe they see killing grineer/corpus/infected as an act of holiness. Obviously precautions will have to be met so that the Warframe isn't actually trying to represent a religion and it's ideas, but a paladin frame who sees their actions as holy, kinda like the Doom Slayer, would be a fun addition to the game and be a fun character to do in game roleplay with. I think symbols and holy light should be associated with the character. For reference a show called Neon Genesis Evangelion uses a lot of holy/religious imagery in it but doesn't miss represent any particular religions. Something like that would be cool to see on the character.

I'd be down for something... less humanoid. Something that defied what current Warframes could do. Perhaps a beast, or an avian frame. Maybe a transforming one? Something that definitely does NOT look fully... human. All of the current Warframes share this trait of being humanoid- a frame that broke this trend would be very interesting. 

I've waited so long for this, to post this idea, it is surely not the first of that kind but i never actually seen something like it, it is a weird design idea but one i would love to see.

Idea i simply named Iron Vanguard a long time ago.

A Warframe harnessing the power of metal itself not only is it strong but very durable, and made by the Orokin Empire only for one purpose. Defending his fellow Tenno, not by empowering them but sacrificing himself to harm in turn allowing his friends to be unharmed.

A Warframe so powerful and complex he cannot wield any weapons other then melee, one of which is his signature weapon wielded as Exalted Weapon type his in-built abillity.

A big Towering Shield used to protect and a massive Mace-Hammer, only to be wielded both by him, other frames could not even begin to wield both at the same time, let alone they were barely able to harness the Mace-Hammer.

A powerful and durable Warframe, metallic, towering menace so huge even the Sentients feared it.

A bit of backstory, some little fanmade lore, hope it could be appreciated, i know the idea is weird and could be hard to make.

Simply, a huge Warframe harnessing the power of metal, so powerful that it sacrificed his abillities to use guns in order to wield his Tower Shield and Mace-Hammer, and sacrificing himself so others won't be harmed.

A Valiant and Powerful Defender, and a Metal Bending Menace to destroy those that cross him or his companions.

Yes, i repost this cause i used my other account, i did edit the post notifying of that. I deleted the info and just posting it from this one.

I've thought of a Frame concept/theme based on the Devstream and the issues of promoting stealth and infiltration gameplay a long time ago, thought I would reshare it to see where/if it went anywhere. 

Concept Model - non colored

Warframe name: Vapor

Role : Stealth/Infiltrator

Lore:  

The great war.  It was the front lines that made the difference weather a stronghold lasted another day or not.  It was here the men and women of the Orokin Guard rose and fell like the tide.  Chief among them were the Infiltrators, agents of stealth and cunning capable of entering enemy territory to learn vital information that would change the course of the battles to come. No glory hounds these ones, nor did they receive much in the way of praise.  If anything their existence was kept a high priority secret, lest their presence be discovered before they could uncover the next piece of useful intelligence. 

When the Tenno were formed, in secret the leader of the Infiltrators was also put through the process. What emerged, no one could truly understand, or fathom.  The Warframe they built from him, originally for combat, ended up being impossible to contain, impossible to control.  He escaped the Orokin, joining the war on his own terms, seeking vengeance for what had been done to him, while at the same time maintaining his own sense of duty. 

When the Tenno ultimately turned on their masters, Vapor watched, in the shadows, unseen, unknown to the others. He saw one of the temple guard look back, raising his fist in sworn vengeance against the Tenno, and the Orokin and he saw promise.  He saved the temple guard from the onslaught of the Tenno rebellion, secreting him away, to learn the arts of the Infiltrator, so that he may one day bring balance back.  

Spoiler

Diffusion 

For a short time, Vapor can ionize his body, becoming his namesake 'vapor'.  Intangible, he can move through vents, alarm sensors, camera scanners and energy fields alike without disturbing them, or alerting them to his presence. Useful in rapid escapes, and re positioning. Though he is unable to attack, he can carry objects he has picked up 

Nerve Gas 

Ionizing his body once more, Vapor approaches an enemy and invades their body, temporarily seizing control of their nervous system and any weapon they may be currently wielding.  So long as he does not attack, the enemy units only see their own.  When possession ends, the host is destroyed from within as Vapor becomes solid once more.  Vapor is also 'ejected' if the host is killed before the ability duration ends. 

Vacuum

Opening vents in his Warframe, Vapor sucks all the atmosphere out of the area around him like opening an airlock into space.  This staggers enemies as they claw for breath, and damages over time as they struggle to breathe leaving them vulnerable and off balance allowing him to escape if surrounded, or finish off isolated targets

Vapor Lock

Exploding in a cloud of swirling mists, Vapor inhabits the bodies of all surrounding enemies caught in the cloud, doing damage over time as they choke, then exploding from within as he violently reforms himself tearing the pieces of his vaporized frame out of them as he reassembles. 

Warframe Type : Mimic

Abilities : Allows user to mimic others abilities, maybe only one of the four skills, by selecting a friendly target for a curtain duration.   

Warframe look Its headless so we can see our operators head. when mimic is active the warframe looks like that warframe, yet our operators head is displayed.

Or just let every warframe have this cosmetic option.

Another idea is to have it split down the middle of the warframe, an the other half is the warframe selected ^_^

So many ideas... I wonder who is going through the and how one is going to be chosen...

My idea of a warframe concept was a pure "orokin" themed warframe (dw I'll elaborate). My idea was that there would only be a prime version, similar to how the euphona prime has no non-prime variant.

So the idea is that this warframe be one made by the orokin not as an experiment, but as a refined example of the pinnacle of what they could create warframe wise.

(Yes I do have an overly detailed Google docs including ability/passive/stat details at every level along with a half finished script of this warframes lore and backstory alongside the "orokin derilict" warframe that it would be the counter part to that I made half a year ago)

Maybe an acidic/corrosive type warframe. Could be built from the grinder side of things, since we have the attempt of a warfare from the Corpus we could see the grineers attempt at a warfare. Plus the design could be a more streamline/slimmed down kuva lich armor. Possibly it could go rampant and the levels to acquire its parts are parkour heavy with a "the floor is lava" kind of deal(but acid).

A shapeshifter frame. Have the ability to shapeshift into your enemies to fool and trick them or even shapeshift your arms in some BFGs with some serious firepower. 

●Passive: When you die and revive yourself with one of your revives, you transform into the last person you killed for 15 seconds and enemies won't attack you. Ends if you attack or when the 15 seconds end.

●Ability 1(Shapeshift): Depending on what enemies your are facing, you transform into the last one you killed and gain their primary fire weapon and look for an amount of time. 

●Ability 2(Projection): You transform yourself into a projectile like object and move yourself a good distance forward. The more you hold the ability the faster or more distant you will go. Full charge can penetrate and harm enemies in front of you.

●Ability 3 (Decoy): You can take a part of yourself and toss it nearby to make a clone of yourself that can distract the enemies. It will have your health, armor, and shield but won't attack. A dummy. 

●Ability 4(BFG): Your arms can come together to form a massive gun. Either a gatling gun that brings hailstorm of bullets, or lob explosives. Can cause status effect damage depending on your energy color. 

Archived