Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I still really wish I could see my Soldier idea, Soldaat, He focuses on keeping himself and his teammates fully stocked on ammo and making sure every bullet counts. He's more of an infantry Tenno, and focuses more on guns than blades. Instead of a gunslinger like Mesa though, he's more of a utility kind of Frame in some areas and concentrated fighter in others, like a soldier.  I'm more than okay if DE decides to take it in another direction, but I would still love to see it become a thing.

Here's the old post if anyone wants to see. 

Swarm Queen: Jara

Link to my full Concept: Swarm Queen Jara

A Caster based Warframe with low armour but fairly decent health because she is supported by her swarm.

As her energy gets more full, she would have more insects from her swarm crawling over her visually.

Jara is a corruption of the word Jarad in Arabic, which means Locust. I chose Arabic because it is the current official language of Egypt which ties in to the biblical swarm of locust that plagued ancient Egypt. Which is also where I got some of the inspiration for Jara’s 2nd and 4th Ability, a swarm of insects devouring everything in sight.

The idea is that on her own she is rather squishy, like a bug, so you’d want her swarm to be constantly helping her out. The more enemies and allies are around her the stronger she gets.

Lore:

I imagine her back story to be that during creation she failed all the simple kill tests with only a few enemies to fight against. When the original test subject was to be put down the standard team of Dax sent to do the job were slaughtered because there were more of them than she had ever faced before. The Orokin research facility was overwhelmed as they tried to send more and more soldiers to eliminate her until only she remained. Ballas saw the potential and sent a lone Dax to re-capture her. He then brought the design under control and began producing it to send into the largest enemy held locations and watch the devastation unfold.

shoJYKD_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

concept: https://imgur.com/a/Ku4GZzW 

I worked on this concept with my bud ZestyDoesThings about a Siren Warframe, the female water frame which is all about luring / incapacitating enemies then using her sharp claws and the power of the storm to do her bidding.

I imagined her quite slender and tall, she looks like she’s in a dress when standing with feet together but its like a long cuffed pants! 

When I first heard the warframe name  'Chroma' I was expecting something neat to do with rainbows and spectrums. So needless to say I was initially disappointed upon finding out that Chroma's theme was more Draconic than Chromatic. Not to say I dislike chroma, I enjoy him and his themeing but I still want a rainbow frame

So my idea for a warframe's theme would be something along the lines of rainbows and colours.  Enter 'Palette' the artistic warframe. Initially I was thinking of a Crystalline theme but between Atlas Deluxe and Gara we have that covered nicely.

Palette's theme would be a mix between 'artistic' (think paint splotches, elements of cubism on the helmet and generally bright vibrant colours) and 'Chemical Warfare' (Tanks of brightly coloured liquids, tubes pumping them around and apertures to spray them on victims) Her stature wouldn't be tall in fact I envision her to be quite skinny and short, her body isn't what you're supposed to notice after all, its her colours. Said colours would be especially noticeable as they blend and change throughout the battle as she tries new formulas and combinations to achieve maximum lethality. 

Backstory wise Palette would encapsulate Orokin Hubris. A warframe built to use horrific deadly compounds and solutions to an artistic but equally deadly end, the remains of battle left in her wake would be a chromatic horror show of burnt bodies, destroyed structures and brightly coloured messes. 

"There is an old earth book. The Art of war. One must wonder if the Orokin decided to go with a very literal interpretation." 

Warframe with theme based on old FPS games like Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake and of course Unreal Tournament. How would it work? Like for example passive that allows you to take up to 3 weapons of same category (3 primaries, 3 melee, Pistol +2 shotguns, etc.) Pick up buffs, increased ammo and melee efficiency.

How about an Aztec themed warframe. A living God of sorts. Using power from the sun and blood sacrifice. Maybe even an exalted Macuahuitl. I'm picturing something like Kotal Kahn from Mortal Kombat 9. A tall muscular frame. With tattoo like designs on the body. Perhaps a large colorful headdress or a golden mask. Something like Dagoth Ur from Morrowind.

Edit: Kotal Kahn is from Mortal Kombat X not MK9

Robot-Transformer themed warframe

with ability to transform into a turret

which can only use attack ability

and fire ranged weapons to enemies

in immobilized state,

butttttt can be interacted and

worn by ally warframe as a exoskeleton suit

and still attack enemy with

ranged weapons and attack ability

or buff that ally with defensive ability

while being part of that ally warframe

and move where they go.

Similar concept for supporting by sticking on to an ally can be found in

Heroes of the Storm - Abathur, Cho'gall

League of Legends - Yuumi

Bug Frame, because, you know, BugFrame 🙂

It could have abilities to undergo metamorphosis, like bugs from Larvae state to Chrysalis to the adult state, and every state has its own perks and downsides. It could spawn eggs during the adult phase, have super strong shields = carapace during the Chrysalis  one, but very slow movement, etc. and preferably more than only 4 limbs if possible.

I've had an idea sitting on the back burner for a while now. I thought of a frame which I've been calling Atum, a sort of a play on the Egyptian god based around creation, referred to as Atum or Atem, and Atom.

The core theme around Atum is Energy. A high base energy pool, and a reactor-like device on his left arm. He can pool his energy into his reactor to "overcharge" his abilities to increase their strength, or add additonal effects based on the amount he charges, with abilities themed around Electricity, Radiation, and Blast. I thought of some good ability inspiration by drawing from themes around generators and nuclear reactors, such as "Condense", "Containment", and "Fission". These are simply my own ideas for abilities, but the star of the show is his reactor. Every part of his kit would revolve around charging energy into his reactor to create stronger effects, giving players the freedom to choose how powerful they want to make their abilities on the fly.

I would like to see a weather based warframe. It utilizes wind, rain, snow, lightning to control enemies and provide buffs/debuffs. It could be made so that its abilities alter to the tile sets on each map (like tile sets that are set in frozen lands provide snow attacks while warmer based tile sets have rain based ones). That way it can provide a variety of play styles for players.

Archived