Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

an explosives themed warframe, much more explosive than any current frame. animations would include a sort of unhinged appearance, like the frame isn't all there. passive ability would be something along the lines of "if you get knocked down, you blast enemies around you to the ground with you"

If this is sounding a little bit like junkrat, that's because it sort of is. I just want to see a crazy explosive character in yet another of my favorite games

I would like to see a Pack themed Warframe.

And just an idea of it backstory could be: our attempts at making the golems to fight was a success but there minds where to primitive; lashing out at everything, at everyone. We looked a solution to this problem. We needed them to work for uses with loyalty with unity with a pack, A pack leader.

we should have a bee themed warframe.

It's passive would be a swarm of bees following you. whenever an enemy attacks you, they take damage from the bees retaliating.

the first ability would be like the insect swarm plasmid from bioshock. you would send out a swarm of bees to attack and stun enemies, or hold the ability to create a nest trap that attacks enemies when they get near.

the 2nd ability would have the bees pollinate a corpse. flowers would grow and allies in range would gain a buff

the 3rd ability creates a large pool of sticky honey. enemies that walk in the honey move very slowly and take increased damage

the 4th ability would place a hive. unlike holding the first ability, it would be much larger and would not be destroyed when an enemy gets near. all bees in range of the hive deal increased damage and honey has increased effects

It would also have a signature weapon with a passive where it receives ammo if you stand near a hive trap

How about an arsenal Warframe, their abilities could be summoning different weapons with unique effects or buffs, like 1 could summon a primary, 2 a secondary, 3 a melee and 4 could summon some sort of morphing armor that you can also use to attack, having it change shape depending on what combo you're performing.

first idea
a lich theme warframe with full necromancer aka reanimate of dead body like how there show of nekros prime abilliy but also a phylactery that can be place down in the world and wind you die you will go back to it full revive and healed and can teleport back to by hold down the button but can be destroy by enemy so you need guard it you also have diff form be none lich form and lich form with diff set of abiliy opinion on the form though idea i wood like to see is nekros updata

this secord idea is here becruse i dont no if the first is allow to not but 2 idea is minic friend that let weak on it only only have 100 health and shields but can shape into diff enemy and even warframe and you can pick witch frame you one promb only to 4 diff warframe is long is you have them make but you can all shape shift into enemys just in case dont dont many friends though it will be 20% weaker then normal frame it minicing and tech o lee speak you can promb shape shife into anything is long is has health bar like your cat with first but not warframe you can shape into them if you have them save is shape shife opinion also give you frame abilliys and passive and mods you put on the frame effect the frame you shape into to like if actaul had that load out for that friends on it but 20% weaker 

ps sorry for bad grammer and spelling and sorry is my post two i just dont really no if first wanna wood be allow and all is a subjection

I'd love a warframe that's based on kuva. His kit would be based around getting stronger when he dies and absorbing health, shields, and ammo from nearby enemies.

The backstory could be that he was the warframe assigned to guard the kuva supply of the orokin but was contaminated by it when he destroyed it during the fall of the Orokin empire.

Perhaps a Horror themed frame. This is a rough example that could be kind of neat:

"Raven"

Passive: Randomly terrifies enemies that damage Raven. Raven regenerates energy while enemies are terrified.

Ability 1: Ill Omen
-summon a spectral murder of crows to attack enemies. deals damage and marks enemies hit with a 'curse'. Cursed enemies take extra damage + effects from Raven's abilities.

Ability 2: Nevermore
- enemies in range become stunned. Cursed enemies take DoT during the stun and become terrified for a few seconds after the stun ends.

Ability 3: Soulstealer
- Raven summons a demonic sword (Exalted Weapon) to replace his melee weapon. Hits with the sword restore Raven's shields. Cursed enemies grant shields to the whole team.

Ability 4: Blood Wyrm
- Raven transforms into a Blood Wyrm and charges forwards, dealing damage to anything in his path and inflicting slash procs. Cursed enemies hit by Blood Wyrm heal Raven for a portion of damage dealt.

A warframe . i named that quack. cuz its abilities allow it change his form into more tiny one. enemy cant aim him well as normal warframe, so he will be safe under the bullet rains.

more strength makes quack less size, it means he get more survival capacities. then duration decide how long quack work in his small space.

maybe it is similar as titania, but i need all his abilities are around by his size. normal state is brutal and powerful , then tiny state can confuse the enemy.

Hello DE! As many others have said, we don't have many warframes that are based on animals. Something new like a frame that can shapeshift into a wolf or a four legged animal would be awesome. One other idea, is to have a warframe that is almost like a "trainer." In the sense of, depending on what kind of companion you equip together with that frame, their abilities can have changes. Similar to how Khora can instruct Venari what to do and change postures, depending on the special abilities of that breed / type (kubrows, kavats, sentinels, moas) certain abilities or stats change! Maybe it's an increase in warframe strength/duration/range/efficiency, or it directly impacts the warframe abilities itself. Basically having more synergy with companions, since most of us bring one anyways, whether it be for our build or for increased loot chances. It would help bring them more into focus and give them more potential for gameplay instead of simply relying on one of their useful gimmicks.

Combining these two ideas together can be awesome too! Imagine a frame that's animal based and has exceptional understanding with companions, and can itself go berserk and affect companion behavior. A little niche, i understand, but I absolutely love the Khora and Venari implementation where they are a package, they are two in one. This one will instead be a mix and match, giving more options and various builds that can synergize with companions. 

Wow another idea while i was typing this is if the fourth is like an exalted animal that you either deploy/shapeshift into, you could apply any companion type mod onto it. You could limit the amount of different kinds allowed on (i.e, only two modified behaviors allowed, similar to how it is on companions in general) like a kavat swipe sundering armor and sentinel reviving. Just throwing out ideas here and hoping some of them stick!

Essentially overall, a frame that could have increased companion synergy and is animal themed itself would be a delight to see added!!!

How about an art-based warframe, something like Jhin from League of Legends? His whole purpose could be finding creative and skillful ways to kill enemies and he would reward the player for doing so, like increasing critical and status chance for weapons after killing an enemy while aim-gliding or sliding. His kit could have really neat visuals, and maybe even turn enemies into pieces of sculpted art. He could even have special ways of interacting with the newly introduced mercy kills.

A summoner.

I thought long ago about how this would work. I always wanted a frame that changes his way to play hodilng down each ability button, like changing mode or stuff like that and having a summoner doing that would be interesting because you're able to make his obligatory (as its theme implies) companion change entirely and each of his companion change would also trigger a significant change in its skill, think of like having 4 augments to the same skill and you change it on the fly.

Each time you change it through a "summon" you could change how it works based on factions from like Grinner > Corpus > Infested > Sentient and its skills changes to look like something that strongly resembles and feels like said faction.

His companions instead of using already known companions like Kubrows, Kavats, Moas, etc. it could be something new or some other animal.

Those summons attributes would be inhereted from the warframe itself and they could have a defensor behaviour and never attack first and aways attack whatever we are also attacking or in the direction we are shooting.

EDIT: spelling.

Friendship Warframe.

powers like an ability that mirrors the state changing abilities like Volt's speed or Loki's invisibility

or an ability that puts an enemy into a state where a timer counts down on them and during that time any damage they receive builds up as momentum like in breath of the wild letting you throw enemies at each other to damage groups.

or an ability that can be held down while targeting an ally to record their actions and then create a "clone" that does what ever they did on a loop before being damaged enough to disappear or timing out.

designed on being able to function with a team, get the best benefit from the squad and benefit his allies. more skill based than just strong. 

the visual style could be soft and round and kind of gentle looking.

An ultimate elements frame. One that take warframes such as hydroid, ember,frost, atlas and maybe you need another or 2 more frameswith metal and air based abillities so their parts can be used. Maybe in future select few frames such as this can be given a 5th abillity due to the difficulty to craft. like the avatar haha

Also since there are already frames based on myth such as wukong(who should have an ape animation variant), nezha and inaros you can always look to other myths. 

Such as spiderlike or snakelike WFs based on archne or Mansa devi devi the goddess of snakes. 

Hey, I just want to say beforehand that even though this most likely won't be picked, i'm genuinely intrigued by those who've taken more time to post a submission, and hope that their ideas are considered, rather than someone who might just be complaining about the game constantly.

So, I think that this new Warframe should have a more Void / Glitch theme, being considered of what Limbo could have been, but in no way to replace him, a hacker or magician almost... Though maybe slightly corrupted? For example having the ability to alter enemies' physiology to a point where they're weakened, or even become a bomb, affecting other enemies in some way upon detonation, I think also, a charge up mechanic, either by defeating enemies, or charging on specific enemies might be cool.

I assume that this WF will be made after not Protea, but the next new frame, or even the next one after that, making it a male character, so how about giving a guy some BOOTY? (JK but we all know how much fan service has gone into the female frames as of late...).

Seriously though, things this new Warframe needs regardless of what theme it will be are:

• A design that utilises the current engine and settings as much as possible (because let's face it, DE focus WAYYY too much time and effort on how the game looks, rather than how it works and what you can do, so let's at least have it look the best.)
  • A model that doesn't intrude too heavily on armour and syandanas (because the majority of frames are just clip city.)
  • Sound design that distracts the user only long enough to think "That's really cool", but not long enough for them to forget about jumping up from a knockdown...
  • And finally, A reason to play it, (Preferably it not being OP, but just straight up useful and not the genocide of all our foes...)

I know this was a bit of a long post, but I do feel it's more necessary to explain myself, while still leaving enough space to work with for the other sections, if you think this would be a great Warframe, then please, like this post ❤️

Archived