Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PVP suggestion (please don't hurt me)

Kaligath

Well i was wondering in pvp there is a clear unbalance factor as all warframes are designed for PVE thus creates some broken issues within PVP but i had this idea instead of going into a PVP arena as your warframe what if you go into the arena as your tenno that you link up with your chosen sentinel that you choose to bring and control it much like a MOBA you play as a champion wile AI minion as those little bobble heads run in waves attack the enemy's base.

As you progress with kills you gain a currency that you can spend to upgrade your sentinel giving it modules to improve its effectiveness and for winning matches you gain a currency to modulate your sentinel with a magnitude of upgrades.

Due to the nature of design really warframe has always been a game designed around PVE thus all calculations of development for all the equipment in warframe is tailored around PVE wile trying to incorporate that into PVP would guarantee broken aspects where some warframes would be considered broken and re-balancing them would damage the PVE aspect of the game. Thus the only solution i could think of is not have warframes involved in PVP thus they retain being in PVE wile sentinels now have a alternative use to be used as the PVP aspect.

In the end balancing both game modes would not be impossible as they would not effect each other to a degree as you would be able to use these sentinels in PVE anyway but as we are at this point in time most people stick to using pets rather then floating droids.

2 hours ago, Kaligath said:

Due to the nature of design really warframe has always been a game designed around PVE thus all calculations of development for all the equipment in warframe is tailored around PVE wile trying to incorporate that into PVP would guarantee broken aspects where some warframes would be considered broken and re-balancing them would damage the PVE aspect of the game. Thus the only solution i could think of is not have warframes involved in PVP thus they retain being in PVE wile sentinels now have a alternative use to be used as the PVP aspect.

In the end balancing both game modes would not be impossible as they would not effect each other to a degree as you would be able to use these sentinels in PVE anyway but as we are at this point in time most people stick to using pets rather then floating droids.

Have you played Conclave at all? In PvP, weapons and Warframes have separate stats. Changing said stats wouldn't affect PvE at all. Same goes for abilities: they can have vastly different effects in Conclave without affecting PvE, as shown by stuff such as Shadows of the Dead.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Kaligath said:

in pvp there is a clear unbalance factor as all warframes are designed for PVE thus creates some broken issues within PVP

Got some examples? You know, to get an idea of your experience instead of seeing it as just another player using buzzwords.

20 hours ago, Kaligath said:

what if you go into the arena as your tenno that you link up with your chosen sentinel that you choose to bring and control it much like a MOBA you play as a champion wile AI minion as those little bobble heads run in waves attack the enemy's base.

As pointed above: What would be the point of playing a part of "warframe" that doesn't include "warframes"?

• Like 3

On 2020-03-29 at 5:55 PM, Kaligath said:

Well i was wondering in pvp there is a clear unbalance factor as all warframes are designed for PVE thus creates some broken issues within PVP but i had this idea instead of going into a PVP arena as your warframe what if you go into the arena as your tenno that you link up with your chosen sentinel that you choose to bring and control it much like a MOBA you play as a champion wile AI minion as those little bobble heads run in waves attack the enemy's base.

As you progress with kills you gain a currency that you can spend to upgrade your sentinel giving it modules to improve its effectiveness and for winning matches you gain a currency to modulate your sentinel with a magnitude of upgrades.

3upeh9.jpg

• Like 4

On 2020-03-29 at 10:55 PM, Kaligath said:

I'm pretty sure that the Conclave doesn't need the toxicity born with League of Legends, caused by League of Legends, and spread by kids that ran away from League of Legends because they couldn't handle it.

... I was going to say something more blunt and straight at the nerve, as is my nature, but I'm not actively looking to rack up Warning Points as if its reputation.

• Like 1

I will say it and in this topic again and it would be great for a moderator or community manager read this.

Wearing a conclave sigil in pve missions should grand you conclave standing like any other syndicate but DE prefer to ban people who co oporate to complete conclave challenges instead of letting people farm daily standing by playing pve missions.

Propably they feel happy banning players.

5 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

Wearing a conclave sigil in pve missions should grand you conclave standing like any other syndicate but DE prefer to ban people who co oporate to complete conclave challenges instead of letting people farm daily standing by playing pve missions.

Let's not forget that the conclave syndicate is intended to be focused on PvP activity, and because of that it is that PvE players are constantly pushing against any possible way to integrate it into the game's economy by keeping its rewards mainly as get and forget cosmetics (except the syandana, this requires an upkeep that, surprisingly enough, some PvE players want to remove at any cost).

With that in mind, exploiting the matchmaking system in order to boost rep gain goes against the intention of PvP and trivializes part of the game. Another of the reasons why players doing it get banned is because they also get overly toxic at anyone trying to play the PvP side of the game as intended rather than taking place in their win trading.

About getting PvP standing from PvE gameplay, that would simply defeat the purpose of having a pvp focused syndicate with its own unique rewards. 

Edited by Stormdragon
Typos and added some stuff
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

Let's not forget that the conclave syndicate is intended to be focused on PvP activity, and because of that it is that PvE players are constantly pushing against any possible way to integrate it into the game's economy by keeping its rewards mainly as get and forget cosmetics (except the syandana, this requires an upkeep that, surprisingly enough, some PvE players want to remove at any cost).

With that in mind, exploiting the matchmaking system in order to boost rep gain goes against the intention of PvP and trivializes part of the game. Another of the reasons why players doing it get banned is because they also get overly toxic at anyone trying to play the PvP side of the game as intended rather than taking place in their win trading.

About getting PvP standing from PvE gameplay, that would simply defeat the purpose of having a pvp focused syndicate with its own unique rewards. 

☝️ this tbh

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

Let me remind you that 90% of the conclave rewards are useless outside of the conclave.
Only few weapon skins are worthy to be obtained.
The mods are locked in conclave.
There are another 30+ syandanas in the market - syndicates - tennogen so there is no logic to rank up to typhoon in conclave just to get the syandana unless you are collector and you have to get that 1% of items that other people might not have.
The mode is dead from 90.000 players playing the game daily not even 100 of them play conclave (if they did i would find a match faster than waiting for 30 minutes in que. Also we are not allowed  to get matched with lower rank players).
Since it is very time consuming to even find a match, why DE does not rework the challenges to make them easier?
One challenge says "play 20 games" and to start a game you have to wait around 30 minutes per match (that's 6+ hours of waiting time just to complete 1 from the 3 challenges).
Then you have to win 10 games which is even more time consuming.
And for what?
To get 50.000 standing to get a weapon skin when there are another 3/5 skins to choose for most weapons in game with platinum.

The only way Conclave might get some attention is by putting a K-Drive racing mode in it and reworking the challenges but it won't happen since it is a lost cause.

i agree! if conclave had a main mod as a reward! something like primed pressure point or condition overload or maybe a few weapons that you can only get from doing conclave i'd wager it would be a lot more popular!
the game modes are not too bad at all bu it just seems pointless playing it as theres little reward imo (a bit like frame fighter with regards to its popularity)

Let me remind you that 90% of the conclave rewards are useless outside of the conclave.

So? Stuff like that only adds to the reasons why players don't play it, yet the same group of players has also been against any change to this situation as i pointed in the post you just quoted.

Only few weapon skins are worthy to be obtained

Skins on themselves have no real use, these don't provide any sort of change to the weapon (unless you want to talk about some really old skins like Fragor Brokk and 2 Scindo skins), and weapon skiks are also barely noticeable. Other than that, "worth obtaining" is subjective and i'm sure we wouldn't see people complaining for another way to get them if most of the skins weren't "worth obtaining".

The mods are locked in conclave

Not all of them, Conclave mods that can be used in PvE are also in the drop tables of sentient enemies. Anyone with at least a couple of runs of Scarlet Spear would most likely have noticed already due to the amount of these dropping.

6 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

There are another 30+ syandanas in the market - syndicates - tennogen so there is no logic to rank up to typhoon in conclave just to get the syandana unless you are collector and you have to get that 1% of items that other people might not have.

So? Because of that the Celestia syandana is probably the only thing that a player who is active in PvP has to show for it. Why to remove what makes it different to the rest of market and tennogen syandanas?

The mode is dead from 90.000 players playing the game daily not even 100 of them play conclave (if they did i would find a match faster than waiting for 30 minutes in que. Also we are not allowed  to get matched with lower rank players).

RNG matchmaking is an issue that DE hasn't fixed in a long time. We got a step in the right direction with dedicated servers but still no clue about a match browser to reduce waiting times. And even with the current RNG matchmaking where a player has to manually browse through 6 regions × 4 game modes × 2 player "tiers" (48 player pools, 24 of them locked for players in the higher ranks which then are also tied to your ping setting) i've never had to wait even 5 minutes for a lobby, let alone 30.

Btw, i think it's worth mentioning that you get sent into an empty lobby even if there are ongoing matches that you won't get to see for being full or even with spots available but out of your ping limiter.

Since it is very time consuming to even find a match, why DE does not rework the challenges to make them easier?

Idk, man. I've never had to wait that much for a conclave match.  When i feel like playing wf those challenges are usually completed in a couple of days and the "hardest" one might be completing 10 daily challenges and that's because these are capped to 2 on each mode (to encourage playing different modes).

One challenge says "play 20 games" and to start a game you have to wait around 30 minutes per match (that's 6+ hours of waiting time just to complete 1 from the 3 challenges).
Then you have to win 10 games which is even more time consuming.

Well, i've never had to wait that l9kg for a lobby. Other than that, anything is time consuming when you don't like it but still do it as a chore. Since i'm having fun on conclave, daily tasks get completed before i even realize and then suddenly one day i get an inbox message from Teshin with the rewards for completing all of the weeklies which won't be a reason to stop playing.

To get 50.000 standing to get a weapon skin when there are another 3/5 skins to choose for most weapons in game with platinum.

What did you expect? All of the conclave rewards wrapped in Teshin's inbox message? A PVC model of a skimpy anime lotus to put on your desktop delivered by DE with a congratulation letter written by Steve? A code to get an Excalibur Prime + Lato Prime + Skana Prime for doing thw weeklies even tough these are known to never return? The current Prime access with the accessories included? Platinum to get one of the market skins for free? Don't be delusional.

The only way Conclave might get some attention is by putting a K-Drive racing mode in it and reworking the challenges but it won't happen since it is a lost cause.

Huh, DE has mentioned something about a racing mode a couple of times, K-Drives aren't appealing to me (mostly because the potential of warframe's parkour system goes to waste on them).

Also, "lost cause" is subjective. PvE is more of a lost cause imo, but then we have player praising it for being so easy that anyone can beat it by copying a build from youtube and mashing 1234 in the right order anyways.

• Like 4