Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee needs to be fixed yet again

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

7 hours ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

Especially Wolf Sledge? Do you really think it's worse to deal with than Telos Boltace?

It's a homing, large hitbox, high damage weapon that allows you to block all incoming damage while launching it. It's not as terrible as the Telos Boltace but it's certainly out of place in Conclave.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tachmag said:

It's a homing, large hitbox, high damage weapon that allows you to block all incoming damage while launching it. It's not as terrible as the Telos Boltace but it's certainly out of place in Conclave.

it would be fine if they just removed the homing and the aoe. i love throwing my yeet stick and killing people. and currently its the only consistent way in damaging melee only users at range

What if we fix conclave as a whole and not just melee?

Cuz, you know, as it stands, current maps were mostly designed for Parkor 1.0 and has not been updated with Parkour 2.0. The current parkour doesn't really fare well with map design and game balance.

What I mean:

Guns were balanced on the basis of Parkour 1.0.

Maps were balanced on the basis of Parkour 1.0.

Melee was balanced on the basis of Parkour 2.0.

In other words, I think conclave in itself needs a rework to properly fuse with the current parkour. Fixing melee will only solve 1/3 of the problem.

31 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

What if we fix conclave as a whole and not just melee?

Cuz, you know, as it stands, current maps were mostly designed for Parkor 1.0 and has not been updated with Parkour 2.0. The current parkour doesn't really fare well with map design and game balance.

What I mean:

Guns were balanced on the basis of Parkour 1.0.

Maps were balanced on the basis of Parkour 1.0.

Melee was balanced on the basis of Parkour 2.0.

In other words, I think conclave in itself needs a rework to properly fuse with the current parkour. Fixing melee will only solve 1/3 of the problem.

i very much disagree with you on the map front. yes, some parts in maps are a bit janky but maps like bunkers and compound were created well after the addition of movement 2.0.

other than specific named guns such as zakti, guns in conclave need very little changes due to the addition of shield gating.

and if you think melee at all is balanced then you clearly dont play much conclave.

20 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

The blocking is something all melee weapons have. The wolf sledge on its own is really one of the only weapons that breaks through the blocking consistently. 

Also weren't you the guy who wanted the staticor to be buffed? 

I have never wanted staticor to be buffed? Hell I wouldn't miss it if it was removed tbh.

Sigma & Octantis can also spam throws while blocking, not quite as infuriating as wolf sledge but it's there.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

and if you think melee at all is balanced then you clearly dont play much conclave.

Dunno what my post had to make you think like that but ok.

You need to realize that fixing melee won't save conclave. Conclave needs to be redone entirely.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

other than specific named guns such as zakti, guns in conclave need very little changes due to the addition of shield gating.

Why do you conclave players have so many contradictions within yourselves? No I don't mean you, but as a whole.

I've been seeing lots of posts that are wanting shield gating removed from conclave. so where does that put conclave guns in?

And seemingly enough, there are players that also enjoy shield gating in conclave.

When the community is divided to this extent about this balance, then I think we have a problem with gun balance.

2 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Dunno what my post had to make you think like that but ok.

You need to realize that fixing melee won't save conclave. Conclave needs to be redone entirely.

Conclave will never be super popular due to most of the community wanting a pve experience.

If DE can fix what they have then it would be idiotic to rework something only for it to fall into disrepair 

Why do you conclave players have so many contradictions within yourselves? No I don't mean you, but as a whole.

I've been seeing lots of posts that are wanting shield gating removed from conclave. so where does that put conclave guns in?

And seemingly enough, there are players that also enjoy shield gating in conclave.

Its mainly pc players. They currently want to encourage a high movement 1 shot environment with pin point accurate weapons. Conclave currently is shifting from that and turning into a timed response to enemy attacks

An average player cant consistently pull off 1 shot kills and on console this is viewed as a relatively good thing

When the community is divided to this extent about this balance, then I think we have a problem with gun balance.

Its mainly divided on platform. Given time the pc players will put their big boy socks on again and get on with the changes. Like they had to when chains of harrow was released 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Its mainly divided on platform. Given time the pc players will put their big boy socks on again and get on with the changes. Like they had to when chains of harrow was released 

We won't. Quite a few people have already quit. Of those that remain, most hate the crackhead mechanic that is shield gating. No mechanic has ever #*!%ed up Conclave as much as shield gating. Especially with the invulnerability timer.

2 minutes ago, Tachmag said:

We won't. Quite a few people have already quit. Of those that remain, most hate the crackhead mechanic that is shield gating. No mechanic has ever #*!%ed up Conclave as much as shield gating. Especially with the invulnerability timer.

Well its fixed a huge amount of console issues. Only certain weapons and melee to fix and conclave is golden

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Well its fixed a huge amount of console issues. Only certain weapons and melee to fix and conclave is golden

It #*!%ed over autos on PC.
It overly rewards hit-n-run on PC.
It skewed the balance of eHP greatly towards lights.
It constantly #*!%s over high damage weapons because shield regen kicks in as soon as you land a hit, which means you deal 1 point of shield damage.
It #*!%ed over weapons that didn't need to be #*!%ed over (Lanka, Tigris series, Zarr barrage mode, mother#*!%ing Drakgoon and many more).

Meanwhile, S#&$ like melee can still get headshots for some reason which allow for them to one-shot.
Scourge alt fire is plain retarded now since headshots give you a 1.25s+ ttk advantage.

21 minutes ago, Tachmag said:

It #*!%ed over autos on PC.
It overly rewards hit-n-run on PC.
It skewed the balance of eHP greatly towards lights.
It constantly #*!%s over high damage weapons because shield regen kicks in as soon as you land a hit, which means you deal 1 point of shield damage.
It #*!%ed over weapons that didn't need to be #*!%ed over (Lanka, Tigris series, Zarr barrage mode, mother#*!%ing Drakgoon and many more).

Meanwhile, S#&$ like melee can still get headshots for some reason which allow for them to one-shot.
Scourge alt fire is plain retarded now since headshots give you a 1.25s+ ttk advantage.

Just time your shots on your auto weapons... done just hold down your peft mouse button and expect to get a kill. Also headshots avoid shield gating so its not even an issue if you can aim

Only weapons that got screwed are shotguns. And even then they still function decently 

On 2020-03-21 at 10:28 AM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Like i have just said in the post you quoted the wolf sledge is one of the only weapons in conclave that cant be blocked by melee cheese like nikana. maybe if you used your gun instead of just blocking and running I wouldn't keep aoeing you to death and just shoot you instead.

Plus the person on your team was also abusing the telos boltace. Now if you think that we wouldn't switch to our anti cheese loadouts in response then wow.

I only started using the Nikana heavily after the wolf sledge spam . I was actually using opticor most of the time . But honestly DE don’t care about conclave , all these bugs left after years . Still can’t believe they allowed the bramma in there .

9 hours ago, (PS4)ggh667124 said:

I only started using the Nikana heavily after the wolf sledge spam . I was actually using opticor most of the time . But honestly DE don’t care about conclave , all these bugs left after years . Still can’t believe they allowed the bramma in there .

the bramma was an accident. what was a poor excuse of QA testing was hydroid panthera. its the job of a QA tester to test every weapon and fame combo to make sure everything worked as intended. the clearly didnt do that in conclave as a result we had hydroid panthera.

another poor excuse of QA testing was these melee changes and how they effect conclave,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very, very unpopular opinion I'm sure, but DE should end Conclave support as part of Warframe.

*waits 30 seconds*

Are you done with the tantrum? Good, let me continue.

Spin it off into a $20 stand alone PvP-only game with rudimentary botsupport, sell packs once a year that collect the weapons released in Warframe, and turn it loose to modders and folks who want to host their own servers and mutators/game modes.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-10 at 1:13 AM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

You know this is talking about conclave right?

who even plays conclave? lol. You and that one guy that got triggered cause of universal medallions. 

I do not dislike pvp in games (i play destiny pvp and other fps) but warframe  isn't made for it.

3 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Very, very unpopular opinion I'm sure, but DE should end Conclave support as part of Warframe.

*waits 30 seconds*

Are you done with the tantrum? Good, let me continue.

Spin it off into a $20 stand alone PvP-only game with rudimentary botsupport, sell packs once a year that collect the weapons released in Warframe, and turn it loose to modders and folks who want to host their own servers and mutators/game modes.

If you want something like that then by all means make a thread and see how many agree with.

However this thread is about the pvp we have. And i for one want that pvp balanced and fixed.

3 hours ago, tobiparty said:

who even plays conclave? lol. You and that one guy that got triggered cause of universal medallions. 

I do not dislike pvp in games (i play destiny pvp and other fps) but warframe  isn't made for it.

If you dont have anything to contribute to the thread then dont comment, this thread isnt about how many people play conclave or about medallions. 

Im talking about melee being op in conclave 

• Like 1