Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, DE Indirectly Nerfed Mirage With the New Update.

Gawizard

So, DE removed self damage which indirectly screwed over the two most popular DPS frames in the game. I really dont play or enjoy playing chroma but mirage being nerfed is unfortunate. DE recently (about 3-4 months ago) re-enabled heat and electric procs to cause mirage to receive full damage buff but now, with the complete removal of self proccing (showed with the Napalm Grenades fire patch, which did not deal damage but simply procced heat on anyone except allies who walked over it, not setting yourself ablaze anymore), this seems to completely make mirage obsolete for any "end game" content within the game.

Her other "amazing" builds she had was with her updated augment, explosive legerdemain, that changed mirage from being a high single target damage frame into the natural trickster she is, turning drops into proximity mines that dealt under par damage per unit but was made usable due to the amount you could have spawned. With the recent changes to AoE weapons, they did not announce that they gave her mines damage fall off. This severely reduces her damage output. Now i dont want mirage to be the perfect frame. She wasnt and currently isnt but nerfing some of the most creative features a frame has does not sit well with me.

(Before you mention a frame rework, I am completely fine with a frame rework but if a frame rework comes with the cost of completely redefining the core theme and gameplay of the frame, id rather have the old version at its best.)

• Like 4

Explosive legerdemain being hit by self damage AoE falloff changes sounds like some spaghetti code oversight, since it never did damage to yourself. I'd post that in the bug reports section.

• Like 1

I legitimately think both how her survivability and how ECLIPSE functions need to be looked at. The concept of her being a trickster who uses light manipulation while being a soldier like warframe (focuses on weapon combat) is actually really fun...when she can do the damage she is capable of consistently and isn't falling on her butt every three seconds.

Otherwise I do like her but the fact that she is basically relegated needing to find the brightest lamp on the map to achieve maximum damage or finding the tiniest shade possible by hiding behind a bush just for more reasonable levels of survivability makes her too inconvenient to play even if you are just messing around with her.

The times I normally pull her out are when I have rapid fire weapons like secura dual cestra running a void fissure mission so I can get that inifinite ammor buff so I could run around like maniac unleashing a never ending cloud like torrent of projectiles into literally everything for a good minute and a half. But as far as taking her into anything like railjack, sorties, or kuva lich missions to push her to the limit I ain't gonna touch her because chances she will spend a good chunk of the mission on the floor.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ebrl said:

Explosive legerdemain being hit by self damage AoE falloff changes sounds like some spaghetti code oversight, since it never did damage to yourself. I'd post that in the bug reports section.

A lot of weapons received falloff that didn't have self-damage, because part of the point of the changes was rebalancing AoE weapons in general, but yeah, abilities weren't affected and EL is not a weapon. 

10 hours ago, Gawizard said:

removed self damage which indirectly screwed over the two most popular DPS frames in the game

If self damage is what made them great then it needed to go anyway. 

Both Chroma and Mirage have needed a rework for a while, and now they don't have this crutch to lean on to prevent it. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind,if a player can do something that can affect something that usually requires outside interaction isn't something any gamedev should cut down on unless its completely game breaking. Simply saying that self proccing going away makes them better for a rework means that you do not know the frame youre playing. I, myself, do not play chroma as much so i would not know what he would want but i do play mirage alot. Her current abilities if buffed is enough to make her usable (except her 4, its actual garbage). Now please do not come into this thread just to say "X needed a rework anyways" when you dont know exactly what that frame could have done before.

16 hours ago, Gawizard said:

So, DE removed self damage which indirectly screwed over the two most popular DPS frames in the game. I really dont play or enjoy playing chroma but mirage being nerfed is unfortunate. DE recently (about 3-4 months ago) re-enabled heat and electric procs to cause mirage to receive full damage buff but now, with the complete removal of self proccing (showed with the Napalm Grenades fire patch, which did not deal damage but simply procced heat on anyone except allies who walked over it, not setting yourself ablaze anymore), this seems to completely make mirage obsolete for any "end game" content within the game.

Her other "amazing" builds she had was with her updated augment, explosive legerdemain, that changed mirage from being a high single target damage frame into the natural trickster she is, turning drops into proximity mines that dealt under par damage per unit but was made usable due to the amount you could have spawned. With the recent changes to AoE weapons, they did not announce that they gave her mines damage fall off. This severely reduces her damage output. Now i dont want mirage to be the perfect frame. She wasnt and currently isnt but nerfing some of the most creative features a frame has does not sit well with me.

(Before you mention a frame rework, I am completely fine with a frame rework but if a frame rework comes with the cost of completely redefining the core theme and gameplay of the frame, id rather have the old version at its best.)

Feel like certain abilities and weapons should leave a lit trail for Mirage. Like her last ability should be like a giant light bulb. Maybe an augment that makes it travel a certain distance(range) and remains in place spinning to damage nearby enemies while providing light for mirage. Turn it into a duration based ability instead of an energy drain. Would help provide mirage a weapon damage buff while providing her cover too. Tried suggesting these changes multiple times. Maybe now DE will actually implement such change for mirage now that self inflicting fire proc no longer exist.