Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Gold

We all know how much the Orokin loved their golden ornaments; would it not make sense if they distilled their love for the shining precious metal into a Warframe as well?

Let's call him Aurum for now, the latin name for the element gold. He would be an artist and an artisan, create stunningly beautiful sculptures out of gold, control streams of liquid gold, maybe even turn mundane objects (or enemies) into Gold to fuel his creation.

There would definitely be a certain elegance to his character, as well as arrogance, thinking himself above his foes. But in the end all that matters to him is his creativity, his craftmanship and his dedication to the most valuable metal in the Orokin Empire.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb PsiWarp:

Theme: Oracle

Inspiration: The Quills and the Unum, specifically the ability to see into the alternative timelines.

Potential backstory material: A Warframe hidden within the Tower of the Unum, as her eyes beyond its walls and her protector. An ancient prophecy unfolds, detailing the coming of the New War, with this Warframe playing a key part in turning the tide.

The Unum's protector was Gara if I remember right

A lot of people have been wanting a true summoner frame, and i think it would be cool to have more out-of-mission customization. Let me have my captain frame built for survival and mobility while i summon minions each built around something else. like one for crit, one for slash, and one for heat or tox. No more time limits like with Inaros and Nekros. just health management and strategy. 

Oh man, this is quite exciting cause I had this idea buzzing around in my head for quite a while! In fact, I have an entire thing already written up for it! it definitely won't be the best idea, but I am excited to put my idea out there! :D

Khulji, The Hunter.

A Kubrow based warframe

Description: With a hefty amount of health and armor and a pack to follow him, Khulji hunts across any terrain to find his prey.

Possible Backstory: during the conflicts between the Orokin and the Grineer, one of the Warframes developed before the Tenno rebellion was designed to
hunt in the forest and on the plains of the Earth, the Tenno eventually loosing contact with any outside forces of allies and left to his own, hunting
Grineer and what ever steps into his home, eventually even finding Sentients and adding their technology to his weapons which were already quite
misshapen creations of multiple difference technologies of the factions he came across. His secondary was fashioned mainly out of Sentient technology.
His primary is a mish-mash of many different technologies, a tenno weapon as a base with an Corpus scope, a Grineer under barrel grenade launcher,
and a sentient core embeded in it to give it it's radiation damage. as for Khulji himself, when he was a young lad in the Orokin empire but he was an
orphan with no loved ones besides his Kubrow, Volak. He was sent out by the Orokin to scout out a forest to find a Grineer camp. He found the camp but
unfortunately the Grineer found him and as he was trying to escape, Volak jumped in and attacked a Grineer bombard to give Khulji a chance to escape,
him only able to catch a glance as the Grineer slaughter his pet. He runs off into the forest and survives for weeks by being taken in by a pack of
kubrows before making it back to the Orokin empire after the success of Umbra. He grows up and becomes an experimentation to be an umbral himself and
released into the forests with nothing but a painful memory, the thrill of the hunt, countless of kubrow allies, and just a sword to follow through with
his internal pains.

Abilities:

1) Dig
The warframe digs into the ground and finds health, energy, ammo, and credits.

ability strength cap on how many credits that the warframe gets from digging
effected by efficiency and strength

augment) Unending Excavation: The Dig is no longer effected by the cap and can be held down for a constant amount of loot.

Effected   | Rank 1 | Rank 2 | Rank 3 | Rank 4 |
Strength   |  100%  |  175%  |  250%  |  325%  | (Success chance)
Efficiency |   25   |   20   |   15   |   10   | (Energy per use)

2) Hunter Tracking
The warframe uses scent to track down enemies and also gives a buff to all within his range that allows them to see the enemy as well.

effected by range, duration, and efficiency

augment) On the Hunt: Enemies who are being hunted have higher drop rates and given affinity. Augment is effected by strength

Effected  | Rank 1 | Rank 2 | Rank 3 | Rank 4 |
Strength  |   10%  |  15%   |  20%   |   25%  | (Base boost given for augment)
Range     |   15M  |  20M   |  25M   |   30M  | (Base range in meters)
Efficiency|   8    |  6     |  4     |   2    | (energy used per second)

3) Ferocious Howl
The warframe lets out a howl to his allies that gives everyone withing his range a boost to all of their stats.

effected by strength, efficiency, duration, and range

augment) Volatile Howl: using the howl ability causes electricity to arc off of people effected by the howl for the entirety of the duration

Strength  |   10%  |  15%   |  20%   |   25%  | (Base boost given)
Efficiency|   45   |  40    |  35    |   30   | (energy per use)
Range     |   15M  |  20M   |  25M   |   30M  | (Base range in meters)
duration  |   5s   |  10s   |  15s   |   20s  | (Base duration in seconds)

4) Pack Call
The warframe calls for a pack of kubrows to come out and attack enemies nearby. The Kubrows will occasionally use the dig precept and scavenge precept.

Effected by strength, efficiency, range, and duration
Strength and the warframe's stats will effect the health, armor, and damage of the kubrows spawned
efficiency effects the augment and base energy costs
range effects how far kubrows will spawn, hunt, and give buffs
duration effects how long they will last before burrowing away

augment) Pack Essentials: Kubrows will now give a buff that increases the drop rate of enemies for all allies within the warframe's range as well as
giving an increase to enemy radar by +15 and making the abillity toggleable

Strength  |  50%   |  100%  |  150%  |  200%  | (Base Percent of Warframe's Health)
               |  50%   |  100%  |  150%  |  200%  | (Base Percent of Warframe's armor)
               |  100   |  175   |  250   |  325   | (Base Damage of Kubrow's Attacks as Slash Damage)
Range     |  15m   |  20m   |  25m   |  30m   | (Range of which kubrows spawn and hunt)
Efficiency|  200   |  175   |  150   |  125   | (Cost per use)
               |  15    |  11    |  8     |  5     | (Cost per second)
               |  15    |  20    |  25    |  30    | (Base Number of Kubrows Spawned)
duration  |  15s   |  20s   |  25s   |  30s   | (Base duration in seconds)

Khulji's passive is a 25% health, shield, and critical increase to all kubrow companions in the group as well as the ability to open locked lockers at a
25% success rate. Summoned kubrows are not effected by this boost.

Health: 100 (400 at rank 30)
Armor: 300
Energy: 100 (250 at rank 30)
Shield: 10 (100 at rank 30)
sprint Speed: 1.45

the color of the Kubrows are effected by the primary, secondary, and energy color of the warframe.
Agile animation will have him slightly lowered to the ground with a forward-backward sway and the noble animation will have him standing up with that same
forward-backward sway. special occurence animation is a howl.

Parts for the frame are found by destroying kubrow dens in the same way the kubrow eggs are obtained and the main blueprint is bought off of the market.

Primary:
Serax
A multi-action rifle with a three mode toggle with it's secondary action between sniper mode with a scope, assualt rifle mode with a base damage that is
similar to the karak, and a launcher that fires projectiles that will explode on contact with a surface.

Can use unique, sniper, and assualt rifle only mods, but they will only effect the mode they are used for, in example, charged champer won't effect the
grenades.

Secondary:
Kittar
a small pistol that hits enemies with a jolt of electricity like a small lightning bolt with a secondary feature of shooting out a disc that will slow
enemies around it and arc energy at the enemies within it's range that explode after a delay.

the traps will always have an innate electrical damage and explosive damage, but will also have the damage put on the weapon.

Melee:
Quair
A serrated blade that is used to avenge the fallen kubrows of the pack and keep them all alive, the Quair gives 25 health on kill. if the kill is with a
critical or heavy attack, the amount of health orbs spawned is effected by the modifier.

I do have a base idea sketch that I did for him, but it is quite old and doesn't quite hold up to my current style.

EDIT: I did an updated sketch idea.

BookScanStation-2020-03-09-10-49-57-AM.j

Kami, Maiden of umbilical Radiance

This is Kami. The paper maiden. Her ivory ribbons' hypnotic dance are deceptively deadly. Once a warrior mother, now the keeper of scrolls and secrets. She creates life from where there is only paper, intimitaly connected to her offspring and allies alike. Be wary of her allure tenno, because paper cuts deep.

Kami is a female warframe that looks very flowy and is adorned with different kinds of long paper ribbons. She is the paper warframe, using it to origami-fold it / herself into various constructs, lashing out with it and protecting herself and her allies. 

All of her construct are connected to her similar to Nekros shield of shadows minions with a paper umbilical cord. She cann also utilise these cords on enemies and friends alike. 

Backstory: Kami was originally a warframe that was designed to serve as cheap cannonfodder as her frame could easily be reproduced from the orokin bio-paper that was utilised in her construction. Her progenitor was a very humble woman, a young mother of no remarkable offspring who was forced into the painful transformation. Once deployed she turned out to be far more resilient and deadly than anticipated, but she proved to have one immense flaw: her compassion. Her appreciation of beauty and life itself made her resistant when commanded to do things that would normally have been considered war crimes. She was eventually shelved and only used in the archives, where she helped scientist and philosophers alike in their  work. 

Her themes are: fragile, transforming, summoner, spiritualist, origami, miko, mother

My suggestion is for a frame with a concept similar to the power of the main character in the Guilty Crown anime: he can draw weapons and tools out of other people by materializing an object based on their personality or certain traits they have.

Examples could be drawing a gun that can apply invis to allies from manics, a sentry gun from heavy gunners, a jetpack that allows for flight from bombards, etc.

Other abilities for the frame could allow for the saving of these objects, or maybe passing them to allies temporarily, or even combining them (how that would work I don't know).

A mercury/quicksilver theme.
Adapt your body to enemy attacks.
Adapt your limbs into deadly weapons.
Change your form. Change your style. Meet the moment.
Become the ultimate shield or the ultimate spear.

Adapt, Tenno. Adapt and thrive.

I'd like to see a Corpus build immitation frame, and the lore could be something like; The corpus recovered some of alad V's secret research into warframes, and decided to try to build their own. Therefore they used parts scavanged from Orokin ships and structures, where they found a "basic" frame design, which they modified to their liking, equiping it with corpus-tech. They, however, did not know how to operete it, and thus... *Lore mission where parts are optained* resaulting in the Tenno faction recovering(stealing) the frame.

God I take just a couple minutes to do something else and the thread is already at 8 pages. Then again, what could I have expected, this is literally every video game nerd's biggest dream

So, this has been suggested already in this thread (as have most ideas that would easily be doable), but, we need a kuva based frame. My thought is as such:

A kuva lich that was attempted to be enhanced by the helminth virus by the queens, to try to make a lich with the power of warframes. However, it went wrong and turned against the Grineer. Its powers would all be based around Kuva, need to be built with kuva, etc. Maybe give it some sort of special synergy with using kuva lich weapons, or a passive that makes it stronger against Liches.

Archived