Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee needs to be fixed yet again

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

On 2020-05-14 at 4:32 PM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Yup, so chances of an actual pvp game are slim at best

As far as Conclave goes, it's just a spare time project of two folks at DE as it is. It's not gonna get any focus until there's downtime to work on it, and with a whole conga line of other far more important things to work on, well, maybe it'll get a look in a year or two.

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

As far as Conclave goes, it's just a spare time project of two folks at DE as it is. It's not gonna get any focus until there's downtime to work on it, and with a whole conga line of other far more important things to work on, well, maybe it'll get a look in a year or two.

Youre acting like conclave have issues other than weapon balancing. It just takes a single person to change those factors (which was done before chains of harrow) so again if you have nothing to contribute to the thread topic which is melee balancing in conclave then dont bother.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)CallMeTelos said:

maybe dont remove it but just nerf the slide

The airswipe would then be the issue.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CallMeTelos said:

Staticor needs to be removed it overpowerd and unbalanced

Only with saryn. Saryn needs to be fixed or removed like ember and vauban.

On 2020-05-16 at 8:24 PM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Youre acting like conclave have issues other than weapon balancing. It just takes a single person to change those factors (which was done before chains of harrow) so again if you have nothing to contribute to the thread topic which is melee balancing in conclave then dont bother.

I don't think conclave's problems reside just on weapons balancing. The movement we have, abilities, mods, etc, everything needs to be looked at. Warframe can't and will not work as a pvp game in it's current state, but if you limit the movement and re-work some stuff, it can.

Still i think pvp should be removed from the game. It doesn't serve a purpose and no one is playing it.

On 2020-05-16 at 3:24 PM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Youre acting like conclave have issues other than weapon balancing

Correct me if I'm wrong or if these things have been fixed, but I'm pretty sure new players are still thrown in with just a melee, weapons and Warframes still have to be acquired via arduous PvE (not great if the meta is leaning towards something like the Snipetron), higher-skilled players can and do idle at Recruit Conditioning (not great for the first experiences of new players), there's some OHKO combinations that go a little bit beyond mere weapon balancing (among a few other potentially buggy interactions)...

Most of that is aside from the topic at hand, but let's not be too hasty and say the topic at hand is the be-all and end-all of Conclave issues, yeah?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-20 at 3:45 PM, tobiparty said:

I don't think conclave's problems reside just on weapons balancing. The movement we have, abilities, mods, etc, everything needs to be looked at. Warframe can't and will not work as a pvp game in it's current state, but if you limit the movement and re-work some stuff, it can.

Still i think pvp should be removed from the game. It doesn't serve a purpose and no one is playing it.

The purpose is being able to go against an enemy that actually challenges us. 

So can you give explicit examples here for me to reply to or are you just going to be content with a blanket statement here without any substance? Like whats wrong with the current movement in conclave? And whats wrong with the mods we currently have?

On 2020-05-20 at 5:36 PM, Tyreaus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong or if these things have been fixed, but I'm pretty sure new players are still thrown in with just a melee, weapons and Warframes still have to be acquired via arduous PvE (not great if the meta is leaning towards something like the Snipetron), higher-skilled players can and do idle at Recruit Conditioning (not great for the first experiences of new players), there's some OHKO combinations that go a little bit beyond mere weapon balancing (among a few other potentially buggy interactions)...

Most of that is aside from the topic at hand, but let's not be too hasty and say the topic at hand is the be-all and end-all of Conclave issues, yeah?

Youve listed very niche issues that very few people have an issue with. Changing recruit conditions isnt the same as weapon balancing.

The issues i was referring to was weapon balancing issues. In regards to snipetron being meta, i suggest you play more before you come to me saying this one weapon is somehow more of an issue than what this thread was about, melee being broken

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Youve listed very niche issues that very few people have an issue with. Changing recruit conditions isnt the same as weapon balancing.

The issues i was referring to was weapon balancing issues. In regards to snipetron being meta, i suggest you play more before you come to me saying this one weapon is somehow more of an issue than what this thread was about, melee being broken

I believe what I wrote bears re-reading. For example, I didn't say Snipetron is meta, I said if it was. My last sentence also emphasized that those sorts of issues are beside the point of the topic, but I felt a need to reply because those are issues. Which is contrary to your apparent claim that Conclave has no issues outside weapon balancing.

To reiterate: yes, let's keep on topic. Let's also not fool ourselves and believe that this is the only problem Conclave has.